Thread: Recipe Thread

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Recipe Thread

Shall, we share our recipes?

• Banned User

Re: Recipe Thread

I dont have one, but I have a request: cheesecake recipes.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

We shall.

Tri-tip Roast
    -1 medium tri-tip (frozen)
    -Santa Maria Style Seasoning or salt, pepper, garlic salt, and a little seasoned salt

Make a foil bag by folding your tri-tip inside and VERY generously season your frozen tritip. Heat your oven to 350 degrees and place the "bagged" tri-tip in a pan with sides. Bake between 4 and 8 hours (depending on the size.) The first time you make this, watch it carefully after 4 hours to see how long it takes depending on your oven. You will know it's done when the meat falls apart.

Serve with mashed or baked potatoes, a vegetable and some garlic-cheese bread*

Garlic Cheese Bread
    -Mix 1 cup regular mayo with 1.5 cups grated parmesian cheese. Add in 1/4 tsp garlic POWDER and mix well. Generously spread onto sliced french bread and broil until golden brown.

Enjoy!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    I dont have one, but I have a request: cheesecake recipes.
    Oh, I've got a good cheesecake recipe laying around here somewhere...I'll have to look through my old cookbooks tomorrow and see if I can find it.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

I'm sure I will be posting alot in this thread.
    Here's a Baguette {Pain Ordanaire(French Bread)} recipe that I like that does not involve using a scale.
    All of the recipes in my "Professional Baking" book is in weight not volume.
    The Baguette Recipe : : Food Network

• Ravenclaw

Dry Caramel, Salt:

Caramel Base
    375g Sugar
    350g glucose
    500g heavy cream
    100g butter

Line a baking sheet with silicone mat. Heat the sugar, glucose, cream and butter in a pot over medium heat till it's 230 degrees F. Pour onto the mat and let cool.

Dry Caramel

210g caramel base
    65g tapioca maltodextrin

combine caramel base and tapioca maltodextrin in a food processor until all the base is absorbed. It will take some time, but eventually it will!

Divide the resulting dry caramel into 8 glasses and sprinkle them with smoked sea salt.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup - All Recipes

I make this all the time. It's awesome. Just put some shredded cheddar, sour cream, crushed tortillas, and olives on top and it's a meal in a bowl!

• Lonestar Louisianian

Lemon Pudding Cheesecake
    1-1/2 cups crushed Vanilla Wafers (about 40 wafers)
    3/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
    3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
    4 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
    2 Tbsp. flour
    2 Tbsp. milk
    1 cup Sour Cream
    4 eggs
    2 pkg. (4-serving size each) Lemon Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
    1 cup thawed Strawberry Whipped Topping (optional)
    2 squares White Baking Chocolate (Optional for making Chocolate Curl garnish)

PREHEAT oven to 325F if using a silver 9-inch springform pan (or to 300F if using a dark nonstick 9-inch springform pan). Mix wafer crumbs, 1 Tbsp. of the sugar and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes.
    BEAT cream cheese, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, flour and milk in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in dry pudding mixes until well blended.
    BAKE 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until center is almost set. Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, prepare chocolate curls from white chocolate. (See Tip). Remove rim of pan when ready to serve. Top cheesecake with whipped topping and chocolate curls just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Sweet and Sour Pork or Chicken
    Ingredients:
    1/2 Lb boneless, pork loin, pork tenderloin, or boneless chicken, cut into 3/4 inch cubes.
    1/2 cup cornstarch
    1 to 2 tbsp peanut or vegetable oil
    2 tbsp Water
    2 tbsp Ketchup
    2 1/2 tbsp packed brown sugar
    2 1/2 tbsp Orange Juice
    2 1/2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
    2 tsp Soy Sauce
    1 tbsp Chicken Stock *
    3/4 tsp Crushed Dried Red Chili Flakes
    2 tsp Fresh Ginger, minced
    1/2 cup yellow or white onion. 1/2 inch diced
    1/2 cup green bell pepper, 1/2 inch diced
    2 tsp Cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. Cold Water
    1/2 to 3/4 cup pineapple chunks, 1/2' cubes
    * This is a recipe I got from culinary school, were stocks are plentiful, in a non profesional environment, I use a small chunk of a chicken bouillon cube and 1 tbsp water.

Procedure:
    For the sauce, mix together the water, ketchup, brown sugar, orange juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, chicken stock, and chili flakes in a small bowl and set aside. Dust the cubed chicken or pork in cornstarch to coat. Deep fry until golden, crispy and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.

Heat Wok on high heat and add oil, swirling to coat the wok. Add ginger and stir-fry until aromatic, about 20 seconds. Add oinion and stir- fry for about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and add reserved sauce components, stirring until sugar dissolved. Add cornstarch slurry and cook until sauce thickens.

Add Pineapple chunks and reserved fried protein to sauce in wok, toss to coat, and serve.

If one does not have a wok, the can use a pan. Though using a wok, does improve taste. I know it sounds crazy, that a cooking accessory can effect the taste, but it can.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

French Onion Soup
    2 oz butter
    2.5 lbs Onion, sliced thin
    3-3 1/4 qt Beef Stock (or even Bouillon)
    To taste Salt
    T.T. Pepper
    2-3 fl oz sherry (optional)

As needed French bread
    As Needed Gruyere or Swiss Cheese.

1. Heat butter in a stockpot over low-med heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 30 minutes.
    2. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer until onions are very tender and the flavors are well balanced, about 20 minutes.
    3. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add sherry if desired.
    4. Cut the bread into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
    5. Toast pieces in the oven, until crispy.
    6. Place the cheese on the croutons and put under a broiler until cheese is bubbling and lightly brown.
    7.Serve and enjoy.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I cook without recipes. Most of what I make, I have always just kind of thrown things together. My husband has very limited tastes. He won't eat fish, chicken, or pork. He loves my chili, though.

I use canned ingredients for that.

Brown about 1/2 pound of ground beef, and drain off the fat. I put the drained ground beef in a large pot with cut up mushrooms, green/or red peppers, and cut up onions. I cook that mixture until they are soft. In the same pot, I add 2 cans of tomato sauce, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2 cans of Kidney Beans, and 1 can of water. I then sprinkle on chili powder, to taste, depending on how spicy you want it.

I cook this mixture on low heat for as many hours as it takes to become thick. Usually, about 4 to 5. I stir it about every 30 minutes. I even set my timer, so I don't forget.

My husband gets about 3 to 4 servings from this. He loves my chili and eats it with oyster crackers.

I can only eat small portions of this, and I have never actually been a big chili fan.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Ravenclaw

3 heads of garlic, cloves separated
    Olive oil, preferably not extra virgin
    chile flakes
    Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved
    3 fistfuls of spaghetti

Slice the bitter tips off each end of each clove, and peel the skins off.
    Place the peeled cloves and chile flakes in a cold saucier and cover with olive oil.
    Simmer the garlic over low to medium heat till brown and soft. Don't burn it!
    Remove the garlic/chile mix to a mortar and pestle, crushing to a rough paste (you still want chunks).
    Add oil mix and garlic to freshly cooked pasta. Toss with Parmigiano-Reggiano.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.