• Minion

Why Tom Selleck Is A Class Act

Tonight the TV Land network aired their annual TV Land awards program. Among the honorees this year was Magnum PI which won the 'Hero award'.

When he accepted the award, Tom Selleck showed what a class act he is. Rather than using his speech to talk about the show or himself, he chose to talk about those he considers to be the true heroes, our military veterans. He delivered a very emotional speech which left a number of people in tears.

In opening his remarks, Selleck declared that while he was not a hero, but that he played one on TV.

Well you may not consider yourself a hero, but you are a class act Mr. Selleck.

Video link is here for now. I will imbed a video if it gets posted online.
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

• Banned User

Re: Why Tom Selleck Is A Class Act

OMG! I used to LOVE Tom Selleck in my early 20's! (We're talking the Magnum days!)

He IS a class act. I've seen him interviewed before and he seems to be a great guy.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Plus he can rock the 'stache like no other (except Burt Reynolds maybe).

My mom met him at a Detroit Tigers game back in the early 90's. He's a big Tigers fan (he grew up in Wayndotte, a Detroit suburb), so he'd come to the stadium sometimes to take batting practice with the team and he had his own uniform. But his number was the same as another player at the time, #14, Dave Bergman, who also had a mustache and my mom thought it was him wearing Tom's jersey by mistake... then saw it was really Tom Selleck and was all, "Oh! It's you!" She was in heaven because she loved him on Magnum P.I. and the movies he made in the 80's.

• Senior Minion

I had some business dealings with Tom back in the 80's, and what you say is absolutely true--he is a 100% stand-up, all around good guy.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I had some business dealings with Tom back in the 80's, and what you say is absolutely true--he is a 100% stand-up, all around good guy.
    He was the original Indiana Jones, until he had to go do Magnum PI and Harrison took over the role.