Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

A Feel Good Thread

Just like the title says, post something that you saw, hear, experienced whatever that has made you feel good lately.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: A Feel Good Thread

Mine is from a friend of mine and All Aglows that had to Evacuate her family from Houston. She ended her post with this, which just made me feel so good it prompted me to start this thread......

"One piece of uplifting news is that the mayor asked for volunteers left in the city to board buses and deliver water to stranded motorists. Over *400* people showed up and offered to spend 6-8 hours on buses helping their fellow citizens. Makes me feel good."

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

At the moment I don't have a great heart moving moment that has made me feel good. I DID stay home and watch Bon Jovi on the Today show this morning - that did leave me with a warm and fuzzy for the day. <I'm very deep>

• Man O Lantern

My three best friends have major happy happenings...

My best friend from high school found out she was pregnant and is due in April.

My best friend from forever found her soulmate and is getting married in Savannah next month.

My best friend from college is due in a few weeks, and we're having her baby shower Sunday.

I'm just so happy for them. It's a good year.

• Again! Again! Again!

I get to see some of my bestest buds in a week!

My cousin is getting married next month and and I just realized our whole family will be there. The first time in....oh, I don't know how long! All the cousins, aunts, grampa, everyone! I'm not sure what will make me cry, seeing all my family together or my cousin getting married. Probably both!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    At the moment I don't have a great heart moving moment that has made me feel good. I DID stay home and watch Bon Jovi on the Today show this morning - that did leave me with a warm and fuzzy for the day. <I'm very deep>
    LOL! you are so funny!
    I also do not have to much going on, but I am happy as always just to be alive, and able to take care of my grandbabies. I got them into pre school finally and they start Monday. 4 days of pre school 4 hours day, oh yeah that makes me a happy camper!!

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    Several years ago, when "It's My Life" was a hit, I was at the Today Show watching them perform live. We had flown in on Thursday night, and I was awake early on Friday morning. When i realized they would be playing I got dressed, slipped out of the hotel (left everyone else asleep), and walked down to the studio. There were so many people that I actually had to watch from across the street. later that day we visited friends at Broadway Dance center and one of my favorite teachers ever was very jealous that I had been there, he only had it on tape. He told me that it was the largest crowd they had ever had for Today (I'm sure the record has been beaten since).

As for my own feel good... I was just reading the latest issues of Newsweek and Time (sometimes when the mail is delivered I borrow the magazines and read them before they get taken to the library). One of them, I don't remember which, had a story about a conservative family in Mass. taking in a lesbian couple and their children who had been Katrina evacuees. They were all learning from one another and had become a family. It was a very uplifting read.

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I also do not have to much going on, but I am happy as always just to be alive, and able to take care of my grandbabies.
    This statement makes me feel good!!!

• Man O Lantern

I'm always happy to talk about Jon Bon Jovi. And I know that dsnylndmom won't mind one little bit if this thread gets derailed into a I Jon discussion.

I saw Jon at a John Kerry rally last summer. It was just him and Richie and some guitars and it was beautiful!! What a cool afternoon!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I love the fact that he's easy on the eyes, smart and well spoken. Hot rocker with smarts and he's older than me!. Yup, I'd take him home

• e komo mai

I'm setting up a brand new aquarium in my living room. That process always makes me happy.

• lol

Something that has made me really happy was seeing my fave CM at WDW. ^_^

• Just Me

I just got a phone call...she normally only calls me when she wants something. That she called today out of the blue, just to talk, made me feel good. Instead of me doing something for her, she is going to do something for me this weekend. We are going to get together Sunday so she can help me create a resume!!

I didn't realize what a funk I had gotten myself into until today. I actually got dressed for the first time since Tuesday. Not working is starting to get to me (that plus Hubby still being mad at me for quitting). So her call really did a lot to help boost my spirits!

Another thing that makes me happy, taking 5 begging girls from their cages. It is hard to not be happy when you are infested with 5 furry bodies of love!

The Boy gets home from school in 20 mins, seeing his grinning face makes me happy. At least HE is thrilled I am home every day!!!

Knowing The Old People should be home within 3 weeks makes me happy. Knowing they have already crossed most of Texas before the storm hits is a big relief. Not having to check their house and get their mail will make me REALLY happy!
    Last edited by Mousey Girl; 09-23-2005 at 01:06 PM.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    I'm always happy to talk about Jon Bon Jovi. And I know that dsnylndmom won't mind one little bit if this thread gets derailed into a I Jon discussion.
    Mmmmmmmmm Bon Jovi Bounty of Deliciousness!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodTasteInMenErBell
    I saw Jon at a John Kerry rally last summer. It was just him and Richie and some guitars and it was beautiful!! What a cool afternoon!
    I remember you posting about that, and I rememeber thinking "Good Fashion Sense, Good Hair & she gets to see Jon BonDelish, Luckybell is my hero!"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Keeping the theme... Bon Jovi's latest album's making me feel pretty good
    As is thinking about the sexiness that is Jon Bon Jovi himself.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast