• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Gettysburg address reinactment at the Huntington Library

yesterday i went to the huntington library again, because i had heard that they have a Abraham Lincoln exhibit. unfortantly i was not a loud to take pics inside. but there were lots of cool stuff in there, like letters, original and forged, pics of his funeral, news paper of the man wanted for assasinating him. a lock of his hair, the clay mask of his face and hands. very cool. but here is what else i took pics of, a reinactment of the gettysburg address. Along with those are pics of very old books

This image has been resized. Click to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600. This image has been resized. Click to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.

This image has been resized. Click to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600. This image has been resized. Click to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600.

• love my friends

Re: Gettysburg address reinactment at the Huntington Library

VIckie I loved your report

Friends for life

thanks

• Disappearing/Reappearing

YAY!!! Cool report! Love the pictures!

cool pics..
    just do what you think...

thank you stitchy

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

[/quote]

Nice report. I've seen this band many times. They are out of Long Beach City College. Here is a link to their web site. They are really good. Also, this Lincoln has performed at Civil War Reenactments in the So.Calif. area and I've heard his Gettysburg address several times.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Being a teacher, let alone a history buff (depends on the topic!), I would have found this just as facinating. Thanks for sharing.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post

Nice report. I've seen this band many times. They are out of Long Beach City College. Here is a link to their web site. They are really good. Also, this Lincoln has performed at Civil War Reenactments in the So.Calif. area and I've heard his Gettysburg address several times.[/quote]
    yes, they did say they were from Long beach city college!

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    Being a teacher, let alone a history buff (depends on the topic!), I would have found this just as facinating. Thanks for sharing.

Peace,
    Roo
    it was, my boyfriend is a history teacher and loved it