Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

NW Micechatters Meet again! 1/17/09

Well folks it was time for another NW Micechat meet, the first of 2009. We met to shop the Disneyland AMS Outlet store that had recently opened. Not only that, but we also got to meet with members from 2 other Disney sites. The first was the Mountainears, a NW Disney NFFC chapter that has been around for many years. The other was members from Dizpins, the online pin collecting and trading website.

I got there at 10 as they opened and met up with Simply Mad and ykiki. Tinkermonkey was close behind. InspiredbyWalt and Time4recess made it, as did LLEBREKNIT and her family. We finally got to meet her husband.
    The Mountainears and Dizpins members also showed and we got to shopping.

Overall the deals were not as great this time. They had a lot of apparel, especially for children and babies. Very little collectibles. They had a few pins, certainly more than last time I went. I got a cool Disneyland shirt for about 65% off.

After shopping we went to the foodcourt. I brought Snickerdoodles for the event and we traded stories and pins. The Mountainears brought their autumn newsletters for everyone in attendance.

A great time was had by all and before we separated for the day, we got the needed group shot.

Attending:
    Melonballer (also a member of Dizpins)
    SimplyMad
    Ykiki
    Tinkermonkey
    LLEBREKNIT
    InspiredByWalt
    Time4recess
    MakeMineMusic (also a member of the MountainEars)

We also had 5 Mountaineers and 2 Dizpins members (besides myself). Thank you to everyone who came to the meet. We will have more coming in the future.

• Minion

Re: NW Micechatters Meet again! 1/17/09

I love seeing you guys meet up!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Aw! It looks like you guys had fun! There's a ton of people! Wow...

I so wanted to make it but I kept looking at my to-do list feeling like "how could I justify going when the list is that long?" Finally I did the "grown up thing" and put school in front of Disneyland (a first...). But yay! Funness!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Aw! It looks like you guys had fun! There's a ton of people! Wow...

I so wanted to make it but I kept looking at my to-do list feeling like "how could I justify going when the list is that long?" Finally I did the "grown up thing" and put school in front of Disneyland (a first...). But yay! Funness!
    I hope to see you again next meet. I am hoping for an even bigger turn out.

Anyone else who attended want to add their experiences?

Man, I wish I could've made it to this one. It was either drive the Seattle or go to Disneyland next week.

When does the next Disney movie come out? I'll have to make plans to make the trip for that!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post
    Man, I wish I could've made it to this one. It was either drive the Seattle or go to Disneyland next week.

When does the next Disney movie come out? I'll have to make plans to make the trip for that!
    I think the next film is UP, well the next animated one at least. I am sure we will have a meet for that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneybanks View Post

Hannah Montana- the movie comes out April 10th. I know I'm a dork. Miley kinda' bugs me, but Jason Earles (who plays her older brother on the show) is 4 years older than me and is hot... And the trailer looks cute.

• Banned User

I can never see myself at a Hannah Montana movie. Well, maybe if my life depended upon it. ha!

• Banned User

I wish a GOOD outlet would open again. These last ones were real stinkers. I think the one that was best was the one where I first met all of you. When was that ? 2 years ago?? I think so.

• Pathetically Obsessed

I will try to get a tr up soon. No promises on this one though.

It was good to see everyone again as well as meet the MountainEars and Dizpin folks that showed. Cool!
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Since I left my camera at home, here is my trip report:

I went to the Supermall way too early on a Saturday morning. Thankfully, there is a Starbucks drive thru along the way. Actually, there were probably 5 along the way, but I only stopped at one.

Upon finding the usual crew (Melonballer, Ykiki & the fabulous Simply Mad) it was time to ... be a bit disappointed in the shopping experience? I wasn't planning on spending a LOT of money and it was easy to keep to that plan. Lots and lots of wandering and wanting to get things, but they had so many limited sizes. A lot of the youth sweatshirts were only available in sizes like XXS and XL. Not helpful when I needed a small. This repeated itself throughout the store.

I definitely saw a much larger selection of pins than I have ever seen at one of these outlets. Holiday completer sets, the lanyard sets with 4 pins, the pirate set with the background, all the fairies, retro pins, small world pins, jungle cruise...you get the idea. The collectibles stuff was VERY limited and nothing caught my eye other than a Peter Pan figure that I would have taken a picture of had I brought the camera.

Oh, I did buy a few things so it wasn't a total bust. But really? Shopping wasn't why I was there! It was to see friends, meet new people and eat some cookies. None of those were a disappointment at all!

I can't wait to start figuring out just how we will come up with a plan for the NW Mega Mouse Meet. It will be a great time, I'm sure!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Pathetically Obsessed

Yeah Tiff, you're right. The shopping wasn't what I was expecting and there really wasn't too much in the way of collectible merch. However, I made do by starting on my pin collection! Pix to follow!

As for the NW Mega Mouse meet, we're looking forward to that. Wonderful to meet new folks and to see good friends once again.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

What's the Mega Mouse Meet?

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    What's the Mega Mouse Meet?
    The theoretical giant Disney site meet we are considering having with some of the other sites. We discussed it a little on Sunday. After I get a working computer again the MountainEars and I are going to be discussing it and working out more details. I'll keep you all in the loop.

• Pathetically Obsessed

And, as I understand it, no one entered the 'IBW will get lost again pool'????? Will I ever live that down??? Tiff will always be around to remind me, I'm sure.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast