Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• pixie cutie

Requiem for my father who loved Disneyland

My father passed away on September 29th. I am writing this in micechat because I would like to honor the man who taught me to love Disneyland.
    Growing up in San Francisco, Disneyland was a magical place to visit for me.
    It was a treat to be able to visit Disneyland twice a year because I knew I would be able to spend quality time with my dad. In the long ago days before annual pass, space mountain, splash mountain and winnie the pooh rides, the park was very special and magical. We would begin every visit to the Riverbelle with Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes with a cute cherry nose and powder sugar. Our first ride was always the Pirates of the Carribean. In the quiet darkness, we would watch the laterns in the restaurant by the river and slowly listen to the deep voice of the pirate skeleton greeting us before the drop. Pirates chased the women then. The Haunted Mansion followed where I spent a good deal of the time with my eyes closed and face pressed against my father's chest.
    Next, we gather as a family to make important decisions. Which tickets were we going to use for which ride? Lets go to Adventures in Space! No. Lets go to the People Movers. Wait! We haven't seen It's a Small World yet. Yes, folks. Once upon a time in Disneyland, families had to carefully select which rides we could go on because there were only so many E tickets. Lunch time was always at the Mexican restaurant near the train rides. We loved listening the the sounds and voices emitting from the mock buildings near the train ride. Once a year, everyone would get a fancy hat. My favorite was a Donald Duck hat with a bill that if you squeezed it it quacked. If it was a hot summer day, we would purchase Welch's grape popsicles and sit inside the Cinema and watch Mickey Mouse cartoons. Later, we would take the skyway across the park to look for mermaids in the lagoon. In tomorrow land, we would watch the American movie in the circle theatre and later talk with Goofy, Mickey and Minnie on telephones on the wall. As the evening came to a close, we would watch the fireworks show in the air followed by my favorite experience, Tinkerbell flying through the air from the matterhorn. We paid our respects to Mr. Lincoln before exiting the gates. And of course, last minute begging at the stands for more souvenirs.

Thank you folks for today. I really took a lovely trip down memory lane through your many wonderful threads and posts. It has made my mourning period less painful. Hugs to all.
    Last edited by Tink Wink; 10-10-2005 at 11:08 PM.

• The Unknown Princess

Re: Requiem for my father who loved Disneyland

Tink Wink..sorry for your loss. He has passed down his love for a place to his child so she can pass that on to her children and other loved ones. His legacy remains and shall remain intact. Remember those times at Disneyland and when you visit Disneyland because Magically your father will be there with you and maybe he'll bring a "Uncle" that you never met to shine upon your visit there.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Senior Minion

Sorry to hear of your loss and thank you for sharing your fond memories with him. Take care.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• All you need is LOVE

Sorry for your loss we are here for you Hugs Glad you have Disney in your heart forever.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing - those memories will bring you happiness in the years to come!

• Banned User

Tink, I am so sorry, there is no words I can say as this i am sure is a sad time for you.He sounded like a wonderful man and a wonderful father. How wonderful of him to bless you with all things disney . Thank you for sharing your thoughts and memories, and how wonderful a family man he was.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I can not even imagine what it is like to lose a parent- especially when that parent gave you such a gift of magic and love. Though I am certain that your father's love and magic for you went far beyond Disneyland.....

• Waiting for the stork

Tink, I am so sorry for your lose
    Thank you for sharing such wonderful memories with us, I feel privlaged to have heard them.
    Your father sounds like he was a wonderful man, with a lot of love and magic in his heart. and he will always be with you in your heart and memories.
    know that I am sending you thougths and prayers to give you strength to get through this. I am so very sorry.
    procrastibating

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Best Buds

So sorry to hear about your loss. I am very glad that you have such vivid, magical memories to hold onto and to share.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

We love you Tink! I am sorry for your loss.

• most magical vaca ever

So sorry for your loss... Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories of him with us. Your love for him will continue to make his spirit live on.
    ~~~~~~

• /sigh

That was lovely, Tink
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Sock Puppet

Just remember this Tink, these memories that you described to us will forever remain in your heart and memories and will never be taken away from you. You know you will have this support group to comfort you to ease you through your transition without your dad being here. Your dad is now in a better place and in good hands too. Heck, he might be up there now talking to Walt right now about his dream come true.

Your dad will forever more be there for you in spirit. God bless you and your family.

Glenn
    Former cast member - Riverbelle Terrace 1977

What a legacy he left. Thank you for sharing. It's the good memories that sustain us.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast