• Nestle Pure Life

1 5.88%
  • Other

4 23.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Most Refreshing, Thirst Quenching Bottled Water / Purified Vs. Spring Water

Seems like there are numerous bottled water brands out there. Tell me what your favorite(s) is.

a poll will soon be up.

I would also be interested i9n knowing if you have a preference between spring water and purified. I prefer spring water. If the bottle brand is labled "purified," I always fear that the company is simply selling tap water. Do you have a preference? If so, why?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Re: Most Refreshing, Thirst Quenching Bottled Water / Purified Vs. Spring Water

I like Dansani a lot. I like tap water in Running Springs. Arrowhead (the water company) used to fill up their trucks down the street from us, from the tap, so I always felt like I was cheating the system. Now though... as long as the water is cold, I'm good.

What's weird is that, for the first time in my life, I'm noticing a difference in water tastes! Maybe it's the fact that it's sold at Disneyland, but I've been recently partial to Dasani ever since i discovered this newfound sense of taste.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    I like Dansani a lot. I like tap water in Running Springs. Arrowhead (the water company) used to fill up their trucks down the street from us, from the tap, so I always felt like I was cheating the system. Now though... as long as the water is cold, I'm good.
    Wow! Arrowhead lists a spring water source on their bottles. I'm surprised that they can get away with blatantly lying. Guess you can't trust any of the bottled water companies. I do love icy cold water from a bottle, though.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    What's weird is that, for the first time in my life, I'm noticing a difference in water tastes! Maybe it's the fact that it's sold at Disneyland, but I've been recently partial to Dasani ever since i discovered this newfound sense of taste.
    I've noticed a difference in taste as well. Some companies are refreshingly sweet, while others just taste blah.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Dasani and Aquafina are all I'll drink. Everything else is swill.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

My tap water at home is fine! No need for bottled water where I live. I fill bottles of water and bring them to work.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    My tap water at home is fine! No need for bottled water where I live. I fill bottles of water and bring them to work.
    I would be better off doing the same thing. Our city still uses wells.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

I usually can't drink plain water...makes me gag. I have to add those little drink mix packets. But, I can tolerate Aquafina if it's REALLY cold. Can't drink much at one time, though. Gets icky.

Fiji is the only water I can drink whether it's cold, room temp or whatever. It has absolutely NO taste. LOVE that stuff.....but, it's SO expensive.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Dasani is bottled by Coca Cola, and it tasres pretty good.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I usually can't drink plain water...makes me gag. I have to add those little drink mix packets. But, I can tolerate Aquafina if it's REALLY cold. Can't drink much at one time, though. Gets icky.

Fiji is the only water I can drink whether it's cold, room temp or whatever. It has absolutely NO taste. LOVE that stuff.....but, it's SO expensive.
    Fiji is my favorite foreign water. like you say, it costs an arm and a leg.

• Banned User

I've been thinking about this thread and realized that I really can't tell a difference in bottled water. ha! Maybe I should do a taste test with a few. It's interesting to think about it.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I've been thinking about this thread and realized that I really can't tell a difference in bottled water. ha! Maybe I should do a taste test with a few. It's interesting to think about it.
    That it is.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Wow! Arrowhead lists a spring water source on their bottles. I'm surprised that they can get away with blatantly lying. Guess you can't trust any of the bottled water companies. I do love icy cold water from a bottle, though.
    I think Running Springs may have used spring water... I know in the near the future Lake Arrowhead (the city) is changing the way they process their drinking water...

One company, it maybe Dansani, gets their water from Ontario or Colton... I find that funny because it's so close to Norco, which has a HORRIBLE reputation for its water.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Dasani is bottled by Coca Cola, and it tasres pretty good.
    Both of those are simply filtered tap water - bottled and filtered at the regional bottling plant.

Water labeled 'spring water' must actually be bottled from a spring source to be labeled as such and is regulated by the FDA

http://www.bottledwater.org/public/b...gulations.html

This is why you find most 'spring' water to be a regional product. It's just darn expensive to ship water around the country.. compared to Soda which are usually Nationwide products because you don't ship the product as a finished product.. it's produced locally in bottling plants from concentrated syrup.

I find the bottled water here in Norway extremely satisfying and thirst quenching.

Back home I normally drink the flavored varients... the ones I call 'cancer water'.. because they have no calories, etc.. so they must be bad for you.

And the flavored brands vary a lot in taste. I only drink the Nestle ones. For regular water... Polar or Deer Park are usually quenching. Dansai is just tap water and I don't seek it out.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast