• Mexican Food Truck

7 21.88%
  • Other

16 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• My liver hurts!

Re: Tacos You Like A Lotta Lotta Muy Bueno

I LOVE tacos from a small hole in the wall place called Sergio's Tacos.
    The Great Taco Hunt: Sergio's Tacos

Absolutely the best tacos and burritos that I have ever had. I think they are way better than King Taco!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Re: Tacos You Like A Lotta Lotta Mui Bueno

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    That sounds so good! I'm going to make some tri-tip tacos soon. I'll add bell peppers, onions, olives ..and a yummy sauce of some kind. Anyone have a suggestion?
    I buy tri-tip from Costco and freeze in in one of those food saver bags, make a foil "bag," but the frozen tri-tip in the middle and LOAD it with Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning (stuffs awesome! I've never met a person who didn't like it.) Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 3 - 6 hours depending on the size of your tri-tip. When it's done, it will fall apart. That night we have it as a roast and then the next night we heat it in a pan with a little bit of water. It's soooo good.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

My fave fast food tacos are the Tacos Del Carbon tacos at Del Taco. They are followed closely by those awesome mystery meats paste tacks from Jack in the Box
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

since we are in the subject of tacos, does any one besides myself likes jack in the box's tacos without the salsa..I acutally prefer the tacos w/out the salsa and eat it like that.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I have no idea how to pronounce Qdoba. Cool sounding name, though.
    Ka-dough-ba

It's kinda like Subway. You go in, and there's a long counter of toppings. You tell them what you want, and they make it right there in front of you.

Hubby also likes this little restaurant in our hometown. Called Maria's. Seriously, one of only 5 restaurants in town. Great place though. I get their cheese nachos. I know....I'm truly a Mexican food junkie. LOL

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I get their cheese nachos. I know....I'm truly a Mexican food junkie. LOL
    you sound like my husband, he always gets a burrito with beans, rice, cheese & sour cream at any mexican restaurant.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    since we are in the subject of tacos, does any one besides myself likes jack in the box's tacos without the salsa..I acutally prefer the tacos w/out the salsa and eat it like that.
    There salsa ian't worth Jack. I'm just like you, cositaluvsmickey. JITB tacos rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Ka-dough-ba

It's kinda like Subway. You go in, and there's a long counter of toppings. You tell them what you want, and they make it right there in front of you.

Hubby also likes this little restaurant in our hometown. Called Maria's. Seriously, one of only 5 restaurants in town. Great place though. I get their cheese nachos. I know....I'm truly a Mexican food junkie. LOL
    How fun would that be! I'd love to go to a Mexican food restaurant that fixes your taco accoring to your liking, right in front of you.

Now that I know how to pronounce Ka-dough-ba, it has a very nice ring.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom View Post
    you sound like my husband, he always gets a burrito with beans, rice, cheese & sour cream at any mexican restaurant.
    I'm sorta like your hubby. No matter what main entre this hombre has, sour cream makes it a dream.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    My fave fast food tacos are the Tacos Del Carbon tacos at Del Taco. They are followed closely by those awesome mystery meats paste tacks from Jack in the Box
    Swallow 'em whole! Carbon tacos are little, but mighty tasty. I like to order them and fish tacos at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I buy tri-tip from Costco and freeze in in one of those food saver bags, make a foil "bag," but the frozen tri-tip in the middle and LOAD it with Susie Q's Santa Maria Seasoning (stuffs awesome! I've never met a person who didn't like it.) Preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 3 - 6 hours depending on the size of your tri-tip. When it's done, it will fall apart. That night we have it as a roast and then the next night we heat it in a pan with a little bit of water. It's soooo good.
    Thanks big time, PretzelSouls! I'll definitely be trying this recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by gRuMpEe View Post
    I LOVE tacos from a small hole in the wall place called Sergio's Tacos.
    The Great Taco Hunt: Sergio's Tacos

Absolutely the best tacos and burritos that I have ever had. I think they are way better than King Taco!
    The featured tortillas loom to be made of corn. Love the shredded beef and everything about those tacos! Yum!

• I'll pencil this in later

I'm a Del Taco girl.

And there's a number of family owned small little mexican-food places I like to try out.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I can't do hot spicy. I like a little bit of spice/heat but not much. I can't even do the salsa at Chipotle... too spicy for me! I like the El Guapo and Kaiser salsas at Moe's though. I miss the salsa at Don Pablo's and Rio Bravo.

When it comes to tacos, I just like cheese and lettuce on mine... and maybe a little sour cream if the mood strikes me. I don't like raw tomato.

Growing up, we used to get tacos from this local little hole in the wall place called Taco Boy. Loved them. Ole Taco was another popular local chain.

yeah... I'm weird.
    Oft times, a basic taco is all I want too. As I've said before, sour cream makes it a dream. Ole!

btw.. Ole Taco is a festive sounding name.

• Still Dizzy

I've got two favs. One is the little market/butcher/taco place down the block from my house. Awesome authentic carne asada tacos. I have to talk myself down from getting them everyday cause they are cheap and so delicious.

Another really good one is Baja Sonora down here in Long Beach. They've actually one quite a few awards and their food is delicious!!! They do this awesome deep fried taco, kinda like jitb's but with ingredients you can actually identify all of it made fresh.

Their happy hour is awesome. 2 dollar beers and 1.25 tacos. Yummy!
    BajaSonora.com - Welcome to BajaSonora.com!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Rayangelo View Post
    I'm a Del Taco girl.

And there's a number of family owned small little mexican-food places I like to try out.
    Much of the time, the smaller more personable eateries are best. Good to hear from you on this, Ray.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    I've got two favs. One is the little market/butcher/taco place down the block from my house. Awesome authentic carne asada tacos. I have to talk myself down from getting them everyday cause they are cheap and so delicious.

Another really good one is Baja Sonora down here in Long Beach. They've actually one quite a few awards and their food is delicious!!! They do this awesome deep fried taco, kinda like jitb's but with ingredients you can actually identify all of it made fresh.

Their happy hour is awesome. 2 dollar beers and 1.25 tacos. Yummy!
    BajaSonora.com - Welcome to BajaSonora.com!
    Now that's what I call fresh authentic Mexican food! Baja Sonora is a must try! Placing it on my list of places to visit.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

How fun would that be! I'd love to go to a Mexican food restaurant that fixes your taco accoring to your liking, right in front of you.
    They do that at Moe's and Chipotle too.

I had a couple tacos from Moe's today. They were NOM.

There's a little drive-thru taco place at the end of my street called Señor Taco. Maybe I'll finally give them a try this weekend. I love Mexican food. There's local chain here called Carmalita's that isn't too bad. Don Pablo's was my favorite though. I'm still mad they all closed.

• Bucket List Car

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    I like them both ways.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast