• Other

16 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Tacos You Like A Lotta Lotta Mui Bueno

This thread is making me hungry... Maybe I'll hit up Jack in a Crack for dinner pre-class tonight.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post

I take it Miguels is a full service restaurant. As much as I love fast food, I like quality fool service mexican restaurants far more. A fun dining experience all the way around.
    Miguel's is a full serve/sit down restaurant. It is a family run business. They then opened up the "Jr." version, with would be classified fast food, but it is still good eats. They are only in the Inland Empire, with one sit-down restaurant somewhere in Orange County.

• Banned User

If anyone wants to share their cooking methods for tacos at home...I'd love to try it out!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That reminds me... I have a coupon for a free Funk Meister taco from Moe's!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

The best tacos that I like (im not a big fan of tacos and i'm mexican) are King Taco. They are authentic and very good. They are done just right with no frills just tacos and other items that some might like and they also have good rotistere(sorry about the spelling) chicken(which is avalible only fri thru sunday) and the good part is some are open 24 hrs which is a good thing for those who party all night and want something to eat.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Fast food wise Del Taco stomps all over Taco Smell, they have the better cheese & their meat tastes like actually meat not fauxmeat like at Taco Smell. JITB tacos are great for a hangover.

I like Rubio's(my "other" choice)for their fish tacos and their grilled poblano and portabello tacos.

I prefer my own homemade tacos over most restaurants though. I can't think of any restaurant chain that has tacos I"m a huge fan of. And I don't think I've eaten eaten tacos at Chilis, I think of Chilis more for burgers or appetizers.

The one exception would be El Adobe here in Bakersfield or La Casita in Fremont. La Casita is my all time favorite restaurant. I much prefer locally owned non-chain restaurants for mexican food.
    I agree, Del Taco meat is meatier. The cheese tastes like yummy cheddar to me. Like you, I'm crazy about fish tacos. They serve them at my local Del Taco. Haven't tried Rubio's, El Adobe (love that name) yet ..although I'll bet I'd be in for a treat! La Casita is muy awesome!

Hard to beat good ol' home made tacos.

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    This thread is making me hungry... Maybe I'll hit up Jack in a Crack for dinner pre-class tonight.
    Hope the tacos were everything they're cracked up to be. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Miguel's is a full serve/sit down restaurant. It is a family run business. They then opened up the "Jr." version, with would be classified fast food, but it is still good eats. They are only in the Inland Empire, with one sit-down restaurant somewhere in Orange County.
    I'll track that restaurant down in the future, and give 'er a try.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That reminds me... I have a coupon for a free Funk Meister taco from Moe's!
    Time's a wastin'! Don't let that taco get away!

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    The best tacos that I like (im not a big fan of tacos and i'm mexican) are King Taco. They are authentic and very good. They are done just right with no frills just tacos and other items that some might like and they also have good rotistere(sorry about the spelling) chicken(which is avalible only fri thru sunday) and the good part is some are open 24 hrs which is a good thing for those who party all night and want something to eat.
    From what I've heard, authentic mexican tacos are nothing like what we prepare and serve here in the U.S. King taco is a big chain ..so they must have good food.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-28-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    If anyone wants to share their cooking methods for tacos at home...I'd love to try it out!
    First, dice onions, chop tomatoes, shred lettuce and grate monterey jack and mild cheddar cheese. Then, I cook lean hamberger and taco bell sauce (from a supermarket). Afterward, I cook tortillas (sometimes flour, othertimes corn) ..sprinkling and melting the cheese on one side. Finally, I
    stuff each taco with the other items, fold 'em, wrap 'em in napkins, and scarf 'em down!

Somebody earlier suggested tri tip taco's. I'm going to make some, and put stir fries peppers, onions and olives in them ..along with a gourmett sauce of some kind.

• Bucket List Car

I am a big Jack in the Box taco fan! I love those tasty little morsels of greasiness. The closest one to me now is 3 1/2 hrs away. Alas, I only get to eat them like once a year. So in the meantime, I love homemade tacos. I like crunchy tacos better than soft tacos.

Side note: Arkansas, believe it or not, has a TON of Mexican restaurants!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    I am a big Jack in the Box taco fan! I love those tasty little morsels of greasiness. The closest one to me now is 3 1/2 hrs away. Alas, I only get to eat them like once a year. So in the meantime, I love homemade tacos. I like crunchy tacos better than soft tacos.

Side note: Arkansas, believe it or not, has a TON of Mexican restaurants!
    Yeah ..I'm with you. Soft tacos are terrific. Crunchy are best!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Re: Tacos You Like A Lotta Lotta Muy Bueno

"From what I've heard, authentic mexican tacos are nothing like what we prepare and serve here in the U.S. King taco is a big chain ..so they must have good food."

Yup u are correct...while here in the United states they put sour cream cheeder cheese and monterry cheese and other stuff..

authentic tacos are just marianted meat(some like Tongue, some like carne asada(the most popular), other marinanted meat that I can't translate from spanish to english (sorry) with onion and clinatrao and the most important aspect of a good authentic taco..HOT SALSA or pico de gallo as well..it could either be green or red and that's it..that is an authentic taco.And that is the best way to eat them. because IMO..all the cheeder cheese guacamula sour cream, takes away the true flavor of the taco..which is the meat and only the meat. Once you add other elements, you lose the flavor big time.
    Last edited by cositaluvsmickey; 04-29-2009 at 08:10 AM.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You ain't right, girly.
    I know. My husband reminds of that everytime we go out to eat.

BTW, his favorite taco place is Qdoba.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I know. My husband reminds of that everytime we go out to eat.

BTW, his favorite taco place is Qdoba.
    I have no idea how to pronounce Qdoba. Cool sounding name, though.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Then, I cook lean hamberger and taco bell sauce (from a supermarket). .
    Next time try it without the taco bell sauce and just season your ground beef with salt, pepper, onion, cumin, chili powder and garlic. Top them with pico de gallo, seriously easily to make on your own. Dice tomato, onio(I use white and green onions)cilantro, pepper of your choice(I like a mixture of anaheim chili & jalapeno)and lime juice.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    Next time try it without the taco bell sauce and just season your ground beef with salt, pepper, onion, cumin, chili powder and garlic. Top them with pico de gallo, seriously easily to make on your own. Dice tomato, onio(I use white and green onions)cilantro, pepper of your choice(I like a mixture of anaheim chili & jalapeno)and lime juice.
    Yum! You definitely know what you're doing with the doings in the kitchen, d-mom. That delicious sounding recepe sounds fun to put together, too.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I can't do hot spicy. I like a little bit of spice/heat but not much. I can't even do the salsa at Chipotle... too spicy for me! I like the El Guapo and Kaiser salsas at Moe's though. I miss the salsa at Don Pablo's and Rio Bravo.

When it comes to tacos, I just like cheese and lettuce on mine... and maybe a little sour cream if the mood strikes me. I don't like raw tomato.

Growing up, we used to get tacos from this local little hole in the wall place called Taco Boy. Loved them. Ole Taco was another popular local chain.

yeah... I'm weird.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast