View Poll Results: Did any of you read R.L. Stines "Goosebumps"?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • I did read them

16 61.54%
  • I did not read them

10 38.46%
  • Never heard of the "Goosebumps" book series

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Does anyone remember R.L. Stines "Goosebumps"?

I remember that I use to collect those books like crazy when I was younger. I have some of their episodes on VHS too. Me and my friend use to look forward to watching Goosebumps every Friday on Fox at 4PM. That was what all the young people were into not long back. Now it has pretty much faded into the history books. I LOVED the cover of #20 "A night in Terror Tower" and "The Coo-Coo Clock of Doom".

The stories I remember from the Goose bumps books are:

The Barking Ghost
    Don't Eat Worms
    The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight
    Night of the Living Dummy I, II, III
    Stay out of the Basement
    Deep Trouble
    Attack of the Killer Blob
    Ghost Camp
    One Day at Horrorland
    Ghost Next Door
    The Haunted Mask
    The Warewolf of Fever Swamp
    and of Course the Goosebumps story that started it all, issue #1 "House of Horrors"

I can go on and on naming the books. Do any of you remember Goosebumps? Did you like them? What story(ies) did you like the most?

• That's Hawt

Re: Does anyone remember R.L. Stines "Goosebumps"?

I used to collect those and Animorphs! My favorite was the Haunted Mask one.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Now that you mention animaphores I do remember those too.

I have the haunted mask on VHS and man did that episode scare me when I was young. First I remember a scene where the other haunted masks come out of the shop Carly stole her haunted mask from and they were chasing her or something. The part that really creaped me out though was when her wooden head in the end began to talk.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I voted that I didn't read them, BUT I used to watch the movies with my oldest. He LOVED the goosebumps movies. There was one about an amusement park that he watched over and over. I read a few of them to him though

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I voted that I didn't read them, BUT I used to watch the movies with my oldest. He LOVED the goosebumps movies. There was one about an amusement park that he watched over and over. I read a few of them to him though
    Yeah I know what amusement park show you are talking about. That Goosebumps show was based after the Goosebumps book titled "One Day in Horrorland".

• gunslinger

lol, I still have all of my Goosebumps. Great starter books.

A Night In Terror Tower was totally tops. It was the only one that actually scared me. It was so dark. One Day At Horrorland was really good too. Did they make a movie of that one? I'd LOVED to have seen it.
    "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
    -Walter O' Dim.

• no flash photography...

I have never read the books, but I went on the attraction at sea world and thought it was pretty bad....as far as an attraction goes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by myka
    lol, I still have all of my Goosebumps. Great starter books.

A Night In Terror Tower was totally tops. It was the only one that actually scared me. It was so dark. One Day At Horrorland was really good too. Did they make a movie of that one? I'd LOVED to have seen it.
    Yup they made a movie of Horrorland.

What is the title of the Goosebumps book that had slime that transformed things?

I remember there were three stories of this mutating slime. One had an image of a big mutated hampster on it, On had a giant foot on it, and I forget what the third one had on it. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Read it with my boy. Great books.

• Again! Again! Again!

Heard of them. I better if I'm gonna be a teacher! Never read them though. I do need to start collecting them for my class library.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• /sigh

I never read them, but my little sister loved them. Didn't they make a tv show on nickleodean?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I never read them, but my little sister loved them. Didn't they make a tv show on nickleodean?
    Yea, there was a show for a while ... I used to watch it and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Wonderful World

awww yes the good ol days
    I'm back MiceChat

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    Yea, there was a show for a while ... I used to watch it and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
    OMG I watched Are You Afraid of the Dark with my little brother, he LOVED that show!!!

My son also liked the one with the werewolves in the swamp and the dad that was actually a mutant plant or something like that.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My little brother had them and he wasn't really that into them. As a young teen, I would sometimes find them lying around and it would be a really quick read. I found them entertaining.

I never watched any of the shows. The scary story show that I remember from my youth was that "Tales From the Crypt" show.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast