• Circle of Ancients

Jet Blue Flight 292

Did any of you see footage of the emergency landing?

It was truly a miracle that the entire plane did not catch on fire.

I saw an interview on tv this morning with some of the passengers. One was a six month pregnant woman who said her baby was just kicking like crazy during the entire landing. Another was a woman who said the entire crew was just awesome at keeping the passengers calm through out the ordeal. The third was a man who said he went in the bathroom , looked in the mirror, and asked himself "Are you ready to die?" He and all the other passengers thought for sure their number was up. But then he said that it was actually a smoother landing than a lot he's had when the front wheels weren't turned 90 degrees.

I 'm surprised that the pilot didn't turn off the tvs on the plane when they could all see their plane on the news and what was wrong with it, but I guess people wanted to see .

I am so glad all those people are alive and well!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Jet Blue Flight 292

It was a beautiful landing... and not just because fireballs are sparkly.

The pilot needn't have feared the "media wolves", as they all seem to have been pretty complimentary, though I wonder at their right to rebroadcast his radio conversations with the FAA and his dispatcher.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

No kidding!! It's amazing they made it out without a scratch. However, emotionally and mentally, they've got to be a mess right now. I can't imagine circling in a plane for 3 hours, wondering if I'm gonna die. I shudder at even the thought of being in that situation.

• That's Hawt

Oh my gosh I know! I watched that on the news this morning, Today had footage from inside the plane as it was landing, I don't think I could handle that! I am just so very thankful that this plane mishap did not lead to any loss of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Oooh! Who had the footage?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Still wants to be a cat!

DLCM and watched it together via a phone conversation. He saw it first and had me turn on the TV to the same channel.

Amazing footage! Thank goodness all the passengers came away unscathed! But it did have to be weird to watch your own plane on Direct TV going in for a crash landing!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Being a commercial aviation nut I was glued to the tv. Something similar happened in 1999 or so on an America West A320 in Columbus, same nose landing gear issue and everything went ok on that landing too.

I too am shocked the captain/flight crew left the t.v.'s on but my guess is they did so to keep the pax entertained while they circled for a while. I know they turned them off as soon as they mentioned they'd be making an emergency landing at LAX.

I nearly cried when it stopped and all was ok.

Actually, I think it's a great idea to let them know what's going on. Especially considering that during the landing, it'd be good to know exactly what lies outside the plane (eg: if it's on fire or if they're perfectly safe, etc)

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I too am shocked the captain/flight crew left the t.v.'s on but my guess is they did so to keep the pax entertained while they circled for a while. I know they turned them off as soon as they mentioned they'd be making an emergency landing at LAX.

I nearly cried when it stopped and all was ok.
    Yes, I heard the pilot turned the TVs off about 4 minutes before landing. We have definately entered a new "media" era haven't we? I had the same weepy emotion when they landed, I think just from relief.

I'm with Morrigoon, I want to know who has the footage from inside the plane during the landing!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• That's Hawt

The footage from inside the plane was shown this morning on the TODAY show ... I don't know if they have it on their website or not.
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9430871/

I can't check the footage from work (no streaming), but there appears to be a link to the footage on that page.

• That's Hawt

Goonie- That's it for sure!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I watched the landing live, I even flipped over during Lost to watch it. (Yes, sin, I know)

The pilots should get some award for the landing, beautiful.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Again! Again! Again!

To the pilots for a beautiful landing!! My house is in the flight path for Long Beach airport, so as it was circling, it flew over my house quite a few times. I went in the backyard with my binos and you could totally see the front wheels turned!! It was kinda freaky. I'm glad everyone was so calm and that they all returned safely!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Wow, G4, thats bizarre that you could see what I was watching on the news. And I agree, those pilots deserve a great big ol' atta boy!