Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Where does your name come from?

My nickname, Roo, is from the fact that everyone on my dorm room floor in undergrad had a similar name. I began to use it--members in my family had used it for years--regularly from that point on.

The 719? Area code. Apparently, there's another Roo on the boards. Never seen him post, tho...

Peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I made a thread like this a year ago, but since then it has been dead. Here is my story:

The story behind "Dan - Tasmic!" is quite simple. As many know, I am an ex CM. I work in TL attractions at HISTA, Astro Orbitor, and BLAB, but I mainly did GC: parades, fireworks, special events, and you guessed it: FANTASMIC! As first, when I was first scheduled it, I didn't know what it was or what I was into. I soon began to loathe it as a passion. Soon, as I recieved more Fantasmic! shifts, I began to love it and it became my life and that was all I ever did. i rarely saw my attractions after that. Me with other CMs worked together a lot and knew what we were doing to a point we guided new hires how things worked and flowed. The name "Dan - Tasmic!" came to me from another former CM when he combined his name with Fantasmic! His name was "Dean Phan" and I saw the name "Phan - Tasmic!" Soon, I saw the word play and added my name, hence my Mice Chat name: Dan - Tasmic!

• Mischievous Mouse

I forget .. either Warner Brothers or Hanna Barbera

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Mine comes from Yesterland. A close relative of mine owned the two citrus houses in Disneyland. My name is a play on the name of the citrus house in Adventureland, which was known as Sunkist I Presume.

Here is an interesting story about that name. One day I asked my aunt, "Why is it named Sunkist I presume?". She told me that Disney named it. I never clarified if she meant it was Walt or someone from within the company, although my feeling is that she meant Walt himself.

But the funny thing is after telling me this, she said, "I hate that name."

• Banned User

Mine is actually just my real name! I always had the interesting, intricate names, so for once I thought I would be plain jane.

My first name had been CheshireGrrrrl, but I figured my love for that kitty would be obvious from my picture. Hehehe.....

• or CBF

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    What is the box code?
    Sort of complicated, but I'l try to explain.

First you take a sentence or phrase with a perfect square (4,9,16,25) number of letters, for example: "Micechat is the best site ever" has 25 letters.

Then you make a box out of the letters based on the square root, in the example, it would be a 5x5 grid. You place the letters so that it's read up and down, like so:

M H T S E
    I A H T E
    C T E S V
    E I B I E
    C S E T R

Then read the letters from left to right to encode the message

MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

And that's Julius Caesar's Box Code
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Princess at heart

The "NCA" part of mine stands for Northern California. I don't really like it though.

I had been an occasional visitor to the site for about a year and I was planning a trip to Disneyland so wanted to post a question. When I had to make up a screen name I couldn't think of one that hadn't already been taken so I came up with NCA Disneyfan. Now that I've been on the site for a while and met some of the people at a few of the meets I think it would be too hard to change it. But I really wish I could come up with a name that sounded better and described me.
    ~ Tami

• Minion

Blog Entries

Snow_White_Raven

When I was in high school I had long black hair, and icy white skin... One of my friends said that I looked like Snow White with my Raven hair... In addition to the fact that I love Snow White (my absolute most favorite princess) and the fact that everyone seemed to say I resembled her I just went ahead and made it my screen name...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Carey View Post
    I tried to get a pic of Sir Clinks when we went, but it didn't turn out well. (The knight, not the MCer)

My name is from Summer Magic, one of my favorite movies.

yeah, I've tried to get a good pic of him (the knight, not myself) for awhile too. I've gotten a couple, but nothing great. What I need is to get walked off toad one time and get a picture with me AND sir clinksalot (the knight, not a picture with myself).

Good stories everyone!
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I enjoy watching pickles firment in vinegar. That's where my screen name comes from

• =)

Contrary to what may be popular belief, the Star Trek character has nothing to do with it. (The original series pwns TNG anyway. )

Datameister = data + meister = information + German for "master" = "master of information." Because I like learning stuff. I use it on a lot of sites...jwfan, Lostpedia, Wikipedia, conceptart.org, cgsociety, etc.

I would say that name is well earned Data, I consider your responses to always be quite insightful, well thought out and well-informed.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    I enjoy watching pickles firment in vinegar. That's where my screen name comes from
    In that case my screen name comes from what they call me in England and the year of Disneyland's birth.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Well, when I first signed up for Micechat, I was in a hurry, and looking for answers to some questions. So, I thought about my favorite character (Stitch) and my mind automatically went to the way I tend to "cutesy" things up....Stichy-Poo.

After a while, I made lots of friends, met great people, had such a good time...I decided to stick around, and "de-cutesy" my name to just plain Stitchy

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast