Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

All right, on to the second to last update: Sunday.
    Sunday is often a day of rest, but not when there's Con going on! It's true though that Sunday is typically a little more laid back. Many people leave early, there are less cosplayers and it's often a good day to get some last minute deals.

Or if you're like us, you go to some of the smaller panels. I had originally wanted to go to the panel that BOOM! was presenting for their line of Muppet comics, but we got up late and had to deal w/ hotel issues (long dumb story).
    Instead the first panel we hit up was the Cartoon Voices 2 panel (Just like Cartoon Voices 1 from Saturday, but with different voice actors). When we got into the room, they were finishing up a panel on the Spectacular Spider-man Cartoon and we quickly saw Greg Weisman (the creator of Gargoyles)

When their panel ended, we hurried up to the front and got 4th row center... not too bad. We waited for a bit and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone. I immediatly freaked out because I recognized him as Jess Harnell (one of my favorite voice actors). He wasn't suppose to be ther for the panel, but lo, he walked up on stage and joined everyone else. Cue Elated Kuzcochik! (I immediatly texted my brother and made him come over there)

Jess, for those who don't know, has done a ton of cartoon voices. For us Disney fans, he's the voice of Brer Rabbit in Splash (along with like 50 other brers), Roger Rabbit in Cartoon Spin and Marlin in the Nemo Subs & The Seas (he's also done a ton of random voices in PIXAR movies including the Seagulls in Nemo & one of the guys from Shady Oaks that tries to take Carl away in Up). I love him because he was Wakko in Animaniacs. He's also been on The Tick, Darkwing Duck, Drawn Together, Transformers (the crappy Bay ones) and scads of others.
    He told a great story about how William Shatner is his neighbor and thinks he's Gene Simmons.

To his right on the panel was Gregg Berger. Greg's been in Garfield & Friends, Men in Black the Series, Duckman, Aaahh! Real Monsters, GI Joe & Transfomers to name a few

Then there was Tom Kane. If you own a television, chances are you hear Tom's voice at least once a day. He was the voice over in the trailers for Wall*E & Up. Cartoon wise, he was in Kim Possible (Monkey Fist), Power Puff Girls (Professor Utonium & HIM), Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends (Mr. Herriman), Clone Wars (Yoda), Wolverine & the X-men (Magneto) along with a myriad of others.
    He told us about an early job where he was sitting between Corey Burton & Jim Cummings. Corey started talking to himself as two different characters and was doing such a great job, Tom was convinced he'd never be that good. Jim leaned over to him and said "I swear he's overlapping." Apparently Corey was so good he was impressing other great VAs

Next to him was Susan Silo. She's done voices for Biker Mice From Mars, El Tigre, Darkwing Duck, & The Tick. She also did a really great Eartha Kitt impersonation later on.
    She told a story about sitting in a session with Frank Welker. After they were done, she told him he was really good and should considering doing voices as a living (not aware that's what he did). Apparently he played along and told her he'd look into it

Finally there was Greg Cipes. What to say about this kid? I think he got hit in the head one too many times. My favorite was when he thought Hannah Barbara was one persons name not two and got all kinds of confused when the other panelists tried to explain it to him. He also confused Star Trek and Star Wars. The other panelists picked on him relentlessly (especially Jess) and he seemed so out of it he didn't even know.
    In animation credits, he's Beast Boy on Teen Titans he was also in The Wild, Ben 10 & Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! And that's about it... if anything he proved to me that if that little surfer dude can do it (ie be a voice actor) why the hell can't I

Just like with the day before, the panalists were asked to do a cold reading of a Superman radio script. He's Tom flying as Superman

The panel ended and everyone rushed the stage to try to get the panelist's autographs. We took a more subtle approach and walked over toward the stairs that they had to come down.
    There we got to meet Jess, who is a really awesome dude, was cool about waiting while my camera freaked and who (I'm pretty sure) thought my name was Shelly :P
    I've now met 2/3rds of the Warner Siblings!!! I just need to find me some Tress MacNeil

Outside we also got to meet Tom Kane. I had brought my Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends jacket with me b/c I knew the creators were there and I was going to try to have them sign it. I figured since Tom was a voice I'd have him do it too. He even talked like Mr. Herriman as he signed

I seriously love voice actors because they are the nicest people ever

After going downstairs, we finally made it to The Guild booth for one of their signings. And Chuck to meet Felicia Day (he was still upset from last year when I met her w/out him)

She said she liked my hair (can't imagine why)(it also had us laughing later when we were listening to "Dr. Horrible" later) She also had really cool shoes

We didn't have anything better to do for a bit so we braved the line for the Paramount booth. We probably waited 20 minutes
    Being led to the booth

They had green booth babes and we had to get a pic since we had waited so long in line

Apparently I got the red shirt memo

We headed toward the back of the convention center b/c we had seen on Twitter that Nathan Fillion was doing a signing at the Brown Coats booth.
    On the way we ran into one of the more random cosplays. I actually yelled the characters name outloud because I was excited and not thinking. He then got excited about my shirt.

All I said was I wanted some Apple Jacks! (For those of you none Freakazoids, that's Candle Jack)

We ended up getting back to Nathan Fillion but his line was closed, so all we got to do was stare momentarily at his hunky goodness

A few random shots
    Lantern Rings over at the DC Booth

Wonder Woman replicas

Check out Batman's Pa pa pa pa Poker Face... that was terrible. I deserve a punch in the face for that.

Hunky Wolverine (Everytime we walked by this I thought it was actually Hugh Jackman or a very very very good cosplayer)

We found a spot at the Gentle Giants booth and munched on leftover sourdough from Disneyland

Darkwing Chuck caugh *gasp* eating!!

Our final stop was the Galaxy Girl booth. Remember how I said when I met Tom Kane I had the jacket because I wanted the creators to sign it. Well at the Galazy Girl booth were Lauren Faust & Craig McCracken, the creators of Foster's! (Craig is also the creator of the Powerpuff girls: The more you know).
    Anyway, we'd been trying to find them all day and then on our final trip to their booth, there they were. I asked them if they'd sign my jacket and they were happy to. Lauren commented that it was one of her favorites and asked me how I got Tom Kane's signature. Then told me about the other VA's that might be there.
    They were super nice and I tried not to sound like a gushing idiot (cause that's what I do when I meet people )

After that we decided it was time to leave but not before we ran into a cosplayer we'd seen Thursday and needed a pic of. I'm pretty sure she was suppose to be Rufio from Hook (and if she wasn't I don't want to know otherwise). Bangerang indeed!

With that last shot we bid Comic Con 2009 farewell. We got our stuff from the hotel , got some food and then headed out on the long road to AZ.

But wait... we've got all this junk in the backseat... guess we gotta sort that stuff out too

Swag pics and final Con thoughts coming soon:

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    After that we decided it was time to leave but not before we ran into a cosplayer we'd seen Thursday and needed a pic of. I'm pretty sure she was suppose to be Rufio from Hook (and if she wasn't I don't want to know otherwise). Bangerang indeed!

When I saw this pic I yelled out RUFIOOOOO! then i read your comment! So I def. saw it too.

Can't wait to see your loot!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Shablagoo!

We headed toward the back of the convention center b/c we had seen on Twitter that Nathan Fillion was doing a signing at the Brown Coats booth.
    On the way we ran into one of the more random cosplays. I actually yelled the characters name outloud because I was excited and not thinking. He then got excited about my shirt.

All I said was I wanted some Apple Jacks! (For those of you none Freakazoids, that's Candle Jack)

And the Freakazoid quota for this Comic-con trip report has been satisified and more! WOO HOO!

Holey Smokes. I just saw that He had the rope with him. LOL AWESOME!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    And the Freakazoid quota for this Comic-con trip report has been satisified and more! WOO HOO!

Holey Smokes. I just saw that He had the rope with him. LOL AWESOME!
    Dude! I told you it was pretty epic!

• Shablagoo!

Dude! I told you it was pretty epic!
    Yep and you definitely came through.

You should have presented the Sunday portion in "Scream-o-Vision".

And the obscure reference was nice.

• E T1CK3T

This has been a fun visit to Comic-Con! I'm jealous you got to meet the voice of Roger Rabbit.... he's one of my all-time favorite Disney characters! And you got to meet the guy from Castle!!! I loved that show, one of the few actual drama TV shows I actually watched this past season. I would have liked to meet him too.... although I don't really think he's "hunky" hahahaha

• Disappearing/Reappearing

GREAT trip report!!!! Looks like you had an amazing time! Thanks for sharing!!

• we jumped out a window

- Ariel from the Princess entourage is quite well known in the online Star Wars fan community as she's the premier Slave Leia costume wearer.

- Voice actors indeed are the nicest people! I'll have a segment on it in my TR but I went to the Clone Wars voice actor panel with Tom Kane, James Arnold Taylor and Dee Bradley Baker. Soooo entertaining and hilarious!!! I also met Mr. Taylor later at the Official Pix signing tables. Mr. Kane told us the same story about Corey Burton and Jim Cummings as well.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    - Ariel from the Princess entourage is quite well known in the online Star Wars fan community as she's the premier Slave Leia costume wearer.
    AAAhhhhh, is she now? Glad you can recognize her hehe. Must see her alot. :oD jk jk

I couldn't resist.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Haha, kuzco, your TR totally reminds me of my very first comic-con. All I did was go to the Disney panels and also all the voice actor panels. That's where I met Jess Harnell for the first time and several times since then.

