Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Very disturbing, VERY scary.

Arrest Made In California Girl Sandra Cantu's Kidnapping, Murder Case In Tracy, California - cbs3.com

When 8 year old Sandra Cantu went missing, we prayed for her safe return. When her body was found stuffed into a suitcase, dumped in a pond, we prayed for her murderer to be swiftly brought to justice. It has now come to light that she was sexually assaulted and murdered - by her best friend's mother.

This is something that doesn't come up too often. We always warn our kids of stranger danger, but normally, the predator we have in mind is some creepy pervo guy. Sadly, as this story reminds us, that is not always the case. As a mother, I've always hesitated to let my child stay at a friend's - more so especially if dad, stepdad, mom's boyfriend, or big brother is in residence. It never occurred to me that a woman, the mother of a child, could perpetrate the same heinous crimes that we all fear befalling our children.

This should make all parents stop and think about who is watching your child - even when they're just playing at a friend's.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• For You!

Re: Very disturbing, VERY scary.

You just never know what's going on behind closed doors - we don't let out kids do sleepovers at other people's houses. It's just scary the sick things that are going on in this world.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

That's really incredibly sad. My parents were pretty lenient when it came to letting me sleepover at friend's houses. If they didn't trust the family 100%, they would suggest that their kids come sleep over at our house - it always worked out in the end. When my cousin was in 2nd grade, she slept over at one of her best friend's house, she had known the family for 4 years, and the dad of the family sexually assaulted her and his daughter. It's a pretty sick world, best wishes to the family.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Banned User

My mother died when I was 9 and I had friends whose parents wouldn't let them spend the night with me because I only had a dad. (And, that was 1970!)

What a tragic story. Regardless of the sex of the murderer. That poor little girl was tortured and killed in a horrifying way. Poor baby.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

This is horrible tragedy to happen to such a young girl. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and the community of Tracy, CA.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...Girl14-ON.html
    Last edited by pratt55; 04-14-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Found more info

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

So incredibly sad & horrifying.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ugh, WTF is wrong with people?? *sighs* This doesn't help my already paranoid opinion regarding my daughter playing at a friends house.

• no flash photography...

This story is just sickening. Another news account stated the woman took her to the church she worked at to commit the crime. I hope that woman gets killed in jail.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

As an aunt who has a handful of nieces and nephews, I protect those kids with my life. although I am not their parent, they are my blood and pray to the good lord that he watches over them. I am not the strictest of aunts, but when it comes to them playing around and going to other people's houses, I'm always on the lookout and I warn my brother and sister if I sense something that does not seem right.

May she rest with all those beautiful angels and god bless her sweet little soul.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Senior Minion

Certainly this is a massive betrayal of a child's trust in a grownup, and the entire act, and it's sordid details, are just unspeakably evil. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the little girl's family. It must be especially hard with the home just down the street from their own (the suspect was living with her grandfather).

And I feel sorry for the grandfather, and his church, and its parishioners, who undoubtedly are doing a lot of soul-searching at the moment. The church's web site has/had an open comment section, and some of the remarks put up there were just disgustingly distasteful.

What I just can't get over are the pictures of the accused woman. Look at those eyes. Something there is just plain spooky.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

any pictures of this disgusting witch so I can post it up on my dart board?

• mountains beyond mtns.

Over in the Nick Adenhart thread, Radiobarry reminded us that are we not innocent until proven guilty? And then even if all evidence points toward a conviction, does not the one who is accused of the crime still deserve a fair trial?

Personally I feel that there may be a lot more to this case and I'm sure more will be brought to light. However, only 7% of all murders from 2007 are committed by women and very few of those involve any sexual assault. Moreover, the Tracy,Ca police have been unable to provide a motive for the killing and the autopsy report has not been completed yet.

It's just so completely unfathomable that anyone could commit such heinous acts to their daughter's best friend and if she is responsible, Miss Huckabee is an utterly depraved soul who deserves the harshest of punishments. If she's not responsible, a killer remains at large

• Banned User

Sad part...

This is in my hometown.

It's the scariest feeling to know that someone who lives in my town actually could do this terrible act.

this story sounds very horrifying...
    thanE

• Disneymom

The article doesn't say anything about her being sexually assaulted. Where did it say that? I hope she wasn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast