Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• "Always On The Move..."

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Love your TR. (AND you make a GREAT Kim Possible!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Directly directed

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Fantastic report!!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

So on to Saturday. Saturday was my Giselle day.
    The boys had planned on attending the LOST panel, but once again we all got up way to late, so they had to skip it
    So instead Darkwing Chuck and I hit the floor again to get new D23 buttons.
    While there we visited the booth for "FlashForward". It's a new series from ABC and it's about... well it's kind of complicated. Basically everyone in the world blacks out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds and in that time, they get a vision of their future. So at the booth, they asked you to step inside these recoding studio things and tell them what you saw during the blackout (you make something up)
    Mine was something dumb about not being dressed as a princess and hanging out at Disneyland riding rides (I couldn't think fast enough)
    Darkwing Chuck said he was at a sidewalk cafe in Burbank eating a peanut butter and Jelly sandwich and getting ready to meet me at Disneyland (we didn't plan it which was spooky)
    When he walked out, the lady that had been in the video we saw came out of a little office and took Darkwing Chuck in w/ her! Apparently she asked him for more detail and gave him a shirt.
    Then some guy came up and asked to interview him... as we walked over to the side I yelled "what did you do?!". The guy interviewed him about what had happened and gave us buttons.
    The whole thing was totally surreal!

We went upstairs and headed for the Quick Draw panel.
    And ran into Willie from Temple of Doom

We got to the Quick Draw panel and met up w/ Dan & Alex.
    Quick Draw's always a ton of fun b/c they get three artists and have them draw random things quickly.

the panel consisted of Sergio Aragones

Scott Shaw

and Disney Legend, Floyd Norman

They were asked to draw things like the cartoon character that best represents them. Sergio drew his character Groo

Floyd drew Mickey Mouse

Or they were given a prompt and in Pictionary style told to draw it so someone in the audience could guess what it was. One of the prompts was to just draw anything

Scott drew this

Sergio drew this

And they were asked to draw an experience with the person who hired them. Scott told a tale of meeting Joe Barbara and having him randomly sing and dance around a room

Floyd talked about seeing Walt for the first time and being petrified!

Scott was asked to draw The Hulk in his new job as Govenor of Alaska (we laughed too hard about this one)

Floyd was asked how the Hulk would react if he was President of GM

Then they had three other artists come up and they were told to draw the top half of a character that the first artists couldn't see

Sorry, but names have totally escaped me

This guy was Stan Sakai (creator of Usagi Yojimbo)

Some of the final hybrid products

The only one that actually worked.... and it was a caricature of Sergio :P

Another prompt was the worst day of Donal Duck's life
    Uncle Scrooge went Bankrupt b/c of the economy

And Daisy left him for Goofy :P

And yet another one was uses for Scott Shaw's hawaiian shirts. We were the first ones to get this one almost instantly (the rest of the audience had to be clued in). Floyd wanted to give them to John Lasseter, a conasuir of fine Hawaiian shirts :P

The panel ended and we moved up closer for the next one (I think we sat like two rows behind Jim Hill of Jim Hill media)
    It was time for Cartoon Voices I (one of my favorite panels)
    The panel consists of a bunch of voice actors talking about the characters they do and being in the business and the cool people they've met and how much fun they have and making me want to be one of them. They also end up doing a cold read of a script (this year was Superman again) and having to use various voices to complete it

This is Chuck McCann who was there last year and is a treat to watch. He's done the voices on Ducktales (the Beagle boys & Duckworth), Fantastic 4 (Ben Grimm/The Thing), Powerpuff Girls (the ameoba boys), and a ton more. We found out this time that he's the voice of The Dreamfinder in the old Journey into Imagination. He told a hilarious story of doing the voice and having a guy behind him freak out b/c he worked on the ride and was on vacation and thought the voice was following him

There was also Vanessa Marshall who's on The Spectacular Spiderman (Mary Jane), The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (Erwin), and she's done a ton of video games.

Next was James Arnold Taylor who is on Clone Wars (Obi Wan), Johnny Test (Johnny Test), TMNT (leonardo) and (again) many others. Weirdest was to find out he was and watch him do the voice of Fred Flinstone (he's the current Fred)

After him was another Disney name: Bill Farmer. For those under a rock, Bill's the current voice of Goofy and has been since the 70's. He also does a really good Daffy Duck (he did it in an epi of Robot Chicken). The saddest part was the few times he mentioned Wayne Allwine... it's still fresh

Next up was Laraine Newman (who in none voice acting work is an SNL alumn). She's been on Metalocalypse, Danny Phantom, As Told By Ginger, Fairly Odd Parents, etc. Funniest was she couldn't remember what she'd been in so she actually looked up some of her credits on IMDB during the panel

Last but not least (though he was a last minute addition to the panel) was Fred Tatasciore. He's in The Secret Saturdays, Wolverine & the X-men (The Beast), Emperor's New School (Pacha... I forgive him for this b/c he's a cool guy), Enchanted (the Troll), and a ton more (seriously IMDB these people their lists of credits are crazy. He also told us he's the voice you hear in Space Mountain that gives you the countdown (he also says he liked to tell said voice to shut up and stop copying him when he's on the ride)

After the panel, we went outside and ate lunch.

Dan and Alex are super confused as to why I'd ever want to take their picture

Giselle loves lunchable nachos

We got up to leave and randomly ran into another Disney animation legend: Eric Goldberg!!

I'll leave you with that for now... Lots of cosplay pics coming up.

More to Come Soon:

• Disappearing/Reappearing

aw! Your outfits are adorable! You make a great Giselle and Kim!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Dreamfinder! How cool!

I love your Comic Con trip reports!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

All right, as promised, here's some more cosplayers
    Downstairs we ran into a cute Disney group

And Giselle was attacked by heartless! Oh noes!

We ran into the Arizona Ghostbusters (Darkwing Chuck wants to be one of them... maybe next year)

Not afraid of any ghosts (I'll stop correcting their grammar :P)

We also saw a Joker with a sense of decorm... I mean if he really wanted to be taken seriously, wouldn't he have been blowing up the ATM and taking all the money? (he was also hanging w/ Jack Sparrow which was equally weird)

Continuing down the hall we found a large gaggle of (mostly) men going crazy taking pictures of something. It turns out the "sexy" Disney princesses were out in force.
    The girls have great costumes and they look beautiful really, but the crowd that surrounded them was kind of creepy. Like tons of adult males drooling and freaking out. I stood back while Darkwing Chuck took pics of them.

I can't really make too many comments as the pictures speak for themselves

I ventured in to try to find DC and the girls saw me. Suddenly they're yelling "Giselle" and pulled me up to join them for a bit. I tried to hide over to the side, but they pulled me over to the middle. It was a little intimidating (as I wasn't really part of the group and felt as if I had too much clothing on comparitvely)

I also look like 10 yrs old compared to all of them :P

Some random guy, who probably would have rather been standing by sexy Cindy

This pic wasn't taken by me, but it shows just how nutty the crowd was that formed around these girls!

The princesses even had a handler who ushered them off after a little bit after I got up there. The whole thing was so surreal!!

I hurried back over to Darkwing Chuck and we ran into Captain Eo! (girl to the left is a great photobomb)

We also saw Coheteboy & IzzyinWonderland. DC showed them the pics and they tried to hunt down the princesses (apparently to no avail)
    I got sick of holding Pip so he hung out in the backpack for a while

Giselle loves Spongebob

At the Lego booth, three little girls ran up to me and started telling me how they had the doll of me (giselle). It was super cute! We saw them again later and the smallest one ran up and hugged me. I nearly died of teh cute
    We also saw Gambit

And the boys struck an epic/confused pose w/ Buzz

ZOMG Predator attack. (Dan's really freaked out!)

Iron Man suits at the Marvel booth (they also gave out really cool Stark Industries cards)

The master himself, Joss Whedon, doing a signing over at Dark Horse

A really cool Buffy cover in the style of TV Guide

Dan got a pickle hat.... don't ask I really have no idea

Over at Hallmark, Hoops and Yoyo were out again (btw: Hallmark has some great Nightmare Before Christmas and Muppets stuff for the holidays )

At EFXCollectables we found Kermit

and Rizzo

And the really cool Snow White Queen Heart Box Replica

And the Nautalus Replica!

Hello Cheetarah!

Pimped out Storm Trooper helmet (to satisfy the rebels within the empire)

Admiral Ackbar Cereal: Now with Brine Shrimp!! (It's a custom mighty mugg and it was too freaking funny!!)

More Princesses should get lightsabers. I'm serious! That thing was so cool and it matched my dress

We stopped by Chris Sanders booth because we heard he was actually going to be there today. And lo, we found the man himself. He looked at me and said "You look like that girl from that movie!" to which I replied "Thank you?" Here he is signing the print I bought

We asked if we could take a picture with him and he was happy to oblige. When Chuck went to take the pic the camera was still zoomed in, so we backed up:

Then we took a normal one

Then we took a super close up

He did the same thing w/ Chuck. Far away:

Regular:

And Super Close Up

The man was just far too cool

On our way out of the convention center we found girl Han Solo

And there was scandal of Cobra Commander/Giselle

We also saw a guy we're pretty sure was dead (instead of alerting anyone, we took his picture)

And another really bizarre crossover, Planteers & Watchmen... together at last (at least Dr. M had pants on)

Outside some guys were yelling from the top of a bus for unknown reasons

We also randomly ran into Kat & Robbie again. Here are the guys being themselves

And being epic

And the girls being cute

Walking back to the hotel: Here's Kansas City Barbeque as seen in the epic masterpiece Top Gun

I really don't know what I'm doing here (I may very well have been dancing around)

This is my palm tree... no one messes w/ my palm tree

Also no idea why I'm just standing on a ledge

We ate dinner at the hotel. Apparently Dan was being an idiot as always... hence this face (Alex was distracted by the tv)

We got in the elevator to head back up to the room and the boys (being the brilliant minds they are) started dancing around. We got up one whole floor and the elevator stopped!
    Like a complete dead stop between floors! I was ready to kill the others.

We called the front desk and were forced to wait until they could get it working again. We started waving at some guys on the floor above us and they took pictures of us.

See the murderous rage in my face! Morons!!!

The guys we were waving at got in the elevator next to us and shouted "why are you dressed for prom" at me! Then we started moving and ended up on the same floor as the guys. The elevator guy told us the earthquake indicator thing had gone off and they we shouldn't horse around. I rolled my eyes for the millionth time.
    The guys we had been talking too made us come by their room real quick and told their friends they had saved out lives :P they also got my email so they could send us the pics they'd taken

We got back to the room and totally crashed. We were suppose to meet Kat & Robbie, but Kat got sick and I got lazy so we stayed in and watched the South Park movie

Almost done... just some stuff from Sunday to go.
    More to Come Soon:

• Disappearing/Reappearing

oh my gosh!!!! I want that Evil Queen box!!!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

It like an awesome day!! Thanks for the report!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Your report is so much fun! Love it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Waiting Since 1992

OK, so I'll put it out there(and I am sure SOMEBODY will want to kill me for saying this).... but I can't decide which is more disturbing...adult men drooling and oogling Sexy Disney Princesses or "Sexy" Disney Princesses in general. I dunno...I suppose I'm "supposed" to think otherwise (that guys are just guys, and cosplay in sexy outfits is just that, cosplay. No harm no foul) BUT the oversexed-ness of the Con is why I won't be going again in the future. Did it USE to be this sex-crazed? Hmm....deep thoughts and slightly OT. Sorry, but I felt compelled to say something.

And actually, KC, I'm glad you weren't one of the sexy princesses! You make a sweet Giselle. "You go girl", lol

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

That sexy Belle is GORGEOUS!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• She was sweet as a peach

I am so jealous that you got to see Bill Farmer!! I am a huge fan of his "Goofy" work.
    I have a four year old and we hear his voice many times a day!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Funny report! Love it!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Nela25

This is the "COOLEST" thing I have ever seen!! Stripe rocks!!

• Nela25

BTW, Rufus eating pringles is GENIUS!!

The Princess Sluts...WHAT? SO WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS!! Loved the picture of Chuck with the Ghostbuster Girls!!

My friend, you make the BEST Giselle and Kim Possible!! Can't wait for Halloween!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast