Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Great stuff!!!! Can't wait to see more.

• She was sweet as a peach

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

I know that any trip report by you is going to be a lot of fun to read!
    Can't wait for the rest!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great report as always!!! KC you are one of the best!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Great TR! Loved all the cool toys.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yay a Disney Faries bag

More more more pics!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a_shy_kid View Post
    love the trip report so far.
    it was nice meeting you, even though it was awkward.
    i didn't even really introduce myself sorry!
    hahaha.
    Oh my gosh, that was you! I was going to mention that I had met another micechatter but didn't catch their name. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Woo Hoo! I patienly await the obscure Freakazoid reference that only you and I will get. LOL.
    Just wait, dude, there is an amazing one when I get to Sunday

Okay, on to Friday.
    Friday was my Kim Possible cosplay day (I mention this only b/c I don't want you to be surprised when you see the pics later in costume )
    We had planned to try to get to the panel for The Guild in the morning, but when we finally made it to the line it was crazy busy. So it was yet another sad, panel fail. Instead we hit up the hall and waited in line at the DC booth for superhero buttons
    Kuzcochik loves Nightwing (even though he's not really Nightwing anymore... I digress)

Catwoman was the character that first got me into Batman and comics and such

Hey look booth babes! And Ghostbusters ones at that

Blurry Leonard Nimoy

Then it was time to head for Hall H again. The line was much shorter this time, but still super long

Rufus loves Pringles

Darkwing Chuck loves Capri Sun

I love looking like I'm not bored and taking pictures of myself (note to self: turtle neck sucks when you're stuck in a hot none moving line)

Still bored and waiting. I read my new "What is Tiger Torch?" book while Darking Chuck read a different book

Who's that in line behind us? Well the guy in orange w/ his back to us is Floyd Norman & and the other guy in the fancy hat talking to him was Bruce Smith (supervising animator for Dr. Facilier in Princess and the Frog). We didn't get to talk to them, but I thought it was cool that they waited in line w/ us norms

Finally, part way into the panel, we made it into the fabeled Hall H. We had missed the scenes they showed for Toy Story 1 & 2 and had just come in when Lasseter was introducing Lee Unkrich, the director of Toy Story 3. He talked about the daunting task of making the new TS movie. How the crew had gone on a retreat and watched the first two films and basically said "holy cow, we'll never make anything that good again." He hinted that the plot was what everyone's guess (Andy grows up and the toys are dealing with the aftermath of that).

He also told us that Ken (as in Barbie & Ken) would be making his debut in the film and that he would be voiced my Micheal Keaton. They then showed a clip of an interview w/ Ken which was absolutely hilarious.

Next up was Beauty and the Beast in 3D. Now let me preface by saying, I'm not a big fan of 3D actually and I think all of this is a fad that'll be over soon. However, they showed the entire "Belle"/opening sequence of the film and I actually got chills! The 3D looks great and it's not flat like I would have assumed.

Next up was "Prep & Landing" which I had no knowledge of what so ever. Turns out, Pixar/Disney will have a new animated short this christmas for ABC about christmas elves that get everything ready before Santa arrives at a house. The clip included two elf (almost) secret agents, running around a house and dealing with dogs, sleeping children & oversized x-mas trees. It was super cute and I can't wait to see the whole thing

Finally we got to the part of the presentation I was most excited fro: Princess and the Frog!
    Lasseter introduced John Clemens and Ron Musker and they told us a bit about the film (nothing new except that it's a full blown musical)

They then said they'd be showing 8 minutes of footage (two scenes):

The first scene was basically the villains song for the movie. I don't think there's been a good showstopping villain number since Hunchback of Notre Dame (though Home on the Range had a good one but I know no one counts that movie for anything). The scene they showed: Holy cow man! Cliched as it sounds, I was on the edge of my seat & my jaw was on the ground. The music was fantastic, Keith David has an amazing scary sultry voice (and he's Goliath!!). The animation was stunning and fluid and crazy and just gah! I can't wait for this freaking movie!

The second scene was later in the film after Tiana has been turned into a frog and she and Naveen are trying to find Mama Odie w/ the help of Louis (the alligator). They end up meeting Ray the firefly who wasn't as annoying as I thought he would be. This scene was more cute and comedic.

The next part of the panel was also pretty exciting. Hayo Miyazaki made his stateside debut to the applause and standing ovation of the crowd

Lasseter talked to him about his creative process (apparently he doens't have one... like he just sits down, writes and that's it :P)

Lasseter and Miyazaki were both awarded Ink Pot awards from Comic Con for acheivment in animation

They showed a clip from Ponyo which looks like another crazy Miyazaki film. I mean, most of his films looks weird out of context and then you see them as one big piece of cinema and they're amazing! I mean the whole clip was a tidal wave of fish hitting a coast while a little girl like fish thing runs on top of them and they chase after a car that's trying to drive home. Weird, but entertaining and beautiful and I can't wait to see it

After the clip, they brought up Patton Oswalt to moderate a Q & A. One of the best parts was when he talked to Kirk Wise about Beauty and the Beast and asked him what the coolest scene in 3D would be. When he answered the ballroom scene, Patton told him he was wrong and that it'd be the Gaston scene b/c you'd feel like you were in a bar brawl. He also compared Gaston to Norman Bates since they both collect animals.

