Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Life is Great!

Disneyland saved our lives

In the past few years, we have only been away overnight one night a year for the Halloween Haunt. My sister in law booked a room at the GCH to celebrate my nieceís first Disney visit and invited us to come along, we just had to buy our own park tickets. We contemplated it and decided the 2-fers were cheap enough to join them. We were supposed to go a few weeks ago, but when all the kids got sick we postponed for Saturday and Sunday, March 21/22. For the first time, the kids would be getting a full day at DL and then an extra day at DCA. Before our passes expired in November, we would usually go early, then leave around 2-3pm as that was a long day for them(and us). We woke up early, headed to Anaheim, got checked into the hotel and then headed to DL for a fun filled day. It was a bit crowded, but fun as always. Later in the day the kids started acting up and having behavioral issues, as it was a very long day for them and around 7pm we even wondered if we should even stay. Luckily, we did. Sunday morning we all woke up, got our things all packed up and my husband went to load the car. It was raining and we were trying to decide whether to stay or go home and come back to DCA another day when at 9am my phone rang. I almost didnít answer it since I didnít recognize the number. It was my landlord calling to let us know our house had caught fire early that morning.

Did Someone Do This on Purpose? | NBC San Diego

There was some sort of fight in the alley next to our house and our trash can ended up on fire which spread to the porch and house. Neighbors called the Fire department who arrived 6 minutes later and had it out in another 10. It only took minutes for the front of the house to become engulfed. The room right next to the trashcan was where Max and Belle would have been sleeping. You can see whats left of her crib in one of the pictures.

It has been a very long week of sorting through what was left and salvaging what we could. We were able to salvage more than we originally thought, but I think we will eventually toss half of it. Sifting through the remnants of the kids room and living room, part of which had been strewn across the side yard(which belongs to a neighbor) when the fire department was fighting the fire, you would only imagine the thoughts running through my head. The material loss will never be as important as the human life that was not lost, but is still hard to cope with. My husband is an avid toy collector and many expensive action figures are now lumps of melted plastic. Our 2 large fresh water fish tanks, filled with fishies, froggies and crabs, 2 entire ecosystems demolished. We did save one fish and 3 crabs that managed to survive out of 40.

We thankfully have a friend who took us in and the kids do not even know what happened. We are trying to keep things as normal as we can for them. We will be eternally grateful for the outpouring of love, kindness and generosity that has come our way in this time of need.

I never thought I would be able to say that Disneyland saved our lives.
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• GO DBACKS!!

Re: Disneyland saved our lives

Oh Marci! Those pictures just make me sick. How devastating. I'm so glad you guys are OK!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• or CBF

Wow. I'm speechless.

Glad that you and your family are OK.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Marci- I am so glad you weren't home. Those pictures are unbelievable.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's so inspirational that you are looking at the bright side of such a tragedy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Marci, I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. Thank goodness you were a the resort and not at home, and it is so good that your babies don't have to see this and have those images in their minds.

Our thoughts are with all of you.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

ó Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Seeing those pictures makes it even more real... I am so sad for everything you guys have lost. I cannot even imagine... but I am so SO glad that you all are safe and that the kids don't know anything about it.... I wish you the best of luck in rebuilding and finding a new permanent place to live.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Cake Anyone?

So glad to hear that you are okay and that you have a good attitude about this tradgey. I am sure God will bless you and your family.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

God bless you and your entire family...remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm sure it will come much sooner then you expect it to be.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

It breaks my heart Marci that some jerks would start a fire and not care that they could have destroyed precious lives. I hope that they will be caught. I am grateful that you were at Disneyland that you are all OK. You deserve great things.

• For You!

So Sad!!! But, I'm so glad to hear that nobody was hurt (except for the fishies). I wish you the best in getting everything restored and back to normal.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Oh, I'm SO sorry to hear this. Thank God you weren't in the house. My prayers will be with you and your family!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Way to keep a positive attitude. I'd be devestated. Let us know if you need anything at all!

• Minion

oh my gosh!! my heart breaks for you! I know things are just things, but some things can never be replaced! Sending you a ton of hugs

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Oh my goodness! Seriously you should send that story to the big wigs at Disney. Wow... So glad everyone is okay! Did you name your crabs and fish Lucky 1-4?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast