• TicToc's better half

Box Tops 4 Education

I just wanted to encourage all of you to support the Box Tops 4 Education program. I know that all of you have seen them on different food products and maybe you're wondering about those little rectangles. Basically they are worth 10 cents a piece. That money goes to the school. It can be used for anything. The Box Tops program has also expanded to involve a credit card (which a full 1% of purchases goes to your school) and online shopping at over 200 stores (the school receives 8% of the qualifying purchase).

This is a nation wide program. Just find a school in your area that is in the program, and start cutting them off the boxes. Schools can earn $20,000 a year for each of the three programs ($60,000 in all).

There is also a program involving Campbell Soup labels. I am not as knowledgeable about that one. I do know that quite a few schools participate in that one, too.

I hope that I have inspired you to cut out those Box Tops, and to support a school in a way that does not require that much time.

Thanks for your support!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Box Tops 4 Education

It's a great program!
    Both my boys won treats every month last year for bringing in so many
    I have my parents collect them too, then the boys get all the glory

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I spent about 10 years as the chair person for Campbells soup labels when I was at an elementary school. Its a lot of work, but every little bit helps!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• TicToc's better half

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    It's a great program!
    Both my boys won treats every month last year for bringing in so many
    I have my parents collect them too, then the boys get all the glory
    I'm one of the coordinators. Any suggestions for prizes? We always do K-3, and 4-6 seperately. We haven't done it for a year, and I couldn't stand all that easy money going by the wayside. Can't be anything too pricey.

Thanks!

• All you need is LOVE

Fig 7 thanks for being a teacher Hugs
    Last edited by Crazy Legs; 10-04-2005 at 10:32 PM.

• All you need is LOVE

I will save them mail them to you Fig 7

• Just Me

The Boy cut a Box Top off of his Gogurt package this morning. Now I just need to find all that I have stashed and send them to school with him in the morning.

• All you need is LOVE

Here is the info
    for Campbell's soup
    http://www.labelsforeducation.com/default.aspx

• Man O Lantern

I don't love the Campbell's program.....you have to save a LOT of labels and then shop in their catalog. The Boxtops program is awesome because it's just straight up cash for the school.

Our current school didn't collect them for two years. I sent $43 worth of boxtops to a rural school last year and $77 worth to our old school the year before. This from someone who does 80-90 percent of her shopping at Trader Joe's! I only buy General Mills stuff when it goes on super sale and I only buy it to get the boxtops.

This year I'm co-coordinating our school's Boxtops program, and I'd considered starting a thread about it!

We're doing quarterly prizes, to encourage people to send theirs in. The local bookstore donated a $25 gift card to the top earner each time, and we're getting pizzas at cost from a local pizza place for a pizza party for the top class. The second top earning class is getting a popsicle party from the other mom and me.....it's costing us about $15, no biggie. So the PTA is putting out the money for the pizzas, which won't be much, I think it'll be $20 at most--we're getting sixteen slice pizzas for $5 apiece! Parents are kicking in the plates and drinks.

This week at Albertsons, you can buy hundreds of General Mills products (which all have the Boxtops coupon on them) for 10 for $10, plus if you have an Albertson's card, you get $3 off 10. So for 70 cents apiece you can get boxes of Nature's Valley granola bars, Fruit-rollups, and all the Betty Crocker mixes. I'm stocking up!!! I'll probably buy at least 50 items!!! It's all good stuff for school lunches, team snacks for all their sports, etc.

Ten cents from each item I buy goes to the school.....I love it!!

• most magical vaca ever

My kids school has been collecting both for a few years now.... It's a really great program and it is so easy to do. I wish more parents would take the time to simply cut a piece off a box or can!!!
    ~~~~~~

• Best Buds

We've been doing the Box Tops 4 Education for several years now. Easy to do and very much worth it. Thanks for passing on the word.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Love Box Tops...it's like a game! Of course the hard part is to remember to cut the things off before you throw away the boxes!

I was saving all summer...then when the kids and I were in Texas, hubby decided he would do some "cleaning"..thought they were "trash" (yeah right!) and threw away my stash! I WAS LIVID!!!

He was ticked that I even packed up the ones I had saved so far in Arizona. AND I'm even saving here in the hotel room!

The hard part is splitting them up between the kids. Last year it was a classroom competition. Most 'tops' got a class pizza party!
    I could have put either class over the top for the win...but I had to split them....Oh well..it all goes to same good cause!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Box tops is a great program - Mrs. NemoZorro teaches and I've now gotten to the point where I double check our trash before emptying it! Oh, the guilt of missing one.....
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!