View Poll Results: Do you consider your family to be people who are only biologically related to you?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 19.57%
  • No

37 80.43%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

What type of "Family" do you come from?

A few days ago in my Cultural Diversity class we talked about the definition of family. I stated that in order to be a family, all of the members do not have to be biologically related (In-laws, adopted children, step parents/siblings).

Then their are families with one parent, adoptive parents, people who live with aunts and other family members (or anyone else who is not their mother or father), step parents, Same sex parents, Parents with two different religious backgrounds or different race.

What type of family do you come from?

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: What type of "Family" do you come from?

I come from a traditional mommy and daddy family that spaced their kids out WAY too much. They had my brother in 1949, had my sister in 1955, then had me in 1967.

I also consider my friends part of my family. In fact my real family is pretty much the adoptive family of most of my friends as we vacation together, celebrate milestones together. AND one of my best friends MARRIED into my family. He ended up marrying one of my nieces! Creepy at first? You bet! But now it's just fine and they have one of the sweetest, cutest, goofiest near 2 year olds ever!

• /sigh

I came from a nutty family. Nuff said.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

•   
    • So fetch

I come from a "traditional" family too. Ma, Pa, and two pain in the rear younger brothers. As the oldest and only girl I got the short in of the stick while my brothers were treated like little princes. Figures.....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I come from a traditional mommy and daddy family that spaced their kids out WAY too much. They had my brother in 1949, had my sister in 1955, then had me in 1967.

I also consider my friends part of my family. In fact my real family is pretty much the adoptive family of most of my friends as we vacation together, celebrate milestones together. AND one of my best friends MARRIED into my family. He ended up marrying one of my nieces! Creepy at first? You bet! But now it's just fine and they have one of the sweetest, cutest, goofiest near 2 year olds ever!
    Yeah I consider my friend and his family to be my second family. Before I moved away from them, with my biological family, I was over at his house 24/7. It got to the point that I had to do chores around his house too! LOL. We'll I guess I deserved it since I ate their food and slept over there just about every weekend (Plus he went to my school and lived right down the street from me). So we pretty much saw each other somewhere every single day. It got to the point that my biological parents asked me to come back home for awhile LOL.

• Banned User

I came from a pack of wild dogs, I was the runt of the litter and well be all had to kill forfood

na just kidding !
    I come from a great family, not close but a good family any way. My mom and dad had 2 kids together , mom had 4 from previous marriage and dad had lots and lots of kids from his first few marriages. my parents have been married 41 years ( 5 years after I was born ) still married and stil going strong.
    Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 09-22-2005 at 12:04 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Karla, you are too funny!

My family was my Dad, Mom, older brother, older sister and me. Then my dad died and my mom remarried so I have a step dad, half brother and half sister. Then my mom and stepdad divorced and my mom remarried so now I have another step dad and two step brothers. We're all just one big happy family.
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 09-22-2005 at 10:29 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Well I just found out that some of my cousins were adopted into the family--No wonder they did not look like my aunt or uncle. Any way I had tree grandpas two because one of them was my dads step father, another was my dads biological father, and the third was my moms biological father. I also have a nephew who is part cambodian.

• See what I got?

I have the traditional two-parent-still-married-to-eachother family with two older brothers. I also have some cousins that are legally my aunts, and no inbreeding was involved!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

A dysfunctional one!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• insufferable know-it-all

Let's see... my mom had all my brothers in her first marriage, then she had me, THEN they got married (when I was almost 5), then they got divorced a few years ago, but in the interim, my dad basically raised the youngest of my brothers, so he's his dad too.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

My family has all sorts of diffrent religions too. We are full of Catholics, Mormons, Baptists, you name it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Oh and I am related to people with who are different races (Some of my cousins have a bit of African in them).

• no flash photography...

oops I answered wrong...I mis-read the question...yes, my family is biologically related to me, but thats it. We don't get along most of the time. I'm so different than them. They don't get me, and I don't get them...although I have tried, but it's an exercise in frustration. So, I think being a family is more than just being related by blood...so to speak.

• white and nerdy

Mi Familia:

Mom and Dad married and had five kids in six years. Yaozza!

Oldest Sister got married and had one girl and adopted one boy

Next Oldest sister got married, adopted one girl, one boy, and just gave birth to a baby boy (Jay, see: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...624#post265624 for photo and story as pertianing to disneyland

Me: Got married about two years ago. No children

Younger sister. graduated University. Not married

Youngest Brother: Studying to become a criminal psycologist. Not married.

I think my parents had the right idea. have a whole litter of kids all at once. Sure it was twenty five odd years of hell, but now all the kids are out of the house, there are grandkids a plenty and they are under 55. life is pretty good for them right now.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast