• Theme Park Insider

Red Face Seeking team members: ImagiNations 2010!

Hi everyone! So I've wanted to be an Imagineer for quite a while, and I thought working at Disneyland might be a little foot in the door, so I worked there for 3 years. When I heard about the "ImagiNations" contest where you get the chance at an Imagineering internship, I was soooo bummed that cast members weren't eligible!

Well, long story short, I left the resort a few months ago to run my freelance design business, and will now be eligible for the 2010 competition! Yay! So I'd really like to begin forming a team for 2010, where the entries will most likely be due at the beginning of the year. All info about the contest is at: <http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/imaginations/> Check it out; it's pretty mind-blowing. It'll also give you an idea of the caliber needed to win this thing.

I need at least one other person, or up to three more people. I'm searching both on MiceChat and through my school, the Art Institute, and I want a variety of people with unique skills and talents and ideas. Here's a bit about me and what I'm looking for:

ABOUT ME: I'm a Media Arts & Animation major who specializes in character designs and 2D animation. I do a lot of illustration for family-friendly websites and children's books, as well as my own animation projects and logos. (Send me a PM if you want a link to my website) I worked at Disneyland for 3 years as a Photographer, a Y.E.S. facilitator, Innoventions "Dream Home" member, and my favorite, an "Animation Academy" artist, so I have a unique combination of performing and speaking skills as well as talent in accurately drawing Disney characters. I have a great imagination and tons of ideas for stories and concepts, plus the insider knowledge and skills to put them into artwork!

I'M LOOKING FOR: People who looove Disney with a passion. Who have dreams and visions of what they'd want to see in the Parks, and the intelligence to plan them out and think through all the pros and cons. People who have excellent speaking and presentation skills. Who are easy to work with in a team and don't demand the spotlight. Primarily, I'm looking for people with talents who will supplement mine, or who are skilled in areas that I am not. These may be: Architecture, Landscape and Exterior Rendering, Interior Design, Engineering, Public Relations, Marketing, IT, Technical/Mathematical, 3D Animation, Business...and any other skills you think would contribute to Imagineering!

If you think you fit those things and want to discuss possibly partnering up to design an awesome attraction, be sure to let me know. I'll admit that I'll probably be pretty picky, so really sell yourself! I'm looking forward to some networking and meeting some fun new people to discuss Disney ideas! Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Seeking team members: ImagiNations 2010!

Ooh! Micechat has tons of those types but I'll send in my application anyway.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mouseketeer

Re: Seeking team members: ImagiNations 2010!

I too am seeking a partner for ImagiNations, but I'm pretty sure you have to attend the same school. Any Arizona State University students out there?

I'm a mechanical engineering major who can draw a bit. I have a lot of ideas, but would love to come up with some new ones with a partner. PM me!