Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Celebrities and flying

I had one today.

As some of you know I'm a mileage whore and so for me to keep my status I needed to fly back east one more time so I did a mileage run today to Philadelphia. On my flight home I had none other than Tone Loc sitting in front of me!

I spent about 20 minutes helping him look for his cell phone that he dropped (we found it). His reading light was having issues and was like a disco light going on and off willy nilly throughout the flight, but he was cool and laughed every time it happend, he was a cool guy and his voice really does sound like that! The one drawback: I had "Wild Thing" stuck in my head for 6 hours! Come to think of it it's still there!!!

So what about you all, have any celebrities on flights you've taken that you've sat next to or near?

• Rally Time!

Re: Celebrities and flying

Good idea for a thread.

Greg Norman, the Shark (Austrailian golfer)
    Craig Barrett, Chairman of the Board, former CEO, of Intel Corporation

i've flown with them on flights. that's it.
    a friend of Walt.

Lucky for me I don't fly, only once.

I did see Former Gov. Grey Davis at the Chicago/ EWF concert a few weeks ago.

• Circle of Ancients

My friend is a pilot and he's flown with Angelina Jolie in his first class section. He said she is absolutely beautiful in person. Another friend of mine is a flight attendant and she met Courtney Cox...she said she was a teeny tiny thing with the smallest waist she has ever seen. My son practically bumped into Cindy Crawford, not on a flight, but in DCA. The only celebrity I 've ever met was Ronald Reagan. I shook his hand when I was in fifth grade and he was the governor of California. That tells you how old I am.

I guess I just don't fly often enough or in first class that much!

Good idea for a thread....Wild Thing!!

• All you need is LOVE

Wow O-nut thats cool Hugs hope trip was well....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

On the way to the Austin City Limits Music Festival 2 years ago Liz Phair and her band were on our flight (they were playing the next day...). Coincidently, we'd also seen them play a party the night before at the Avalon in Hollywood.
    Then on the flight back home to L.A. Cameron Crowe and his fun staff were on the same plane. I got meet him at the Four Seasons 2 hours before we arrived at the airport.
    Then we met again at the annual Carl Wilson Foundation benefit later that week....no, I'm not a stalker!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Happy 2007!

When I was a teenager, I was on a swim team and travelled nationally so we flew a lot. During that time, we met John Travolta (before he was super famous and had his own plane). He was really nice and really funny. We also went through a really scary thunderstorm with the Houston Astros. I'm not a baseball fan so I don't remember the players except Ceasar Cedeno (Basically because he was so into himself).

• That's Hawt

I met Zachary Ty Brian on a flight from LA to Heathrow ... it was really funny actually! We both had gotten up to use the bathroom .... needless to say I let him go first!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I forgot another one. This was almost 10 years ago on a Chicago-LAX flight. Not a packed plane at all and I was towards the back with literally nobody around me for rows. Who walks back from first class, plops is a$$ RIGHT behind me and sleeps? Donald Sutherland. The noises that eminated from him as he slept - holy crap! Snoring, slurping, wheezing, burbling, LORDY! Then after he woke up he went back to first.

I cant see him anymore without the sounds of him sleeping coming though in my head.

•   
    • debating what to put here

A bit more obscure, I suppose, but when I was about 7, I sat next to Henny Youngman all the way from LA to NY. He was a very kind man and told me jokes throughout most of the flight. He even gave me a printed list of "Henny Youngman's famous one-liners." Sadly, I don't still have it. Here's an example of one though, for those not familiar with the comedian.

Getting on a plane, I told the ticket lady, "Send one of my bags to New York, send one to Los Angeles, and send one to Miami." She said, "We can't do that!" I told her, "You did it last week!"
    Last edited by Motorboat Cruiser; 09-25-2005 at 11:49 AM.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't flown with any celebs, but recently a couple people I know were on the same flight as Robert Downry Jr.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I forgot another one. This was almost 10 years ago on a Chicago-LAX flight. Not a packed plane at all and I was towards the back with literally nobody around me for rows. Who walks back from first class, plops is a$$ RIGHT behind me and sleeps? Donald Sutherland. The noises that eminated from him as he slept - holy crap! Snoring, slurping, wheezing, burbling, LORDY! Then after he woke up he went back to first.

I cant see him anymore without the sounds of him sleeping coming though in my head.
    O! You slept with Donald Sutherland?!! O NO!!!!!!!!!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Functional & Decorative

Once was with a group, and Stephen Baldwin was on board. He was hitting on one of the girls in our group... she got his number & everything (don't think she ever used it). On that same flight, we went through a very severe storm... the plane was dipping and dropping suddenly for about 20 minutes solid. Bad enough that some people were panicing, crying & praying... I was a bit worried. My biggest fear: "I'm gonna die, and no one will know, because they will only mention Stephen Baldwin!"
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^ Alec maybe!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Have flown with Gene Autry ( of course he was alive then ) and the California Angels, but it was a planned trip since we were heading to Ft. Lauderdale for the Angels Cruise back in 1985.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast