• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Thumbs down Post Office Woes

Well, I'm quite mad at the post office right now. My parents sent my birthday card/present (Apple Store/iTunes gift cards) and the delivery confirmation shows it was delivered at 2:27pm today. It was NOT in my mailbox. I went to the complex office to see if it was brought there instead. It wasn't. My mail person is notorious for putting the wrong mail in people's boxes. I've found other people's mail in my box countless times. I've complained to the post office about this before too. Well, they just got another complaint and the mail person has a LOT of explaining to do because I have proof it was delivered to *someone's mailbox* at my complex today. My mom can't remember if she put my unit number on the envelope or not, but I've gotten mail in the past addressed to me with no unit number just fine. So it could be in ANYONE'S box. I printed up 50 flyers (before I ran out of printer ink)and put them up on all the mailboxes, in every laundry room and in the doors of the buildings surrounding mine. I'm hoping whoever finds it is honest and turns it in. If not, I hope they rot in hell for stealing my mail, which is a freaking federal offense.

Good thing it's insured but I was looking forward to going to the Apple Store this weekend!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Post Office Woes

I hope they don't rot in hell. But stealing is bad.

• Sock Puppet

Mail carriers= Incompetent boobs!

And yet they can manage to raise postage prices year after year...

When you have no competition, it doesn't matter how bad your service can get!

• Goofy

you should sue the post office.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    I hope your aren't serious Rex. She's insured for the item and she just has to wait a few days to go to the apple store.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I love my mail carrier. And her smokin' hot muscles.

Funny, I thought this was going to be be about the proposed clsoing of post offices and cutting out Saturday hours.

My bad.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Mail carriers= Incompetent boobs!

And yet they can manage to raise postage prices year after year...

When you have no competition, it doesn't matter how bad your service can get!
    Let me just say that I love our mailman... He works extra hard for us delivering & picking up all of our ebay packages everyday with nary a mistake. I guess we are just lucky!!

And as for your last comment about the "no competition" thing... let's just pray that it doesn't spread anywhere else... I'm just sayin'...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Let me just say that I love our mailman... He works extra hard for us delivering & picking up all of our ebay packages everyday with nary a mistake. I guess we are just lucky!!

And as for your last comment about the "no competition" thing... let's just pray that it doesn't spread anywhere else... I'm just sayin'...
    I agree. Our mail carrier is awesome. Not an "incompetent boob." A little harsh to label them all that way.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post

Funny, I thought this was going to be be about the proposed clsoing of post offices and cutting out Saturday hours.

My bad.
    Noooo! The post office in my town is like the hub, the town glue! I see so many people I know there. Cutting Saturday hours would mean I'd actually have to get people's email addresses and make an effort to talk to them, instead of making small talk in line.

Sending bad and guilt ridden thoughts to the people that swiped Aimster's birthday goodness.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I hope your aren't serious Rex. She's insured for the item and she just has to wait a few days to go to the apple store.

oh never mind then. carry on.

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I hope they don't rot in hell. But stealing is bad.
    I agree, that was a bit harsh to wish on someone. People screw up all the time. No need to be so vile sounding. But I agree with Aashee, stealing is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    She has no case. Why are we so sue happy these days? "I didn;t get my way, let me sue.

So you have to wait a couple days to go to the Apple store. It could be worse right???
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Update:

I called my complex office again in the morning and they looked again but didn't see it. So I called the PO again to see what was going on with their "investigation" but they said they're still looking into it. Yeah ok. They said if I haven't received the item after 21 days, then I could file a claim.

My folks went back to the Apple Store today to get new gift cards (they got the Apple Store one deactivated but they couldn't do anything about the iTunes ones) and sent them to me overnight, signature required, so I'll get them by noon tomorrow. My mom felt really bad about the whole thing because she thought she might have forgotten to put my apartment number on the envelope.

Well, on my way home from work, the complex office called. Our normal mail person left 4-5 months ago and since then it's been a different person almost every day delivering the mail. Well, they put the mail for the office in a different place than the regular guy did and the girl working in the office (the manager, who I know well, has been off the last few days), finally noticed the mail and was going through it and guess what was at the very bottom of the pile? MY ENVELOPE! So she called me and I told her I was on my way home so I'd swing by the office to get it.

So I luck out and get double iTunes gift cards (used the ones I got today to get a bunch of new music and some apps for my iPhone). And tomorrow I can go to the Apple Store and get a couple accessories for my phone (I want a windshield or dash mount & a holster... been using the one for my old Blackberry, but the iPhone is taller and the flap won't close properly, plus the bottom blocks the speaker so I can't hear it ring).

So... it all worked out in the end. PHEW!

• Goofy

glad to hear things are going better.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I agree. Our mail carrier is awesome. Not an "incompetent boob." A little harsh to label them all that way.

I'm glad that you receive great service from the post office.

There's hope yet...

But that has not been our experience over the past 20 years or so. Prior to that, it seemed to be OK. And my comments were directed towards the people responsible for MY personal experiences.

Lost mail; certified mail delivered w/o the signature card returned; mail constantly delivered to the wrong addresses on our street; magazines delivered all torn up; no delivery at all! (what ever happened to their slogan about rain, wind, sleet, etc...???) and the whopper of them all, a "lost" letter that was returned to us after three years! There was a note attached saying that it fell behind some equipment and was found during a repair!

At least it was eventually found and returned!

I remember when they used to deliver mail TWICE a day!

And accurately!

And for 25% of the current postage rate!

Rant over...

This was only my 3rd ever bad experience with the post office. Back when I lived in Tampa, my mom sent me something priority mail and it took over a month to receive it. It was addressed properly and everything. The PO had no explanation for it either. Since then, my mom has always used delivery confirmation and/or requested a signature when sending me packages (or she sends them to my work address).

I got my overnight package this morning. The requested delivery by noon and it got here at 11:41am. Heh.