• Banned User

How to fix a shower head, or how to screw it up!

I wait all day to have my landlord fix my shower and a light fixture, he comes back and forth and all day he is doing this or that and coming and going. he finishes up on the tub, then leaves and I see he has put the shower massager on back wards, how did i finsd this to be, the head points to the wall. so I take it apart and put it on right and he did not put in the gaskets!, I am ticked off, I call him and he says, oh no its on right!
    I say if it is why will it not sit in the holder and you balanced it on there and it points to the wall? he says its a cheap shower head. OK, so I fixed it and now I need gaskets!! So he says, well you will need to go buy some to fit. Give me a break!!! Talk a bout a days wages lost and the work crappily done!! any one else have a craptacular land lord???>?

• Happy Memories

Re: How to fix a shower head, or how to screw it up!

Yeah, I'm always saying I'm gonna do stuff around the house and then procrastinating. I guess you could say I'm not a very good landlord..... to myself!

• most magical vaca ever

Well, I luckily have a land lord that fixes things pretty fast but she S**Ks because we can't have a washer/dryer

My old landlord was a slumlord!!! We had a tropical storm (floyd) and a huge piece of our kitchen ceiling fell in and he NEVER fixed it! For about 18 months we lived with a huge hole in our kitchen.... we moved out and then he HAD to fix it to find new tenants.... what a jerk!
    ~~~~~~

• Banned User

well get this, I take it apart, and the gasket goes down the drain, yeah the same drain I asked him to find a screen for! so I call him up, and he is now out of town. I run all over town to find the gasket, yeah you guessed they only come in that size for shower heads and no where had one! I was so ticked off! So now I am thinking, do I ned to go buy a new shower head? so when I get home its on right and they came while I was out. ANd I am mad as you know what as they came in when i was gone, and thats why I stayed home from work!!!!! I am so not right at this moment!! by my apple pie looks good ( store bought frozen of course

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I am so not right at this moment!! by my apple pie looks good ( store bought frozen of course
    Put that pie back in the freezer and shut the door! You want me to send out an intervention team to keep you from eating it????

• Happy Memories

Sounds like you need one of these karla....

• That Guy

You may want to research your local landlord tenant law to see if what he is up to is legit. Knowledge is power chica!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkie Dad
    Put that pie back in the freezer and shut the door! You want me to send out an intervention team to keep you from eating it????
    Ok I saw this and thought Trekkie you are so funny and yes I need an intervention!!! I decided after last night I was going to get back on track and yes, I am doing it today by starting the food list and beginning again to eat right! Thank you trekkie, you made me laugh this morning and remind me life is to short to eat my head off~!!! Have a good day

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    Sounds like you need one of these karla....
    Thank you Harry!! I did and I appreciate the hug
    well he came back, refixed it and all is well. but why did I have to miss a full days work, while they came back and forth for parts, and then go to lunch, then do it all backwards? I think my faith was tested, But it came out well in the end. I did not hollar, I did not get mad, I just got disgusted that these men are suposed to do this for a living and I had to show them they put the shower massager hose on backwards. Come on !
    Ok, today is a new day, a new beginning and umm the shower felt awsome this moring Thanks guys you made me feel better

• I'm your huckleberry.

I feel you on the crappy landlord HM!

Here's the list of stuff that my landlords have promised to fix, but haven't:

*broken handle on sliding glass door to back yard
    *missing screen door for same slider
    *6 missing vertical blind panels for same slider
    *broken kitchen faucet with floppy handle (shuts off fine, just annoying)
    *getting the gardeners to pull up all the cabbages planted in the flower boxes (yes, I said cabbages)
    *weird plumbing problems where if you have more than one appliance/sink using hot water at the same time the pipes in the walls make a terrible banging noise

Oh, and over the weekend, the A/C unit for the upstairs died. I'm thinking that's never going to get fixed either.

These landlords lived in this house right before us, so they know THEY broke these things, not us. They planted all kinds of weird veggies in the middle of the flower boxes in the back yard... I don't get it.

Looking at that list, it sounds like I'm living in a slum! But really, its a lovely 3 year old 4000+ square foot house. The owners just beat the hell out of it before I moved in. I'm just glad they painted and shampooed the carpets.