Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Scary idiot on the road- and I freaked OUT!

This morning I had dropped my son off at his bus stop and had started heading down the short stretch of road between his stop and the end of the road- I had started accelerating and this guy decided to go around me.

This is a rural dirt road, and a very short stretch of it- and I have no idea why he thought he should go around me when I was MOVING. Plus it is a narrow road- and it was still dark and I was still waking up- and it just wigged me out- because I was moving, he was moving and he was trying to pass me for no reason, other than getting to the stop sign first.

So I laid on the horn- to express my frustration with his choice to cut me off on a short stretch of road for no reason. And he slams on his brakes in front of me- and started to get out of his car! I drove around him- and left.

I was really shaken up! He chose to pass me for no reason other than I was moving slowly after dropping Braden off- but this is a 25 mile an hour road anyway- I was hardly blocking him- then he puts the squeeze on me, so I honk at him and he decides to almost cause an accident rather than just driving- he had managed to cut me off anyway- so why not!

NO, instead he tries to stop me and have some sort of confrontation on the road- no thanks.

Upon reflection I wish I had just let him pass- and not expressed my frustration and worry by honking at him- because he lives in our neighborhood and I would not want to be hassled by him in the future. GAH!

But wow- I was freaked out- and angry that he was so impatient that he would block the entire road just to get in front of me. Had I been sitting still I would have understood him passing me, FINE, but I was in motion- and he clearly expected me to stop again to let him by-

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Re: Scary idiot on the road- and I freaked OUT!

Nephy, this guy obviously is an idiot, bent on killing himself. Don't worry.

He's a future Darwin Award winner.

People like that shouldn't be allowed to drive...
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Thanks- I just wish I had handled it better- but I got scared by it- there were other headlights and I was over processing. I could not tell in that moment if cars were coming, going, should I stop? Why is he still trying to pass me......OVERLOAD *HONK* *HONK* *HONK*

When I realized he was actually stopping to yell at me I just freaked out more and took off- I almost expected him to follow me!

I hope he does not cause trouble- luckily I don't think he knows who I am and hopefully he will not go looking for my car or something-

*shudder*

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Yea, it's crazy. He wants to cause trouble because you called him on something he did. I don't understand that mentality in people - they become upset because they don't want to admit they did something stupid.

Glad you're OK, and that it didn't go any further. Nothing wrong with what you did, but as scary as it is today, especially on the road, it might be better to just let it go next time.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Original Mice-Chatter

heh- had you been there you might have found my honking excessive

I wish I had honked once- and then let it go- but I blasted him- that is the main thing I regret. Driving away from him, I don't.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I probably would have done the same thing, Nephy. You didn't do anything wrong.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Original Mice-Chatter

*sigh*

Thanks-again.....

I don't think I will feel ok about this until a couple days go by and I don't see him around.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    I probably would have done the same thing, Nephy. You didn't do anything wrong.

No doubt, me too.

Do you remember details about the vehicle he was driving? Might come in handy should he choose to continue to be an idiot.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - he's probably on to being a jerk around someone else now
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

•   
    • So fetch

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys
    When I realized he was actually stopping to yell at me I just freaked out more and took off- I almost expected him to follow me!

*shudder*
    Scary drivers suck! Here's my story.

I've had someone follow me. I'm glad I had my sorority sister with me so I wasn't alone. I was driving on the 210 right before the 5 to go back to school in Northern California. I'm driving and just chatting with my sis and all the sudden this guy is right behind me. He was really close and freaked us out so I decided to let him pass me so I moved over one lane. He did the same. I moved over again to the far right lane and he does the same. My sis and I were "WTF is his problem?" We thought maybe he would get bored so I kept on driving. I merged to the fast lane. He kept following me really close to my car. At this time I was going 85-90 thinking my car was faster than his, I was wrong. This was when we got really scared. We tried calling 911, of course busy signal. We called my dad, who is retired LAPD and still knew cops in the area, so he was calling them. We tried 911 again, gave up and called the operator. I got off the freeway thinking this pyscho would keep on going. Nope, he followed us. We pulled into a gas station and parked, hoping that we could run inside to safety. Nope, he pulled up right behind and blocked us in. This guy looked scary so we stayed locked in my car. While blocked in we finally got in contact with a police dispatcher. We gave them our location, the other driver's car license number, guy's description, etc. After 15 minutes sitting in the parking lot the guy finally drove off. The police asked if we wanted to come down to the station and file a complaint. We declined knowing that it wouldn't do any good and we still had a 6 hour drive ahead of us. I did learn a lot from that experience. If being followed, do not stop anywhere, go directly to a police station if you can, park in front a business's front doors and honk the horn. We did everything wrong but this was my sister's and my first time experiencing road rage, we were clueless on what to do. To this day I don't know why that pyscho started following us. I had been in my lane for a while so I couldn't have cut him off.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Heh- this guy probably thought I was the one with road rage

• I'm your huckleberry.

Nephy - DON'T move to SoCal.... you'd experience something like that every day. Sometimes several times a day!

I have a 120 mile commute (round trip), and man, the stories I could tell you.... Sheesh!!! I don't understand why people get all stupid on the road. I've found that mostly, they seem to think that the laws don't apply to them, or they think they've found a super secret way of getting ahead and the rest of us law-abiding citizens are fools. Grrrr.......

• Circle of Ancients

Nephythys....what a scary thing to have happen! Don't feel bad about your reaction....like you said , you went into overload so your fight/flight adrenaline had probably kicked in causing you to honk the horn loudly 3 times (fight) then drive off in a hurry when he got out of his car (flight). He probably woke up in a bad mood or got in a fight with his wife this morning or was late for work , but I bet it had nothing to do with you. The thing you said that worries me is that he lives in your neighborhood. I hope he will realize that he was acting nuts this morning and make up his mind not to do anything like this to you (or anyone else) again. But if he does, definitely call the police because road rage is against the law. In fact, the more I think about it , the more I think you should probably even report what happened today to the police just to be safer!

• Hooterville, USA

People behind the wheel of their car are alot like people behind their keyboards. They act much worse than if they were in a room with you.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Original Mice-Chatter

It was dark- I was tired, and I don't remember anything about the car, and the only thing I recall about the driver was dark hair and glasses. Nothing to go on- and to be honest, I doubt he did anything wrong enough to get the police involved.

He probably though it was ok to drive around me- but since I was in motion too, he made it clear that he was passing me anyway. Otherwise I would not have worried about it- but good grief, I WAS moving and so was he- and I did not even speed up or anything- he got in front of me anyway- but wow....

I am so glad it's Friday!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

For real, tha'ts life out here.

On my way to the show Wed. night, dbc and I were at a stop light, on foot, waiting for it to change so we could cross. This idiot tries to turn left from the staright lane instead of the left turn lane. A car comes in the left turn lane and honks at the other car. So the guy who was trying to make an illegal turn gets out of his car and starts yelling at the guy! Like, hello, you're the idiot who can't go to the next light and turn around. So, theother guy turns then stops, effectively blocking this guy from turning - making him wait another a round of lights.

I'm just glad there were no guns, man, dbc and I woulda had nowhere to hide!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast