Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Playtester

Re: The "My Child is Weirder Than Your Child" thread

Brandon (he turns 5 in 2 months) has to read the back of every Disney movie that his brother knocks off the shelf before he puts them away. He also will only ride Space mountain and Star Tours- he hate pirates, the materhorn and Thunder mountain railroad because they are too fast. He also likes to play VMK for hours, along with Roller Coaster Tycoon. He has built some pretty cool rides. He's managed flaming rides too.

Bryan who is 2, has to always have the recliner couch open, the disney tapes on the floor, and one kitchen chair knocked over. If you clean the house, he goes right back and does it again. He also meows and crawls around after the cat. When we are at Disneyland he always goes up to castmemebers and tries to get them to pick him up. And he always has to have his trash end up in a garbage can. Sometimes he will get in a mood, and whenever he walks somewhere, he will stop, squat, and turn his head back and forth, then get up and repeat.

They both call the couch recliner a slingshot.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

stinkerbell - if you throw in some Prince bump and grind music, count me in! I could actually make it to Washington without having to drive a full day!

Slingshot, that's a new one - here's hoping they don't try and shoot themselves out of the chair!

When my son was one, I gave him some water in a sippy cup and he disappeared into another room. All of a sudden I hear him chatting away and I go around the corner and he is sitting on the bottom step of the stairs talking to the Winnie the Pooh on his sippy cup.
    Later he developed an imaginary friend named "Invisible". He would tell us what Invisible looked like, and an enitre backround of why Invisible had to live with us. Apparently his parents had died in a car accident? This creeped us out cause he was only 3. Then more and more imaginary friends showed up....the girl who liked spiders....football boy....and the girl who liked spiders friend. They all promptly just left one day when he was 4.
    My daughter is 2 and can say every word in every movie she has ever seen. She knows every word to TNBC,Toy Story,Pooh,and Shrek2. She sings all the songs also.
    When she takes her shoes and socks off, she immediatly looks for fuzz between her toes every time.
    She calls popsicles- supermans, and Tinkerbell- tickleball.She is always coming up with strange words for everday objects I know she can say.
    She also sees things that are not there, people and animals.
    She thinks she can hold every baby that comes on the TV, and actually tries to get them to come to her by saying "come mere baby, come mere!" in her highest pitch voice.

• The Unknown Princess

Quote Originally Posted by Justlittleoldme
    They both call the couch recliner a slingshot.
    I think they got this from Toy Story when Andy puts Woody on the recliner foot part and shoots him up.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Man O Lantern

When Courtney was 18 months old, she called 911--TWICE.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Churro
    My daughter is 2 and can say every word in every movie she has ever seen. She sings all the songs also.
    Our 6 year old does that too, and has been since about the age of 2. It's pretty amazing most of the time and can be sort of annoying too! Last time we went out to eat, she ordered, "3 combos extra bacon on the side, a chili cheese sampler, a basket of liver and onion rings, a catch of the day and a steak cut in the shape of a trout. Got all that honey?" The waitress laughed a bit, but I could tell she was a little unnerved by this!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Oh, the stories I could tell if only my memory was working correctly right now.

I do remember my then 4 year old getting up in the middle of eating lunch, walking over to her Dad and saying, very sincerely, "Dad, I think I'm losing my powers." then sitting back down to continue eating. This was around the same time that she stopped changing her name every week. When she left her last daycare, the name of the week was "Belle" so when we went back to visit 6 months later, she walked in and all the kids yelled out, "Belle!" She hasn't done that in years, except last week she decided her name is Kelly. For the record, it's Autumn, and since she can't spell Kelly, she's been writing her name KAutumn.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Re: The "My Child is Wierder Than Your Child" thread

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    I before "e" except after "c"............unless the word is weird

We will have to post that on the Spelling thread.....lol
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Circle of Ancients

Where to begin:

My daughter was about 5. We were eating chicken for dinner. She looks up and says "This looks like a chicken". We reply, "Yes dear, it's a chicken". "A REAL CHICKEN" she exclaims. "Yes dear, a REAL chicken".

She stops eating.

Fast forward 2 years, sitting in a chinese buffet restaurant. My now 7 year old daughter with chops sticks shoved in two chicken wings ... making them dance the "Chicken Dance" all the way to her mouth.

I guess she got over it.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Daughterdisneyfer and I went into the bank one day...pre-ATM days...and as she sat upon the counter while I filled out a deposit slip, she sang in a not-so-bank-friendly voice: "JIMMY CRACK CORN, AND I DON'T CARE! JIMMY CRACK CORN, AND I DON'T CARE! JIMMY CRACK CORN, AND I DON'T CAAAAAARE!!!!

She had been watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure you see.....
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    Why do I have the feeling you're calling me a brilliant cross-eyed ukulele strumming parselmouth Darth Vader stripper?

OMG this is a post for the books

Shawn, is defintely a weirdo
    He meows out of the blue
    At times, when I ask him a question he barks the answer
    He's been able to burp on demand since he was 2, and they are LOUD
    He insists on calling Disguy Mrs. Aaron
    He used to have his own language and called my brother and sister in law "duba and suba" and then decided my cousins were "2 duba and 2 suba"
    I know there's a ton more but I'm drawing a blank

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

We had to call Cassidy "Marta" from the Sound of Music all one summer when she was two. If we called her Cassidy, she got mad and yelled, "I'm MARTA!!!"

You're saying....there's no Marta on The Sound of Music. Trust me, there is. I think she's the second youngest kid. I think they say her name like ONCE in the movie....and that was all it took. She was Marta.

After that she was the name of our babysitter's husband.....first and last name. Never just the first name and again with the yelling at us.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Kat's new thing is "All Things Supernatural"...she's possessed!

Her favorite show is Ghost Hunters! She plans her week around it. She found my husbands hand held voice recorder and now carries it around hoping to pick up EVP's. She's been up and down the halls of the hotel, asking questions like...

"What's your name?" "Did you die a horrid death?" "Were you murdered?"
    "Can you see a light?"

She been surfing the Ghost Hunters websites...listening to the recorded EVP's they have on there...watching the videos they've posted.

Now she wants Ghost Hunters t-shirts for her birthday.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

OMG..those are so funny.

This morning,Bug was standing holding onto the coffee table (I know,I know. He's NEVER going to walk I swear it!) when he fell and knocked his noggin on the edge. Ow.He was screaming and I picked him up. I asked him if it hurt and he just shook his head. So I said "Oh so it DOESN"T hurt?" and he shook his head again. Strange kid,that one.

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Circle of Ancients

My son is always saying and doing things that surprise me (and not always a good surprise). The day before the homecoming game he came home from practice wearing a homemade crown and griining from ear to ear. He said "Mom, check out this pimping crown one of the cheerleading whores made me." (He meant that in a good way) I was like "What did you just say?" and he informed me that kids talk that way these days. I was like "Not the kids who want to live in my house." I told my husband what he had said and my husband said "Yeah, I told him he can't call the cheerleaders whores no matter how racey they dress or how much they talk about sex."

This probably sounds bad in writing , but there's something about the way this was all said and the expressions on my son's and hubby's faces that made it really hard not to laugh the entire time even though we were both serious about our message to him.
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 10-09-2005 at 10:08 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast