Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Do you own a ferret?

Background story -

Kat, my 8 year old, is getting a new puppy. She doesn't know it yet..but it's a mini-dachsund. It will be the biggest thrill of her life!

My husband and I were concerned about our son, Bailey not having a pet of his own. Would he be jealous?

Bailey has indicated an interest in ferrets. I have never known anyone who owns a ferret.

Are they easy to take care of? How are they with other animals? (We also have a spoiled cat!) Are they messy? Are they high maintenance?

I want the REAL TRUTH! And yes...I can handle it!

Re: Do you own a ferret?

Ferretts are fun. You can train them just like a cat. They are very energetic and will get into everything....just like a two yr old. Even though they are descented in most states they still have a strong musk scent. They can be messy, if you leave things out they can get into...but can be litterboxed trained. They like to chase things and can actually intimidate a cat.
    How old is your son? Because ferretts are fun but can be mean at times. I have known them to bite especially in the face...so no kissing them. If he is young I would reccommend a guinea pig instead of a ferrett for sure.

• So!

I believe Ferret's are illegal in California...I've never seen one.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I believe you are right.

From what I hear, they're pretty smelly animals and have strange temperaments.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

"If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    Since she's moving to Kansas that's not a problem

BaileyKat, I would think you could research online and then if you find somewhere near you that sells them you could talk to them about the Ferret Pro's & Con's Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!!

Oh and can I just tell you how madly jealous I am about Kat's puppy!!! I adore "weenie dogs"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Oh and can I just tell you how madly jealous I am about Kat's puppy!!! I adore "weenie dogs"

She has NO idea she's getting it! My Mom bought it for her..she'll get it in 3 weeks when we go to Texas for a visit! She's going to explode!

She's allready named her future "puppy"! Even though she doesn't know...ew've told her when we move into a house, she can get a dog. As soon as we started looking at houses in Kansas, she started in. She told my Mom this summer she wanted a mini-weenie and she was going to name it Hershey!

SO..my Mom is going to wrap up a Hershey kiss and give it to Kat as an early bday present...then tell her...Oops! I wrapped the wrong Hershey...then give her the puppy!

I'm trying REALLY hard to talk Bailey into a gerbil or guinea pig...he really wants a ferrret....I think they are legal in Kansas...This will be of course o nce the new puppy gets all settled and we tear my cat off the ceiling!

• Just Me

Get him a rat!!

• Rally Time!

i had a ferret a long long time ago. they are fun! yes, they are illegal in California and can be musky/smelly, so get one descented. pretty easy to take care of - the only drawback i think was the smell. they are unique so always get some interest around strangers. and they can be very funny to watch when they're playful.

interesting how they mate - the male grabs the female by the neck and he keeps slowly but steadily flip-flopping her around every now and then, until she's just too tired to put up a fight any more. then it happens. and there you have it.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I do not own a ferret, but I do own a gumball
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• That's Hawt

Ew ... I'm sorry but I think Ferrets are NASTY! They're illegal in California because if they get out they can decimate crops ... and they smell like stanky crack!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Just Me

I say again, the boy needs a RAT! They are fun, smart, clean, affectionate.... I wouldn't trade my girls for any other type of pet.

• All? NO, ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    I do not own a ferret, but I do own a gumball
    How... relevant.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

My friend when I was in high school had a ferret. I don't know much about ferrets but she really enjoyed hers. Simon was his name.

Yeah, I'm helpful.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baileykat
    She has NO idea she's getting it! My Mom bought it for her..she'll get it in 3 weeks when we go to Texas for a visit! She's going to explode!

She's allready named her future "puppy"! Even though she doesn't know...ew've told her when we move into a house, she can get a dog. As soon as we started looking at houses in Kansas, she started in. She told my Mom this summer she wanted a mini-weenie and she was going to name it Hershey!

SO..my Mom is going to wrap up a Hershey kiss and give it to Kat as an early bday present...then tell her...Oops! I wrapped the wrong Hershey...then give her the puppy!

I'm trying REALLY hard to talk Bailey into a gerbil or guinea pig...he really wants a ferrret....I think they are legal in Kansas...This will be of course o nce the new puppy gets all settled and we tear my cat off the ceiling!
    O
    M
    G
    that is so cute!!!! Kat is going to squeal! How exciting! You so have to post her reaction

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast