Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Happy Inauguration Day

I have gotten up early today and turned on my television set so that I can watch the coverage of the Inauguration. All aspects of it are being shown and reported on. I find it very interesting. I especially enjoy when they show the young people that are excited about the future of our country.

Happy Inauguration Day! (I had to check the spelling on that word to make sure I got it right).
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Happy Inauguration Day

I posted this in the DL I just think there's a little too much pomp and circumstance for me. I have class today so I'm probably going to record it just to see if there's anything that I need to see (like maybe mid-way through Obama stumbles over some words or something).

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We live in a different world today. The media is everywhere. They are covering every aspect of this historical day. The President, his family, the entire Inauguration is under a microscope for all the world to see. We can choose to watch, or not watch. I like hearing the small details of the day. It makes the President and his family seem real to me. I wouldn't be in his shoes for anything. Just how well he does as our country's leader remains to be seen. I am a private person, and just how much privacy they will get remains to be seen.
    Pop Century Resort

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I turned the TV on first thing this morning to watch the Inauguration coverage. ABC is using "Reflections on Earth" as the soundtrack for their coverage. Very cool! Synergy at it's best.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am amazed at all the people that are there. Most of them will not even hear any of today's pomp and circumstance. However, they wanted to be there. I think that it is wonderful the way they have been accomodated. Security is hopefully what it needs to be.

Earlier, they showed the crowd waving, when Barack and his wife were shown on the large screens that are set up. I can't imagine standing out there in the cold that long.

There are crowds, but it does not seem "crowded".
    Pop Century Resort

• For old time sake

I have Cspan on. Even though I did not vote for Obama, I will watch the Inauguration. I never understand all the pomp and circumstance that goes on. Some stuff is just overdone??? I don;t know.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Circle of Ancients

Just turned on CNN, although I may switch to MSNBC or ABC if they are using awesome Disney music.

The sheer number of people is staggering. I've seen inauguration's before, but never anything like this. It's really good to see.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have never been to Washington DC, so seeing the Nation's Capital is a treat to me. I am amazed at the technology that we have today. We can see this all "Live" from the comfort of our homes.
    Pop Century Resort

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Unfortunately I have to work today. But all I really want to do is hear the speech. I am sure it will be inspiring.

My workplace has live streaming blocked on the internet, so hopefully some people who have radios in their cubes will have them turned on to the speech.

If not I could probably watch a recording of the event on one of the news sites during my lunch break.

Oh well.

• Circle of Ancients

I actually just got an email from my work that IF I had been in the office today, they had a link up where we could stream it, with management approval.

I thought that was cool.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

They actually have a large Jumbotron up in downtown Chicago, so that people can watch the swearing in ceremony today. Like I said, this is something that a lot of people do want to watch. It used to be that you would hope that you were near a television when an historic moment happened. Then you would go home, and catch it on the evening news. Instead, this has become an all day event.

I have switched to our local channel, WGN. Illinois, and Chicago is highly represented here at this event.
    Pop Century Resort

• MC State Comptroller

I am watching it over the net right now. I think it's fantastic, I'm am not a huge fan of Obama, but it is history in the making and it is fascinating.

One thing that bothered me though was when they introduced Bush, he was booed by the crowd. Now I am no fan of Bush at all, and I am all for free speech, but that to me was bad form! It also makes us look like we have no class! I actually feel bad for Bush.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Each of our Presidents has a unique place in the history of our country. I believe that they all start out with the hope of making a change. I think that it was wonderful how the new family bid farwell to the old one.

We must remember that one man does not run this country. We have one leader. If our country needs fixing, we must all do our part.
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

We watched the speech in class. I kept wondering with that crowd what do they do about the bathroom situations?

• Circle of Ancients

There were porta-potties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast