Thread: 3 Wishes

• Queen of Randomness

3 Wishes

3 Wishes premiered today and usually I wouldn't have watched a show of this kind but I had many connections to this episode which was kinda cool. This episode revolved around the town of Sonora, California. I grew up around 45 minutes to an hour away from this town so I have visited it many times and was able to recognize many of the locations. Second, one of the wishes was to get a new football field for Sonora High School which is my high school's rival. Finally, the construction company that built the building for little girl was Huff construction, the company that my father works for. He was there and we were there with him but had to sit in jeep in the driveway for safety reasons. It was so cool because I saw about 5 people I knew on the show...it was like hey we go jeeping with him. It was the first time that I have seen people that I know on a television so it was somewhat exciting for me.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• That Guy

Re: 3 Wishes

I don't need three wishes, I only need one.

I wish that show gets canceled soon.

• Queen of Randomness

As I said before, I would not usually watch this show and as I said to my mom I will probably never watch it again. I just knew in about April that there was a television show being taped with Huff Construction in it. Heck I didn't even know who Amy Grant was. So now that I have gotten all that I wanted from that show, it can now disappear and never be spoken of again,

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• That Guy

DG,

No, I think it is totally cool that you got to see some familiar stuff, I just think the concept of the show is pretty corny. Let's put that money into Make-a-Wish for kids, or something else. I wasn't dissing you at all, promise!

• Queen of Randomness

No worries I didn't take it as a diss. I seriously just watched it for one reason. NBC just put a different twist on a concept that's being beatento death. Television shows shouldn't be a excuse to help others. Would they even consider doing something like this without the camera crew.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life

• That's Hawt

You know what's funny? My town was in the top five for that but our "community didn't show enough support" so it went to Sonora!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disney Memory Maker

Television shows shouldn't be a excuse to help others. Would they even consider doing something like this without the camera crew.
    There is one show I believe would, and that's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Unlike all these copycats, the people on this show (and especially Ty) are devoted to this. When you see them talking about the show, you truly get the feeling that they are genuine. As for these other shows though, no, I believe they are fake. They were just attempts of the network trying to steal the ratings from EM:HE.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Queen of Randomness

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    You know what's funny? My town was in the top five for that but our "community didn't show enough support" so it went to Sonora!
    I don't think that is true...I think that you chased them out of town with fire and pitch forks.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life