I haven't gone to one of those lately and always regret not going. Glad you did so I could see what I missed out on!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    Yep and you definitely came through.

You should have presented the Sunday portion in "Scream-o-Vision".

And the obscure reference was nice.
    That's a great idea, but I might be saving Scream/Relax-o-Vision for a trip in October to the Spookiest place on Earth *Foreshadowing*

MWHA HA HA HA HA!!

SCREAM!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    This has been a fun visit to Comic-Con! I'm jealous you got to meet the voice of Roger Rabbit.... he's one of my all-time favorite Disney characters! And you got to meet the guy from Castle!!! I loved that show, one of the few actual drama TV shows I actually watched this past season. I would have liked to meet him too.... although I don't really think he's "hunky" hahahaha
    Well Jess, isn't the original voice of Roger, he's just the voice in the ride at Disneyland.
    And we didn't actually get to meet Nathan Fillion, we just kind of got to admire him from afar. I think he's hunky in a weird way... like not my type from a physical perspective but he's hilarious and smarmy (two traits I love). Sorry, a little OT :P

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post

- Voice actors indeed are the nicest people! I'll have a segment on it in my TR but I went to the Clone Wars voice actor panel with Tom Kane, James Arnold Taylor and Dee Bradley Baker. Soooo entertaining and hilarious!!! I also met Mr. Taylor later at the Official Pix signing tables. Mr. Kane told us the same story about Corey Burton and Jim Cummings as well.
    Yup, she is indeed the infamous Slave Leia Christy.

I got to meet Dee Bradley Baker last year and he's also a great guy. He can make SFXs that a human being should not be able to make, it's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Haha, kuzco, your TR totally reminds me of my very first comic-con. All I did was go to the Disney panels and also all the voice actor panels. That's where I met Jess Harnell for the first time and several times since then.

I haven't gone to one of those lately and always regret not going. Glad you did so I could see what I missed out on!
    I love Voice Actors in general (I'm the dork that sits there and guesses them in movies/shows and then watches all the credits just to make sure) and that panel was the only one I got to my first time at Con. That's when I got to meet Rob Paulsen (my VA hero) and I was kind of hooked from there.
    The panels are always a great deal of fun and like I said, the people involved are always fantastic!

• we jumped out a window

Admiral Ackbar Cereal: Now with Brine Shrimp!! (It's a custom mighty mugg and it was too freaking funny!!)

More to Come Soon:
    Awesome! Robot Chicken Star Wars Mighty Muggs!

"Your tongue cannot repel flavors of this magnitude!"

I meant to go back to that Empire Muggs Back display to take photos but got sidetracked numerous times and eventually forgot to! Such is life at the SDCC, I guess.

I got to meet Dee Bradley Baker last year and he's also a great guy. He can make SFXs that a human being should not be able to make, it's crazy.
    Again, I should really get cracking on my write-up for the Clone Wars voice actor panel. He demonstrated some of those effects for us and says he practices them while driving.

I love Voice Actors in general (I'm the dork that sits there and guesses them in movies/shows and then watches all the credits just to make sure) and that panel was the only one I got to my first time at Con. That's when I got to meet Rob Paulsen (my VA hero) and I was kind of hooked from there.
    The panels are always a great deal of fun and like I said, the people involved are always fantastic!
    And I thought I was the only one that will look feverishly through the credits! Especially for Warner animation where Andrea Romano makes superb casting choices.

But can you top this? The main reason I go on Haunted Mansion Holiday is to listen to the legendary Corey Burton as the Ghost Host. (I'm not into NBX very much)

• E T1CK3T

Well Jess, isn't the original voice of Roger, he's just the voice in the ride at Disneyland.
    And we didn't actually get to meet Nathan Fillion, we just kind of got to admire him from afar. I think he's hunky in a weird way... like not my type from a physical perspective but he's hilarious and smarmy (two traits I love). Sorry, a little OT :P
    OOOOHHHHHH the voice of Roger in the ride.... oh. Hahaha my fault :oD I think the voice in the ride is pretty accurate though lol.
    Nathan Fillion IS hilarious.... was he in other shows other than Castle? That's the only show I know him from.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    Nathan Fillion IS hilarious.... was he in other shows other than Castle? That's the only show I know him from.
    Serenity / Firefly for starters.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Serenity / Firefly for starters.
    One Life to Live - Joey Buchanon for starters.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast