Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Some Like it Hot (Spicy Foods)

Do you like spicy stuff?

How hot is too hot?

For me, I love all things spicy. I pretty much *pour* on the Tabasco, and enjoy eating straight hot peppers as a snack. However, I once found chicken fingers that were too hot for me - I made it a personal challenge to the chef, and the guy literally breaded them in crushed red pepper, and then soaked them in cayenne and Tabasco sauces. I could taste 'em for a week!

I seriously keep 2 different types of hot sauce at my desk, so I can spice up my lunch when I feel like it. I especially love Mexican food for this reason. Speaking of which, I'm also a salsa fiend, so if anyone has any great salsa recipes to share, please post 'em!

• Banned User

Re: Some Like it Hot (Spicy Foods)

Well, does roasting 2 busshels of hot peppers count for anything? I did this for my parents last week and smelled of chili for the whole 2 days! They love putting chili on everything, me I hate anything hot or spicy

• Again! Again! Again!

I love the spicy stuff!! I love chile hot! Tabasco is too vineagar-y! I like it hot enough to still have the flavor of the food, but I can take it much hotter. My cousin and great aunt in New Mexico roast Hatch chiles all the time and send some home with us when we visit. They are a medium hot, but you can get a hot one or two in there!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    I love the spicy stuff!! I love chile hot! Tabasco is too vineagar-y! I like it hot enough to still have the flavor of the food, but I can take it much hotter. My cousin and great aunt in New Mexico roast Hatch chiles all the time and send some home with us when we visit. They are a medium hot, but you can get a hot one or two in there!
    Hatch chili, yep thats the chili I just got done roasting!! my aunt and uncle just brought it back, I wish thwy had it roasted before hand

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    THese are soooooo good!! Thank you so much Chili4 for bringing me some!! I love them!!

DP, I posted my salsa recipe in the recipe thread a looooong time ago. I add the peppers to taste, some prefer jalapenos(which I got an amazing amount of from my little garden)and some like habaneros, so you can add whichever you like.

I love tabasco but I also love Franks Red Hot Sauce because it's so flavorful!!
    I made buffalo chicken tacos for Kyler and I awhile back ago and they were great!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I love spicy food. love love it. I am one who really likes it hot. I have a slew of different hot saucesat home, all different types and flavors. I also have Daves Insanity Sauce which is great on CHili and just bought the Roasted red pepper and Chipotle sauce- but I haven't tried it yet
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I love tabasco but I also love Franks Red Hot Sauce because it's so flavorful!!
    I have a GALLON bottle of Frank's Red Hot! It's the best! I use it on eggs, even on those Tyson Buffalo Strips, cause those aren't hot enough!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

My mom and brother buy Tapatio by the gallon. Since my brother moved in with us a while ago, we always have it around. I like adding a few drops here and there and he DOUSES EVERYTHING with it until his food it swimming! He loves it. I like it- it adds good flavor and spice. I HATE tobasco, the smell makes me sick.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod
    I have a GALLON bottle of Frank's Red Hot! It's the best! I use it on eggs, even on those Tyson Buffalo Strips, cause those aren't hot enough!!
    Oh man I love those tyson strips
    Try it on buffalo chicken tacos, sooooo good!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Man O Lantern

Mmmmm.....spicy!

I use Tapatio like other people use ketchup or mayo. I freaking love the stuff, but I go through it...it's like water to me now.

I like Kick Yo A$$ hotsauce....it's not just that it's hot, it's also tangy, big flavors.

I actually have ordered from a hot sauce website a few times. Can't remember the name though, shoot. There used to be this hot sauce store in San Diego, and I've been there twice. Portland Saturday Market has a hot sauce booth and I like to go there to taste before I buy. Some sauces just try to be hot. I need something hot and flavorful.

There's this restaurant here in Portland called Salvador Molly's and I live within staggering distance of one of them. The first time we went there, I ordered jambalaya and they have a numerical scale 1-24, 24 being so hot that your tongue falls off. So I ordered a 12 and the waitress flat out REFUSED to put in my order as a 12, she thought I couldn't handle it. I was SO mad. But I ordered it....and I got it and Kelly's 6 was waaaaaaaay hotter than my 12. I was irate!!! I seriously love spicy food and it turns out this woman ordered me a 1.2 instead of a 12. I got my extremely UNspicy meal free. I hope she was fired. I refused to eat there for the longest time. I would go for drinks, but was pissed off about that meal. Their drinks are the BEST. I ordered one prickly pear margarita and I could barely talk.

www.salvadormollys.com

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Mmmmmmmmm Prickly Pear Margaritas Yum
    Makes me think of Tortilla Jo's
    Makes me think of Joey, where is the picture of our happy server??

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I am, likewise, a huge spicey food fanatic. My favorite is Mexican food and I could probably eat it for every meal. (Followed by Indian, Thai and Italian.) We have at least six different hot sauces in the fridge at the moment: Tapatio, Tabasco, Bufalo, La Victoria, Crystal and...my favorite De La Viuda. (The last one is very hard to find. Occasionally I can find it Tijuana and when I do, I'll buy at least 6-8 bottles.) There's also a jar of Jalapeno jelly and some peppers.

BTW: If you're ever going to Tijuana, I can direct you to the best tacos in town: 3 for $1 with homemade ancho/pasillo salsa. Yum!

Hot carrots anyone?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• lol

Nothing is too spicy for moi!

• Banned User

holly molly, you guys are making my stomach burn ha haha
    its hot going in and coming out! I can not longer handle hot food, even spicy hot wings tear my gut up for days. oh to be young and wild again

• lol

Holly Molly! I love it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast