Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Makes sense that they had one. The Hatter you met at last year's Con (I'm sure you know exactly who I'm talking about) had to play handler with them last year because they were getting so swarmed
    Yeah, I remember seeing/reading about that last year. It's seriously crazy and it makes them seem almost official. I don't envy them at all for what they had to go through (then again they wouldn't have dressed like that if they didn't want the attention... says the attention wh*re in the pink dress )

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The belle looks different from last year.
    We actually were talking about this day of and I'm like 98% sure it's a different girl.
    Oh and w/ regards to Victor: I'm a terrible collector and I do open my toys. I may have to take you up on him

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    I saw some of those women there last year! I guess they are regulars at the Con ... and that crowd of creepy guys taking pics is a regular thing as well because the same thing happened when I saw them. Here's the only pic I got of them last year.

I do think it was kinda funny that you caught their eye and they sort of dragged you into their princess line up. Your TR has been VERY entertaining!
    Last year was the first year they did it and they only had the four. They added more to the group this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    ah. Thanks! I didn't recognize Red Sonja or Catwoman from those pictures. I used to collect Catwoman comics, but haven't read one in years. She looks totally different than she used to.
    Melonballer's right about the other two. The third one you asked about was just some random sketchbook I picked up from Mandy Napper (it's not any specific character). It has a lot of really beautiful watercolor work.
    As I said earlier, Catwoman's one of my favs cause she's really what got me into reading comics.

I realized in this whole thing I never really explained why my TR was presented by Stan Lee's Time Jumper (not that I know if anyone's actually interested). Well the story goes that on Thursday, Dan & Alex went to the Stan Lee's Time Jumper panel just to kill sometime. Apparently the whole thing was ridiculous and very Stan Lee and they started making fun of it from there. Basically it turned into the weird announcer voice from South Park (think of the episode where they keep making up Rob Schnider movies and they're like "Rob Schnider is... a carrot") used as product placement for Time Jumper and to talk up Stan Lee.
    Example: "Stan Lee's Time Jumper brought to you by District 9: What's better than fighting Aliens? Watching Aliens fought by Stan Lee"
    Or "Stan Lee's Time Jumper brought to you by The Yuma Cabana: At the Yuma Yuma Ca-Stan Lee!"

Yeah, that was all probably way funnier to us

Oh! And one other thing that I got that I didn't have at the time of taking pictures was the "What is Tiger Torch?" book. It's one of the cooler things I got. Basically a bunch of artists (a lot of who work for Disney) were given the prompt "What is Tiger Torch?" and they had to build a short story/comic around the idea. It's really entertaining (pic below is not mine)

• 1 man can make a difernce

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

How and why does no one have pix of Pure Pwnage?!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gino USMC View Post
    How and why does no one have pix of Pure Pwnage?!
    Ummm... I have no idea what that means

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Melonballer's right about the other two.
    Bolding italics mine.

The third one you asked about was just some random sketchbook I picked up from Mandy Napper (it's not any specific character). It has a lot of really beautiful watercolor work.
    To the INTERNET!

Mandy Napper

She has some terrific art. Reminds me of Chris Sanders a little with the more rounded/curvy bodies.

As I said earlier, Catwoman's one of my favs cause she's really what got me into reading comics.
    And Adam Hughes drew her so well. Here is a link to the full picture that that shot is from.

http://rondomingue.com/wp-content/up...4/dc_babes.jpg

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Oh! And one other thing that I got that I didn't have at the time of taking pictures was the "What is Tiger Torch?" book. It's one of the cooler things I got. Basically a bunch of artists (a lot of who work for Disney) were given the prompt "What is Tiger Torch?" and they had to build a short story/comic around the idea. It's really entertaining (pic below is not mine)

HOLY F! I'm such an idiot. I was totally looking for that but somewhere during the weekend, it just decided to not enter my conscious mind. I'm such a stupid head. I wanted that book so bad.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 1 man can make a difernce

Ummm... I have no idea what that means
    Its an internet show, and they had a booth there.
    www.purepwnage.com

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

HOLY F! I'm such an idiot. I was totally looking for that but somewhere during the weekend, it just decided to not enter my conscious mind. I'm such a stupid head. I wanted that book so bad.
    In that case, I won't mention how it's one of the coolest books I got all weekend (well I only got two so that's not saying much, but you get my point). We got it on preview night cause I was sure I'd do the same as you and totally forget about it if I didn't

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

lol... we saw the same group of disney "princesses"
    Maybe Sleeping Beauty was trying to find a way to cool off?
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• mountains beyond mtns.

I didn't get the Torch Tiger book because I don't enjoy comics at all.

Or else I forgot to.

or all of the above

or none of the above.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Originally Posted by SeaWolf38
    This has been a fun visit to Comic-Con! I'm jealous you got to meet the voice of Roger Rabbit.... he's one of my all-time favorite Disney characters!
    Charles Fleischer is the voice of Roger in the movie. His grandfather ran the legendary Fleischer Cartoon Studios back in the day.

Serenity / Firefly for starters.
    He was also on the final season of Buffy as the creepy preacher, Caleb.

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

love the photos KZ! your galleries make us feel like we weren't even there... so much stuff that we missed! its impossible to see everything... especially with little kids.

see you out there next year!
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Cherry Tart

A few quick comments about the princess group - yup, the Belle and Cinderella are different from last year. Cindy simply had other cosplay plans for Saturday so they got a new girl, and Belle from last year did Tinkerbell this year, so they got a new girl for Belle.

And the "host" this year was Snow's husband. Incredibly sweet guy. All the girls appreciated his help so much.

Btw, I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out more! I actually wished we could have gotten photos together in our Giselle costumes. XD Even if they were on seperate days. We coulda made it work somehow!!

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    A few quick comments about the princess group - yup, the Belle and Cinderella are different from last year. Cindy simply had other cosplay plans for Saturday so they got a new girl, and Belle from last year did Tinkerbell this year, so they got a new girl for Belle.

And the "host" this year was Snow's husband. Incredibly sweet guy. All the girls appreciated his help so much.

Btw, I'm sorry we didn't get to hang out more! I actually wished we could have gotten photos together in our Giselle costumes. XD Even if they were on seperate days. We coulda made it work somehow!!
    Lol, I figured you'd have better insight into the ways of the Princesses. Darkwing Chuck was sure it was a different Belle this year but I wasn't so I'll have to let him know he was right (as much as that'll kill me )

And I'm honestly thought we'd see each other more this year (I'm pretty sure we managed to run into each other every day last year). And I'm sad I didn't even get to see your Giselle dress (I saw your Edward for like two seconds but we were going opposite directions). It would have been cool to get twin Giselle pics (you know if not for that whole wearing them on opposite days thing.) We could have at least got non-twin Kim/Giselle & Giselle/Alice pics.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

In that case, I won't mention how it's one of the coolest books I got all weekend (well I only got two so that's not saying much, but you get my point). We got it on preview night cause I was sure I'd do the same as you and totally forget about it if I didn't

Okay you can tell me now because I was able to find myself a copy way after the fact. See my thread for pics!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456