Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Well technically this TR is in no way supported by Stan Lee, but it was kind of an in joke for the week and I felt the need to share it w/ people who had nothing to do with it... also I suck at naming TR's :P

As you can guess, here's my photos of comic con. There will be pics that are similar to those you've seen in other reports and probably some stuff you didn't see, but that's the joy of SDCC TR's, you'll get to see all kinds of things from Con (and be super jealous of not paying attention and not getting into the Flynn's Arcade stuff or the Alice exhibit but I digress)

On the to the photos:

Our trip actually started at Disneyland on Tuesday (but b/c it's most just pics of shows and stuff I'll probably post that one later). Wednesday morning, Darkwing Chuck and I drove from Anaheim to San Diego and checked into our hotel around 3pm.
    We were staying at the Embassy Suites less than a mile from the convention center and it was pretty swanky.

At 3:30 we decided to brave the crowd for preview night and get our badges. Check-in was a breeze and took us less than 10 minutes. We left the center (as the exhibit hall hadn't opened yet) and went at got late lunch/early dinner at the Golden Panda in Horton Plaza.
    After food we headed back to the convention center and got into the building. The place was pretty darn nuts. Our first stop was Acme Archives to get the Limited Edition Princess and the Frog Print (a late bday present from Darkwing Chuck to me. I got #19 of 50)

My brother managed to meet up with us and he and Darkwing Chuck got in line to buy LOST bobble heads (I'll have pics of all the random crap we bought/we're given/found toward the end of the report just FYI if you're interested)
    I set out on my own which was kind of intimidating with so many people out and about. I managed to snag the only ginormous WB I got all weekend and a lot of other random stuff. I also stopped by D23 to get my free print. It's super cool and has almost all the Disney robots on it & a certificate of authenticity. And I saw Felicia Day for like two seconds (more on her later).
    Meeting back up w/ the boys, we wandered for a bit and ended up at the NFR booth where J. Scott Campbell was selling stuff. His line took a ridiculously long amount of time for reasons I still do not understand.
    Oh right, there are suppose to be pictures in this report!
    Here's my brother... waiting in line and being ridiculous

Darkwing Chuck and I... waiting in line and being bored

I think the problem was J. fell asleep

Finally we got our stuff and took off back for the hotel.
    Dan was uninterested in me taking pictures of him

While I messed with the blue contacts I had bought for one of my costumes

And Darkwing Chuck worked hard at the computer (note how messy everything was... and this was only day 1)

The next morning was Thursday, the first day of the Con and the day of the Disney 3D panel. We didn't wake up as early as we should have and made it down to get in line around 9:30/10. The thing was insane. It snaked around near the building then went all the way back to the marina where it went around about 3 more times.

The lovely waterfront view

The whole thing was utterly ridiculous and very upsetting. As the Twilight panel was right after the Disney one, at least 1/2 the line was there for it instead of the D one. I know as a geel I have no right to make fun of other geeks, but Twilighters drive me nuts! This is us... being angry w/ them

We waited a good hour or two before the line started moving

And after all the strife and waiting... this is about as far as we made it. We never did get into the panel which was a major dissapointment and a great way to start the Con.

Dejected, we headed back into the Exhibit Hall and met up w/ my brother and his friend Alex. Near the NFR booth, we caught the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend (the guy was the best Monarch I've ever seen... mostly cause he had the voice down!

This thing scared me repeatedly... I kept thinking it was real!

A few steps away from the crazed dead behind the eyes zombie chick was Lilo & Stitch

In the display they had a bunch of Stitch's painted in weird styles (like the Mickeys they had a while back where it was the same basic base, but different decoration etc).

The gremlin, venom & whatever the last one is, were my faves

And I will leave you with some of the stuff at the D23 booth
    Rocketeer pack

The rest of the Rocketeer

Darkwing Chuck con Rocketeer

Sky High super suit

Black Hole Robots

The robot print they gave to D23 members (I love that it has BEN & Carl & 9-eyes and... i just love the whole thing)

I just had a brain fart and can't remember where this costume is from... *facepalm*

It was decided that TRON suites don't look nearly as cool when they're not all glowy

More to Come Soon:

• Infinitized!

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    I just had a brain fart and can't remember where this costume is from... *facepalm*

That would be Condorman.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Stan Lee's Time Jumper Presents A Kuzcochik San Diego Comic-Con Trip Report 09

Your con trip report RULES! Truly awesome write-up and awesome pics. I bow down to you!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Don't mess with the duck!

Awe-sum! Keep it coming! Can never get enuf comic-con.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    That would be Condorman.
    I seriously remembered that right after I posted this *doh* Thank you though.

Anyway, back to the Con.
    Here's some stuff from Sideshow Collectibles (who I love right now b/c every year they give out gift cards that can be worth $25-$100 and guess who got the $100 one and is totally buying herself a Darkwing Duck statue!! This girl )

Carl and Russel

They also had these things called "Cos-babies" that were the Up characters.. they were kinda cute but also creepy

The Carl one fall down go boom

Everyone's favorite singing siren

Good old regular Stitch

The Electric Tiki versions of Buffy & Faith (very cool!)

Super Goof!

Herbie all weird and squidgy

Chi chi chi chip & Dale (and Gadget) Rescue Rangers

The good ship Serenity

I can't really remember which booth these were at, but they're pretty cool
    Runaway Brain Mickey

And Dr. Franknollie

The only vampires I wanted to see at Comic Con... note how they're not shiny

Didn't realized Battlestar was so Frakkin Cute

Below (I'm 98.5% sure) is the girl who runs the Pop Candy blog at USAtoday.com

After a failed attempt to go to the Robot Chicken panel, the boys and I headed to the Drawn to Life: 20 Golden Years of Disney Master Classes Panel which featured a ton of Disney Animators discussing the work of Walt Stanchfield. While waiting for the panel they gave out the Princess and the Frog tarot cards they'd been handing out to D23 members and a copy of Animation Magazine
    The panelists (left to right): Don Hahn, Eric Goldberg, Tom Sito, Ruben Procopio & Glen Keane.

Eric Goldberg

Glen Keane

Here are some of the images they were showing during the presentation

Naked Centarettes!

I really really like this one that shows taking human movements and transfering them to animal characters

The panel ended and everyone rushed the stage. The melee continued outside while everyone and their mom tried to get an autograph or picture w/ Glen Keane. I ran into Little Cricket (if you're reading this I'd love to know the answer to that Beast question) & Coheteboy while we waited. It was actually really cool to see Glen sketch for people. Finally though, I got to take a picture with him

We talked to Cohete for a while afterwards and got to hear about all the cool stuff we had missed by not getting to the morning Disney 3D panel and got to see his Flynn's Arcade coin (jealous! :P)
    We went off and met w/ my friend Dana and headed for the floor again.
    Here's some more Sideshow stuff
    Jack Sparrow Mickey

Tron Mickey!

When did Evil get so sexy :P

Hey look, it's Merryweather!

While over at Sideshow, Darkwing Chuck was checking twitter and saw that the D23 people had tweeted that Bryan Fuller (the creator of Pushing Daisies & Dead Like Me) had been at their booth. We sprinted over there and were told he had just left, but the D23 promo manager guy that was there actually called him for us to try to get him back. He never made it, but the D23 people were really nice about it all.

The WB line was short so we headed there next.
    Arkham Asylum the Video Game looks sweet!!

I love the Big Bang Theory guys all playing Rock Band

Sad to see Chi McBride w/ out the rest of the Daisies cast from last year (this is for Human Target though which looks interesting)

A little ways away was the car for the new Green Hornet movie. We decided seeing Seth Rogan's name on it just makes it to ridiculous for us to care

We popped into Mattel where there was Ghostbusters stuff

And Toy Story stuff!

And of course Cars stuff.

I really like that these toys are based off of the Car Toons they were running.

Darkwing Chuck bought an Egon (from Ghostbusters) figure and we decided to call it a night.
    We found a cheap mexican food resturant that wasn't half bad and ate there then headed back to the hotel for the night.

More To Come Soon:

• Waiting Since 1992

Gah, everybody and their mom got to meet Glen Keane I' m soooo flipping jealous. BUT! Great pics and nice TR. Thanks for posting another perspective of the con.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Hey, I won a $100 too! But I didn't see Darkwing Duck as the available items we could purchase?

Everyone's favorite singing siren

That's some bust!

I can't really remember which booth these were at, but they're pretty cool
    Runaway Brain Mickey

And Dr. Franknollie

The only vampires I wanted to see at Comic Con... note how they're not shiny
    That would be the Diamond Distributors booth.

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post
    Gah, everybody and their mom got to meet Glen Keane I' m soooo flipping jealous. BUT! Great pics and nice TR. Thanks for posting another perspective of the con.
    What's great about Kuzcochik's report is that she's remembering small details and descriptions that really help people follow along with what she did. I just posted photos, lol.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hey, I won a $100 too! But I didn't see Darkwing Duck as the available items we could purchase?

What's great about Kuzcochik's report is that she's remembering small details and descriptions that really help people follow along with what she did. I just posted photos, lol.
    1) My bad for not looking at what's actually available to purchase w/ the card. I just kind of assumed it was for everything, which was dumb on my part... guess I can get the Jack Skellington figure they have. *shrug*

2) You're too kind :P I've been accused to often of remembering too much random crap. Glad that translates into my TRs

• Disappearing/Reappearing

YAY!!! I've been waiting for your report!

Man, that Jessica Rabbit and Evil Queen are awesome! And I love that someone dressed as the Monarch! HAHA

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Yay, another KC report from Comic - Con!! I always enjoyed it. Can't wait for more.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Thanks for letting me see a ton of stuff that I didn't get to while I was there. As we've been saying, you really CAN't see it all.

Frak me, is that an animated Cylon maquette next to the Kara Thrace one? I do figure customs and have a bunch of females lying around and was planning on "animated" versions of Starbuck, Buffy and Faith (or Echo from Dollhouse) and even Dr. Horrible. Thanks for providing some character reference photos!

Looking forward to the rest of your TR!

• steven.

everyone else seems to know how to work their way around the con much better than i did.

love the trip report so far.
    it was nice meeting you, even though it was awkward.
    i didn't even really introduce myself sorry!
    hahaha.

can't wait for the rest!
    i've got no strings.

• Shablagoo!

Woo Hoo! I patienly await the obscure Freakazoid reference that only you and I will get. LOL.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Great report! Can't wait to see more!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes! More pictures!!!! Keep it coming!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast