• That Guy

Waiting in Line 101- A Refresher Course

Okay, so today while in line at Starbucks waiting for my liquid gold, some tool behind be says, "Are you in line?" (except that he was a *****, probably from Scottsdale). Now, to paint you a picture, I am 6'3 and not at risk for anorexia any time soon. I am three feet from the register, standing behind the OTHER four people in line in front of me. The guy looked totally put off that I told him I was, in fact in line.

I'm not sure why I still get perplexed by this, but I can't stand self-important people who feel their time is more valuable then others. In addition to this, you wouldn't believe how often people cut in front of me in line. I mean, I could see if I were the size of the olsen twins, but geesh.....

Do you guys ever slowly go insane while having to deal with weirdos in line?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Waiting in Line 101- A Refresher Course

To me it is embarassing honestly.

A few days ago I was in line waiting to patiently so I could ask someone to point me in the directions of books, I wanted to see if they had Disney War, but as I was in line, 2 people just cut infront of me as if I were not in line. I then just decided to walk around and find another employee to ask.

• Smells like beer

Yet another reason why I am not a coffee drinker.
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• That Guy

Hmm, perhaps I should quit drinking beverages all together? Maybe I can be like Howard Hughes and just chill in the crib 24/7? Does anyone have a bunch of those big glass jars they can give me?

• That Guy

I just think that in general, we're all in it together, so just chill and play nice, but I don't think everyone shares my view on that.

• The Unknown Princess

I ask people if they are in line if they are standing around the end of the line but off to the side or if they are facing away from the register. At least he asked instead of assuming.

While at a video store, I was standing in line in the middle of both registers (they had no set up for a line) when this lady walked in and stood to the side. There were already 4 other people in back of me waiting between the registers. When the cashier called out "I can help the next person in line", she started walking to the register. My friend and I walked faster (damn I never knew my short legs could move so fast) and then she told the cashier "they cut in front of me" when she had just walked in and stood at the side. She demanded to talk to the manager for the "crappy" (she used another word describing it) treatment from the employees and the other customers (we were not rude, we did not call names). When the next register opened she stood right in front of it and even though there were others that were in line from when she walked in (everyone was waiting from before she walked in) and demanded the manager come out to talk to her therefore she stopped everyone else's use of that register because she felt she was wronged.

As we are regular customers there, we asked the next day how did it turned out because we were so irritated by the display that I had to leave before my mouth got the better of me. I found out she was trying to return something that she had no reciept for and that was eventually kicked out of the store for being rude and obnoxious and was told that if she didn't leave the police would be called for trespassing.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Queen of Randomness

I am the exactly the size of a Olsen twin. I get pushed into, stepped on, cut infront of, run into, elbowed, hit, just overall treated as invisible. For awhile I thought that it was just the people but then I said something to people I was with one time and they said they don't have that problem. I'll be tolerant of it until it happens to much in one day and then I'll start throwing some comments out there because I would like to be treated with some sort of respect even if I don't take up that much space.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• The Candidate

To install independence, I will often have my kids take care of little things themselves, like asking for Ketchup at a fast food place. They will wait patiently and politely on line as I watch from a short distance away. Not only will people try to cut in front of them, but the people at the counter will often let them. That is when I pounce.

• Hooterville, USA

One day at the Golden Horseshoe, I waited in line patiently. 3 women walked up to the counter, ignoring the line, and one of the ladies even asked me if I was in line. I said 'yes" and they proceeded to the front and ordered. So being a man and the fact that they were ladies, I chose to keep my mouth shut. I just thought that after I was asked if i was in line, they would feel bad about cutting in front. They didn't, and I was in a lose lose position. That's about the only time I've kept my big mouth shut!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Bear Country Refugee

One of the things that always gets me is when you have just ordered something to-go at a fast food place; you are standing away from a well defined line to order with a full cup and one of those little squares of plastic with your to-go order number on it, waiting for your food; and someone comes over to you and asks “are you in line”.

I must confess, there have been a couple of times that I answered “yes”.
    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington