Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Snow, SNOW!! Gah gah gah!!!

OMG!!

I knew it was supposed to snow last night and through today- but OMG!

Heavy, wet and several inches deep- I am in hell. Now, if I could have stayed home and enjoyed it from the warmth of my home- it would be nice to look at, but NO, I had to leave for work.

Getting the snow off my car is not such a big deal- but the snow was so heavy that a lilac bush next to my car had collapsed and blocked the drivers side door. OK, so I get in on the other side, slipe and slide my way down the driveway- and take a look around-

Broken branches all over, snapped clean off by the heavy snow, and a portion of the fence around the property has caved in as well. Trees are bowed to the ground, it'a THAT heavy!

I barely made it up the hill (I am getting new tires this weekend- thank God for payday)- and then when I hit the main road it was so icy that I was going less than 5 miles an hour, inching my way (literally) up the hill. As I hit the top I saw another car (4-wheel drive by the looks of it) backwards in the ditch. I was very grateful to still be on the road!

I crawled to work going about 30 MPH- once I was on the larger roads they were better plowed. As I type it is still snowing- not sure what the forecast is right now- but I am so grateful that I have tomorrow off. I'm calling my own snow day! Not going anywhere if at all possible!!

I will post some pics later- when I get home and can get some good shots. Of course, when I get home I may not make it up the driveway unless Dad gets out and gets it plowed- *sigh*

Yesterday the first snowfall was a magical mythical thing- and now it is just another misery!

Bleaugh!

• Banned User

Re: Snow, SNOW!! Gah gah gah!!!

Yep, its that time of year, I feel sorry for ya girl but alas I am here in Montana where the snow is a falling 8 months of the year. Where I live we get more some times then other cities, less then others but I feel your pain. I shoveled out 7 days a week for many years, scraping it off the windows, freezing my butt off trying to get to work or the kids to school. This year I have a garage, with a garage door opener, I feel so blessed I can not tell ya. No more snow shoveling to get to the car, then cleaning the car off, then back tracking to get the kids to the car. Nope, I never have to scrap again. I may shovel my walk ways, but there is this stuff you can spray onm the side walks that melts the snow as soon as it falls. you spray it on and it covers the side walks for 3 or 4 snow showers ,I may never have to shovel again!!
    I finally got my snow tires Thursday, and feel more confidant on the roads. where do you live where the snow is really falling right now?
    Snow stay away please........... do not come near Montana for a while

• most magical vaca ever

Ok, I take back complaining about all the rain we've had over the last few days here in NJ

Snow not ready for it yet!
    ~~~~~~

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

keeping my fingers crossed that it melts soon! We are heading out in your direction on Friday night and it would be great if I didn't have to deal with all that crap! I checked the forecast and the snow storms should be gone by tuesday and you will have a clear and warm rest of the week.

I am right with you- its 39 degrees here right now and I hate it. I am not ready for winter yet!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Yeah- I live in Colorado- the schizophrenic weather state. On Saturday I was basking in the sun in a tank top, today I have on layers and my heavy winter coat.

I hate snow- except on postcards.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

covers head - I LOVE the snow - all it says to me is - we might get a great ski season this year!! If I could make it only snow in the mtns that would make it perfect for everybody!

• Original Mice-Chatter

hey- that works for me, keep the snow in the mountains. Spiffy- I can look at it without having to drive in it or scrape it off my car.

• My Children's Father

Let's hear it for global warming ...........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    covers head - I LOVE the snow - all it says to me is - we might get a great ski season this year!! If I could make it only snow in the mtns that would make it perfect for everybody!
    ha ha ha ok, so I love it to, just not in June we had snow in June!! OMgosh it was so cold here in June I had the heat on. Ok, I love the snow at Christmas time, and I am going to like winter a lot more ,now that I have a nice garage. So Now I need to find a cool place to take the kids to sleigh ride.

• most magical vaca ever

I love snow when it happens on Fridays or Saturdays. When it's during the week and you have to dig out to get to work, school, etc... then it's a drag but I the way it looks and especially love it when we get it on Christmas
    ~~~~~~

• I'm your huckleberry.

I made it through one winter living in the local mountains here in SoCal. While our snow was nothing compared to what you all get, it was enough to prompt me to move immediately the following summer.

It had long been my dream to live in the mountains... but after a winter of tire chains, snow shoveling, black ice and road closures, I needed to get back to civilization.

You all have my sympathies and admiration!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

*flicks open the blinds- looks out*

Yep- still snowing.......and I gave up garage parking to put some money back into my paycheck. I may regret that- *sigh*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Hasn't snowed down here yet but man is it getting cold. I am told that winter does not start till after Thanksgiving and I am thinking to myself, The person who made that decision obviously does not know anything about winter. I would say that right now should be considered the beginning of winter.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I'm obviously in the minority - I love snow, all snow. In non-winter months it's a sweet suprise and a help for our ever present drought situation. In fall and winter, it's a countdown to ski season.
    I'll give ya road problems and who likes to shovel and scrape - but I'll still take it.
    Nephy - I think Colorado keeps getting Montana snow. Our weather patterns have really started to change over the past 10 years. It sure seems like snow we would normally get is being dumped on your state!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Dang, you guys got a wet one!
    But if you got snow, that eans my parents did, which means my first "You have snow and I have warm sunny weather" gloating phone call shall begin.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast