Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Parents, Please Read This!

My Neighbor has a son who is extremly athletic, but gets poor grades. He Began getting calls from a MILITARY recruiter. Even after his son stated he wanted nothing to do with the military, they continued to call, even try to visit his son at the high school!

Come to Find out, (when my nieghbor threatened legal action to no avail) That Section 9528 of the "No Child Left Behind" Act REQUIRES Schools to realease any and all information on any child when requested by a Military Recruiter???? WOW.

To see what YOU can do, visit http://www.leavemychildalone.org/
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Re: Parents, Please Read This!

OMG... when I was in high school I would get calls ALL THE TIME... I'm like... ummm... do you even know me? Because if you did you'd know that I was NOT military material AT ALL!!

• most magical vaca ever

Hey, does anyone know if this is true?

The army, navy, etc.. will not let people with ADD/ADHD sign up?

Just curious, heard this once and thought it was interesting....
    ~~~~~~

• Waiting for the stork

Yes it is true...

When filling out all the first day of school papers that form ws in my dughters packet

You can sign a form at the begining of the year disallowing the schools from releasing your childs information.
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

When I was in High School I never once got a call from any army group. Probably because I am not all that fit LOL. I never even open any mail they send to me I just throw it out because I want nothing to do with it.

• insufferable know-it-all

wrassler: really? The Navy was all over me! (any anyone who knows me knows how unfit for military I am!)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    wrassler: really? The Navy was all over me! (any anyone who knows me knows how unfit for military I am!)
    The only thing they hassled me with, and still do, is the ads telling me all the benefits of the military. They were ads that said if you send something in. you will get a free DVD, braclet, or something like that. Of course I never did because I know it is just another way for them to get my info. My friend always sent in for the free things though and i'm not sure if he was hassled by them or not. The ads do memntion all of the military benefits but they don't mention that you will get them probably after going to war in a foreign country or something like that. The last time I filled out something for the military was when I turned 18 a few years back. I respect the guys in the military, but I am just a person who does not want anything to do with it.

I remember when they came to my high school, they would always set up these cool simulator rides, etc and have a big group of students around the officials talking to them. I just kept away fom those areas. Plus just about every school day, military officials just casually walked around our campus.

• Mexihick, y'all

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2
    Hey, does anyone know if this is true?

The army, navy, etc.. will not let people with ADD/ADHD sign up?

Just curious, heard this once and thought it was interesting....

Not true. Husband has ADD/ADHD. The military tries to limit people, but if you want in bad enough, a lot of times they'll bend (regarding physical disabilities and limitations).

•   
    • So fetch

My mom let me skip school when the ASVAB tests were going on so I never got any calls. She did the same for my brothers. My brother got some calls because after 9/11 he went and spoke with a recruiter. He had second thoughts and changed his mind. He told the recruiter and he never heard from them again. I think it really depends on the recruiters you're dealing with.

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    The Navy was all over me!

Funny, the Navy was all over my mom in the 40's. Wait, you mean trying to recruit you. They were just all over my mom until she married one of them.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• GO DBACKS!!

I don't mind the military, it's those damn Credit Card Nazi's I cant stand.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    I don't mind the military, it's those damn Credit Card Nazi's I cant stand.
    I'm with you on that one.

And I could start a bonfire with all the college stuff my girls get on a daily basis along .

I don't think my daughters have ever been recruited by the military unless it was done at svchool and I don't know about it. I'll have to ask them tonight.

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfHearts
    Funny, the Navy was all over my mom in the 40's. Wait, you mean trying to recruit you. They were just all over my mom until she married one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
    Yes it is true...

When filling out all the first day of school papers that form ws in my dughters packet

You can sign a form at the begining of the year disallowing the schools from releasing your childs information.
    Read the fine print!! There is usually a yes/no box for military, PTA, and the press. Don't necessarily mark them all "no", unless you're in the witness relocation program or something. It's super cool for a kid to be in the newspaper and if you mark "no", they can't have their picture taken.
    A signature should go here.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

That's probably the most annoying thing about military recruiters. I've known several people who've been actively pursued by military recruiters and sometimes they can be very persistant. Especially if the youth made it a point to have a conversation with them or ask any questions. Honestly, they won't stop trying until you stop taking their calls. I have a friend who considered it this year but decided against it. He now has a great job but the recruiter calls at least once a week and leaves him a message. It's almost a joke!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast