Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Titanic Survivor Millvina Dean Gets 'Rescued' By Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet

Further to this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/debate-lo...alth-care.html

Titanic Survivor Millvina Dean Gets 'Rescued' By Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet

Millvina Dean - Last Titanic Survivor Gets Help from Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet

Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet are teaming up again. But not on the big screen.

The "Titanic" stars are lending a hand to the last survivor of the real-life ship.

DiCaprio, Winslet, and the movie's director have donated $30,000 to subsidize Millvina Dean's nursing home bills.

Dean was just two months old when the Titanic sank in 1912, killing her father.

And she's had trouble paying her bills since breaking her hip 3 years ago.
    She's even sold some of her Titanic memorabilia to pay for her health care costs.

DiCaprio and Winslet say they hope Dean will be able to rest easier knowing her future is secure.
    DiCaprio and Winslet team up to lend Titanic survivor a hand | NECN

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Titanic Survivor Millvina Dean Gets 'Rescued' By Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet

That's pretty slick.
    Fight On! Beat the Irish!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Minion

Re: Titanic Survivor Millvina Dean Gets 'Rescued' By Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet

That's nice to hear.
    I want my cake back!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

aw. That's great that they would do that!

• Goofy

what a nice thing to do.

•   
    • debating what to put here

What a nice place for this thread.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

That's pretty cool. I've always liked Leonardo and Kate as actors. This just shows how cool of people they are.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Goofy

the're very casual.

• Senior Minion

Now that is something really good to do. It's nice to hear actors doing something good like this for someone, it shows how good of people they really are.
    Kudos to Leo and Kate for doing that.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Exxxxccceeellleeennt!

• Infinitized!

Millvina Dean, the last Titanic survivor passed away on Sunday:

BBC: Last Titanic survivor dies at 97

• Goofy

thats sad to hear. rip.

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Very sad. R.I.P. Millvina Dean

I read that scientists are predicting that the ship won't last past 50 years from now. Soon Titanic will only be a mere memory.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Queen of Sarcasm

This is really sad news. May she RIP.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The last Titanic survivor sails off into the sunset

The last Titanic survivor sails off into the sunset after years of anonymity

MILLVINA Dean, the youngest passenger on the Titanic and the last living link with history's most famous sunken ship, has died at a nursing home in Hampshire, England, aged 97.

Born in London, she was about eight weeks old when she and her brother Bertram, aged 23 months, set sail in third class on Titanic with their parents, Bertram snr and Georgetta.

The Deans, who had sold their London pub and planned to open a tobacco shop in Wichita, Kansas, were originally booked on another White Star liner, but a coal strike prompted a transfer to the Titanic, on its maiden voyage.

Titanic set sail from Southampton on April 10, 1912, and was south of Newfoundland's Grand Banks on the night of April 14 when it struck an iceberg.

Millvina and her mother, who had lost track of her son in the panic and chaos, were seated in lifeboat 10 and were among the first steerage passengers to escape the sinking liner.

Millvina was so tiny that she had to be lifted into the lifeboat in a postal sack. Their boat drifted in the water for several hours before they were rescued and taken aboard the Carpathia, a ship that had answered the Titanic's distress call....
    The last Titanic survivor sails off into the sunset after years of anonymity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast