• Nestle Pure Life

1 5.88%
  • Other

4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: Most Refreshing, Thirst Quenching Bottled Water / Purified Vs. Spring Water

I drink tap at home. I have a filter that I use, and just drink from the filtered water.
    But if I buy water, it is Disani or Aquafina
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Both of those are simply filtered tap water - bottled and filtered at the regional bottling plant.

Water labeled 'spring water' must actually be bottled from a spring source to be labeled as such and is regulated by the FDA

http://www.bottledwater.org/public/b...gulations.html

This is why you find most 'spring' water to be a regional product. It's just darn expensive to ship water around the country.. compared to Soda which are usually Nationwide products because you don't ship the product as a finished product.. it's produced locally in bottling plants from concentrated syrup.

I find the bottled water here in Norway extremely satisfying and thirst quenching.

Back home I normally drink the flavored varients... the ones I call 'cancer water'.. because they have no calories, etc.. so they must be bad for you.

And the flavored brands vary a lot in taste. I only drink the Nestle ones. For regular water... Polar or Deer Park are usually quenching. Dansai is just tap water and I don't seek it out.
    I hope that all of the purified water companies filter their product as opposed to bottling water straight out of the tap. I even have concerns about unregnizable brands that claim their product is spring water. I only buy recognizable brands, whether they be national or local.

Haven't tried a Norway brand yet. Interesting how quite a few companies from other countries are marketing their water here now. I've tried Nestle, and it is quite refreshing...goes down cold!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I think Running Springs may have used spring water... I know in the near the future Lake Arrowhead (the city) is changing the way they process their drinking water...

One company, it maybe Dansani, gets their water from Ontario or Colton... I find that funny because it's so close to Norco, which has a HORRIBLE reputation for its water.
    Based on what you have said here knittingknerd, I plan to keep swigging down good ol' Arrowhead. I love the taste!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    I drink tap at home. I have a filter that I use, and just drink from the filtered water.
    But if I buy water, it is Disani or Aquafina
    Filtered water at home is probably the best. It's more cost effective, plus you have source and quality assurance.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12