Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

What was your senior portrait expereince like?

I don't know if it's just the high school my kids attend or that things have changed dramatically over the last 24 years.

When my hubby and I were seniors in high school, we went to very nice studios, had dressing rooms to change in and do our hair and make-up , and the photographers took at least an hour to take several shots of us. The pictures were all so good that it was hard to choose which ones to order.

This year it was time for my daughters to have their senior pictures done. I spent a lot of money having their hair, eyebrows and make - up done. They were told to go to the school (?!) at a certain time for their appointments and when they got there, they were cattle herded through the typical Lifetouch paperwork. After they turned in their forms and paid their money, they sat in chairs waiting for twenty minutes then were told "Just go over to the park now." (?!) When they got there, the photographer and his assistant messed up their hairstyles and made them pose in five different unflattering ways. Needless to say, when we got the photographs , they were the worst pictures I'd ever seen of my daughters.

Yesterday, my daughters came home from school and told me that there'd been an announcement that today was the last day to have senior portraits re-done. I was like "That can't be right. Let me call the school ." So I called the school today at 11am and was told by the office secretary and then called the Lifetouch photographer at 11:30 am and was told by both that that yes, today was the last day and that they had to be taken at the park rather than a studio because they wanted the yearbook pictures to be "environmental." I was also told that the pictures were being taken between 2 and 5:30 pm and to check in at the school first. So I picked up my girls at noon which was the only time the hairdresser had available , ran around spending more money getting their hair done, told them not to worry about their eyebrows and had them do their own make-up. I drove by the park and thought it was strange that the photographers weren't there. Then I drove to the school and there was no one in the student union building. I called the office from my car and said "What's going on with the senior portraits now?" and was told "We made an announcement on the intercom at 2 pm today that they were cancelled."

Needless to say, I was ticked. The story gets even worse, but I'll leave it at this for now!

Please tell me not all senior portrait experiences are as bad as this one!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: What was your senior portrait expereince like?

When I was in high school we just went to the basket ball gym to take pics. But I went to a studio to take pics in my graduation gown for senior year. 5 years later, I have still yet to recieve a pic of me shaking the principles hand when getting my diploma on graduation day.....

eh....The photographers probably have not gotten around to it yet. I better wait a little bit more.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Wow, that really sucks. I would be pissed! Mine was quite regular and boring, I barely remember it. We were all given appoinments and it went rather smoothly. I don't have a color version on my laptop, but here is a sepia one:
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Wow, that really sucks. I would be pissed!

So would I but I am not the one who paid for it so I really didn't care. LOL.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    So would I but I am not the one who paid for it so I really didn't care. LOL.
    Sorry- I meant that I would be pissed if I was Wilema!
    I also never got the pic of me shaking whoever it was's hand though!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink
    Sorry- I meant that I would be pissed if I was Wilema!
    I also never got the pic of me shaking whoever it was's hand though!
    Oh silly me. LOL.

I do personally enjoy drawing on the pics of people I did not like though. That was fun

• e komo mai

My experience was not as bad as that. Yikes. I'd be ticked off...

I went to Catholic school. We had strict rules about what kind of clothes to wear in our pics, no advertisements, no logos etc. But I did sneak in with a polo shirt with a tiny Mickey Mouse on it. It made it into the yearbook and no one noticed until after. Our head priest, Father Stankard (honest - that was his name), was miffed when he saw it. (He must have been a Donald fan.)

• no flash photography...

it was august and they made us wear sweaters!!...need i saw more...?...oh, and they took the pictures on campus...in a trailer I think....this was in a nice town too...

• And, THEN she said...

omg i would be pissed too..

mine went pretty good we had ours done when we went in for orientation so it was just another stop LOL heres mine it came out pretty good mom was pleased with it

it came out kind of crappy here this is a scan of a scan LOL

• CM for 4 years!

Mine was B-A-D. I had just got my hair "fixed" (it had spent the summer lime green, you see), and it was styled and poofed up to ****. Then I wore a red satin button up basic shirt. Issue was my hair was almost black... red satin shirt... when they came out, I LOOKED LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON. ****. I was pissed.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Queen of Randomness

In our school library by Lifetouch and all the girls all wear black wraps and all the guys wear tuxedo tops. I went to an another studio to get pictures done too.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

My pictures were in 1988. We had the option of having them done at the school or going to a studio and paying to have them done. My folks brought me to a studio. They turned out relatively well, considering that I photograph pooly. The guy didn't spend an hour with me, but it was maybe half an hour. I wound up with a folder of 8 pictures for my mom and I could choose a few to pass out, or send with my graduation announcement.

I'm sorry your experience has been so bad.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Just Me

1986, in the summer before Sr year. We were given a list of photographers to go to. it was great. I had the formalish one, sitting in a chair in the studio to go in the year book and then I got to change for some outside sets. One of my outside shots even ended up in the studio display area.

• Ooh boy!

I'll tell you in two years.

• oh bugger

Wow, these all seem sorta strange to me. Everyone was in charge of their own senior portraits, about 95% of the seniors went to private photographers around town to have sessions to take senior pictures. I had many in studio pictures and then we walked to a park and had some pictures taken there. I then got to not only choose which one I wanted in the yearbook I was able to choose several to give out to friends in wallet size as well as larger ones to be framed for around the house.

Everyone's pictures were different and only a small handful did the generic in school photo session offered to the underclassmen.

Wilema, sucks that the school was not more helpful with this situation, it seems strange that a photographer would be so bad if thats what they do for a living. So many people would take his job and do a good job at it that it seems strange that the pictures and service would be so poor. I hope everything works out for you and your daughters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast