• white and nerdy

I just gotta share! So Happy!!!

I need to share the biggest obsession Iíve been having for the past year. Bigger than Disneyland.

I am writing a novel.

You see, my whole life Iíve always been ďthe storytellerĒ Actually this kind of has something to do with Disneyland. Not a lot of kids from my home town ever got to go, so after each of my family's yearly visits, I would go to a friends house and all the neighborhood kids, and even some adults would gather around and listen to me tell my story about my adventure at Disneyland.

Well, Iím now 26 and still love telling stories. Around Christmas last year my wife told me that I should just sit my butt down and write a good long story. I started and havenít stopped. I write as much as I can every day (usually only about an hour, although sometimes as much as eight) and love it. I donít write as much as Iíd like (I have to get good grades in school and also work full time) but I write when I can.

Right now my story has:
    28 Chapters
    251 Pages (12 font double spaced)
    77,819 Words
    847 KB of space on my computer

This is the most fun Iíve ever had in my life and, after writing for a bit today, I am so excited and soÖ.. I canít explain itÖ ALIVE, that I had to share it with someone, but itís late, and my wife already knows.

I donít know if Iíll be able to get this book published, I hope I can, but it doesnít even seem to matter at this pointÖ I just love telling this story I made up. I love writing it. I love it!!!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Queen of Randomness

Re: I just gotta share! So Happy!!!

It has always been my dream to write a book. I just need to find my story. Good for you for having the motivation and determination to go through with it.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• no flash photography...

wow...way to go. thats awesome!.

• lol

That's awesome, Joshua! If it does get published, I'll definately buy it!

• Banned User

I am so happy for you!! I love when people find what makes them happy and you definatly have. Good luck and if it gets published let us all know, we will suport you! ( I want a copy Have the best day, and wrtie some good stuff today

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Congratulations. what a wonderful gift. I wish you the best of luck!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I love seeing people find something that they love and just going with it! I admire that kind of passion! Good for you and definitely keep at it!
    ďIn a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.Ē -Michael Jackson

• Know More Than You Should

Good for you!

BTW, I would suggest http://www.lulu.com for self publishing.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Congrats and welcome to the club. You can view what I've written *so far anyway* of my novel by clicking the link at the bottom of the page on my siggy.

IFFy

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• most magical vaca ever

Wow, that is terrific joshua

I also love to write but I don't think anyone would ever believe my life story

Best of luck to ya!
    ~~~~~~

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee

I am writing a novel.

This is the most fun Iíve ever had in my life and, after writing for a bit today, I am so excited and soÖ.. I canít explain itÖ ALIVE, that I had to share it with someone, but itís late, and my wife already knows.

I donít know if Iíll be able to get this book published, I hope I can, but it doesnít even seem to matter at this pointÖ I just love telling this story I made up. I love writing it. I love it!!!

Awesome!!!!

I can feel your exuberance coming through my computer screen!!

When your book becomes a Best Seller, we can all say we know you from Micechat!!!