Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

Re: Coheteboy Does San Diego Comic-Con 40

Brad, Coheteboy we'll see you guys there next year.

Coheteboy.. you got so CLOSE that you have photos of Patton Oswalt's pimple.

LOVE your PHOTOS! its pretty cool seeing the same Comic Con stuff through different eyes. also great to see some of the things we missed. we're sad we missed the singing pirates and the Miyazaki-Lasseter panel. CLONING would a great way to see it all... although TIME Travel might work if someone could figure it out.

for anyone interested, here's our photo galleries
    San Diego Comic-Con International - FindingMickey.com
    the creepy wonderland flowers and a tron video here...
    Vlog - FindingMickey.com
    Last edited by findingmickey; 08-07-2009 at 12:37 AM.
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Those are fantastic photos, Findingmickey! You captured a lot of great disney moments and folks who dressed up. I think that might be a pretty good preview of what we may see at the Expo!

So, I kinda forget where I left off and I'm pretty much done. Brand was kind enough to hook me up with the Art of Masters of the Universe book, and for that I am forever grateful.

A few other things, now this is actual swag:

It's a "how to teach a dragon" poster given out at the Chris Sanders booth for FREE. And it's on heavy paper stock too!

I also bought this ewok on day 1 and practically forgot about it.

I guess that's it? I mean... there's SO MUCH i missed this year it's not even funny. Oh wait... there's more... I just remembered. I need some more time.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Okay I'm back with what's most likely the last of my report...

Here's something that money cannot buy:

Glen Keane sketch of the beast. This was right after the panel led by Don Hahn. Eric Goldberg disappeared as did Don Hahn but good ol Glen Keane stayed and talked to every one who stuck around. He drew pictures, took photos, and was just the nicest guy. He asked everyone I think if they were studying animation, etc so definitely a big part of him wants to help guide those who need advice.

One guy asked him to draw Aladdin for him and haha, he definitely haven't been practicing Aladdin as much. He wasn't quite satisfied with his drawing so he told everyone not to ask for Aladdin anymore. haha. Fine with me because as much as I like Aladdin, the Beast was just insane to watch.

This is definitely a very different Glen Keane than one I met almost a decade ago. That Glen Keane was still very nice and approachable, but gave no drawings. Only signed a name, which i still have somewhere.

Anyhoo, moving on. I was so jealous of Kuzkochik's ability to remember to pick up a Torch Tiger book. I had completely forgot. Last year, a bunch of disney artists put together a book called "what is rocket johnson?" Each artist took that question and illustrated their own short story however they liked. It sold out. I didn't even get one.

This year, the theme was "What is torch tiger?" Off they went and created another book for comic-con that sold for $20. I forgot to get one.

But still... Well... I got one somehow.

And yah, it's pretty great. So many talented artists worked on this. You got John Musker, Andreas Deja, Aaron Blaise, Byron Howard, Mike Gabriel... on and on and on.

So... not sure what next year's theme is but definitely keep that in mind!

AND THAT'S my comic-con report. I had a great time but every year is so different and unique in its own way. I felt that this was certainly the most crowded it's ever been, and therefore I done the absolute least. In fact, after friday's disney panel, I never bothered to open up my schedule again. I just said "forget it" and wanted to enjoy the convention floor and all that IT had to offer, and enjoy the people that were there.

The great thing about comic-con and fortunate for me for some odd reason is that I never plan it. Everyone will just be there.

You get out of comic-con as much as you put in. So if you stand in line for hours and hours, you will get something pretty special if you're willing to wait it out. I look forward to next year's!

THE END

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

Thanks for the awesome report Coheteboy! Looking forward to next year's!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314