• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Designing Disney's Theme Parks : The Architecture of Reassurance

Does anyone have this book? I'd like to get one but it is awfully expensive... around $125... and difficult to find. Does anyone know why this book is so costly and elusive? If you have read it, please tell me a little about it.

by Karal Ann Marling
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: Designing Disney's Theme Parks : The Architecture of Reassurance

I have this one and Walt Disney Imagineering. I've had them a good say, 10ish years now. Great books, lots of fun pictures. I don't think it cost THAT much when I bought it back then! That's crazy!!

• insufferable know-it-all

I remember seeing the exhibit when it was at the Armand Hammer museum in Westwood. If I recall correctly, the book was considered a good representation of the exhibit... which means it's AWESOME!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Does anyone have this book? I'd like to get one but it is awfully expensive... around $125... and difficult to find. Does anyone know why this book is so costly and elusive? If you have read it, please tell me a little about it.

by Karal Ann Marling
    I've got an extra copy of this book that I've never opened, it's still in its sealed plastic wrap. If you want it you can have it for what I paid for it which is no where near $125 (pm me for details). It's a really interesting book (with loads of great pictures) about what goes into designing the Disney theme parks. The book was written to accompany an exhibition that was called Designing Disney's Theme Parks: The Architecture of Reassurance. The exhibition started in Montreal in June of 1997, and traveled to three other cities, including Los Angeles where it ran from May 9, 1998 to August 2, 1998 at the Armand Hammer Museum of Art and Cultural Center at UCLA. The book is essentially a catalogue of everything that was in the exhibit.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

I found it on Amazon through third party dealers. Prices range from $55 to $131. Click here.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse
    I've got an extra copy of this book that I've never opened, it's still in its sealed plastic wrap. If you want it you can have it for what I paid for it which is no where near $125 (pm me for details). It's a really interesting book (with loads of great pictures) about what goes into designing the Disney theme parks. The book was written to accompany an exhibition that was called Designing Disney's Theme Parks: The Architecture of Reassurance. The exhibition started in Montreal in June of 1997, and traveled to three other cities, including Los Angeles where it ran from May 9, 1998 to August 2, 1998 at the Armand Hammer Museum of Art and Cultural Center at UCLA. The book is essentially a catalogue of everything that was in the exhibit.
    THANK YOU! I've sent a PM!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.