The Q & A that followed was rather ridiculous and the questions were pretty terrible. I know Miyazaki was a big deal, but I wish they had focused on some of the other films a bit more. I thought one little anime girl was going to cry or faint when she got up to the mike (I can now do a spot on impression of her question w/ little exaggeration but that doesn't translate well into a TR)

Miyazaki had one great answer when asked why he always had female protagonists. he said "Because women are strong and beautiful". This caused all the girls to cheer (and I wish someone had turned the question of Lasseter as to why Pixar never has female main protagonists)

After that, the panel was over and I'm still super glad I got to go to it. Seeing B+tB made me excited for the re-release in a way I was not before. Seeing P+tF assured me that I have every right to be super excited for that film. And all the other stuff was just great added bonus. Well done Disney

That's more text than I usually put in a TR, but it's hard to sum up in pics what we saw... plus I was so enthralled with it all that I didn't take many pics. If you guys have any questions about stuff we saw, feel free to ask

More to Come Soon:

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Wow. Looks like you had a great time! I can't wait to see everything else!

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Woo Hoo! I patienly await the obscure Freakazoid reference that only you and I will get. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Just wait, dude, there is an amazing one when I get to Sunday
    Noted!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Gah! My post got eaten
    Let's retry it.
    After the Animation Panel, we headed back into the convention center to eat lunch. On the way in though, we ran into Ariel

Ariel & the Joker was funnier than it should have been

Giselle was there too... Hooray for Disney Red Heads

We camped out against an empty wall and ate lunch. I was there alone for a bit and a woman came up to me saying she remembered me from last year. Turns out she was Steven Silver's Wife (the guy who did the character design for KP). She was super sweet and told me how she was the original basis for Kim and was just really really nice and it was so cool she remembered me. I have a Silver approved KP costume *fist pump*

Also in the hallway were Hoops & Yoyo from Hallmark (those guys crack me up)

This was probably my favorite cosplay of the whole convention: Bob's Big Boy Jedi!!

One of the best Superman we saw all Con (when little kids took pics with them he kept lifting them up in amazing feats of strength

Penguin, Adam West tv series version!

Indy & his Dad... and a grail!

Down on the floor we found my friend Tracy who was cosplaying as Benny from the "Looking for Group" webcomic. This is one of the weirdest crossovers ever

Really cool anime looking Rouge statue (want!)

Only at comic con: DAHW! Spock & Indy love each other and are hugging it out (I laughed about this far more than I should have)

Buffy watches over the DC Rouges Gallery as they sneak up on the unsuspecting DC heroes (Flash & Creeper yay!

The thoughtful Captain

Captain Possible w/ First Mate Rufus

What strange beings these Con creatures be.. (these communicators were really cool, they flipped open and beeped and stuff)

"What's the Sitch, Wade?"

As we were getting ready to leave, we hit up a couple more booths. The first had a ton of really cool and rare animations cells that were far out of my price range, but fun to look at.
    The second one had John Musker! He was just standing looking through a book and we came up to him (after Darkwing Chuck spazzed a little and I figured out who he was) and awkwardly introduced ourselves. We said we were big fans (he said he should of known b/c of my red hair like Ariel or something) and we talked about how exciting we were for Princess and the Frog and how amazing the clips were.

Ignore my geeky smile

We left the convention center and headed out to meet Dan & Alex at Spagetti Factory for Dinner. Then we went down to the Balboa Theater to catch a stand up show featuring Brian Poeshn & Doug Benson. We mostly went b/c we knew there would be other geeky comedians there.
    One such comedian was Chris Hardwick (from G4's Attack of the Show & Web Soup)

Then it was Brian Poeshn

The other big special guest was Patton Oswalt

Who I love

Because he's too freaking hilarious

Finally was Doug Benson who I tolerate and who was high as a freaking kite

After the show we went back to the hotel and then met my friend Kat over at the Hyatt. We went to the bar of the top (40th) floor and hung out for a while. The view was fantastic!
    Here's one terrible pic to prove we were there :P

More To Come Soon:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Haha awesome that you caught John! I saw him again tonight at the Miyazaki event but FORGOT MY MAKING OF ALADDIN BOOK. :::slaps forehead::: (ron was there too, and eric goldberg... making it even more idiotic to forget such a thing)

I saw Brian Poeshn in the convention floor but haha... i just didn't get the urge to snap a picture. Sadly, that happened a lot last week.

Hyatt was where I drank on Thursday night.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post

We camped out against an empty wall and ate lunch. I was there alone for a bit and a woman came up to me saying she remembered me from last year. Turns out she was Steven Silver's Wife (the guy who did the character design for KP). She was super sweet and told me how she was the original basis for Kim and was just really really nice and it was so cool she remembered me. I have a Silver approved KP costume *fist pump*
    Sweet! Silver is really cool. I met him up at Emerald City Comicon a few months ago. He did a neat piece for the Monster and Dames charity art book. he added a nice Disney touch to the convention.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Kuzcochik, sorry for not commenting on your TR sooner! But wow. What a fantastically cool experience. And this is despite getting off to a bad start because of all the Twilighters camping out and preventing you guys from getting to the first Disney panel.

I love your John Musker encounter. You have the same goofy smile in your photo with him like your Maul fangirl photo from an earlier DL trip report. And Darkwing Chuck must have been uber-excited to have his picture taken with the Ghostbuster booth babes. Haha!

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

•   
    • My liver hurts!

I can't wait for the rest. Thanks for sharing all your pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• With The Brain Of A Bird

What a fantastic moment your encounter with Mrs. Silver must have been. If Ron Stoppable was there I'm sure he would've given you a high five and a loud "BOOYA!"
    Thanks for the trip report. I always enjoy hearing of your adventures.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast