View Poll Results: What places know for paranormal activity would you like to visit or loved visiting?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Whaley House (San Diego, California)

18 41.86%
  • Queen Mary Luxury Liner (Long Beach, California)

21 48.84%
  • The Winchester Mystery Mansion (San Jose, California)

22 51.16%
  • The Myrtle Plantation (Louisiana)

10 23.26%
  • Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast (Fall River, Massachusetts)

7 16.28%
  • Alcatraz "The RocK" Prison (San Francisco, California)

16 37.21%
  • The U.S.S. Hornet (Alameda, CA)

6 13.95%
  • Other

7 16.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Question Haunted Buildings (No debating here, just ghost stories please)

In the spirit of Halloween, Do you know of any Haunted Buildings around your area? Have you ever visited them and have any paranormal experiences? What ghost stories have you heard about those haunted buildings? Does the building have a history behind it? Ladies and gentlemen, this thread is created so that you can tell us any scary stories of places you know are haunted. Do you have any pictures to show us? Now lets please only post ghost stories and images in this thread. This thread is not intended to debate
    if ghosts exist or not(Un-like the "Do you believe in Ghosts thread"), it is only intended so that people can tell us about haunted areas/places around them.

Their are two places that are around my area that are said to be haunted, The Jailers Inn & the Waverly Manor (both places were featured on ghost shows that aired on Travel Channel). I have personally visited the Bardstown Kentucky Jailers Inn (40 minutes away from my house) and it use to be a small jail house where inmates were hung. Legend has it that some of these inmates still roam the area. Travel Channel even ranked it #9 of the top 10 spookiest places in the United States.

Then their is the Waverly Manor (2 plus hours away from my house). I personally do not know much about the place and have not visited it but I believe it once use to be a hospital for the sick and dying. Their are reports that people may feel someone touching them when no one else is around and that a little girls haunts the top story of the building.

Do any of you know any of the stories behind buildings around your area that are said to be haunted? Please do tell and post pictures if you have any. But please, No debating the existence of ghosts in this thread. Thanks.

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: Haunted Buildings (No debating here, just ghost stories please)

Waverly Hills, Wrassler, Wavery Hills. Not 'Manor'
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• That's Hawt

The resort I work at relocated an indian burial ground and many guests and staff have reported seeing an indian in full headdress and also things have been moved in offices when they were locked from the outside and in one case there was a desk that was moved in front of the door that was locked from the outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The place that is said to be haunted and is a place I would like to visit is the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose California.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Here are a few places around California that I can recommend:

The San Francisco Art Institute – The Bell Tour is reputed to be haunted. I have never been there though to check it out.

Queen Anne Hotel (San Francisco) – An old Victorian ladies finishing school built in the late 1800’s. After the school closed up it became a gentlemen’s club, then a half way house for abused ladies and children. In the 1980’s it got turned into a hotel. The head mistress from when it was a finishing school is said to haunt one of the rooms on the 3rd floor. Personal experiences I have had here have been intense cold spots and the smell of old cigar smoke moving down the hall then suddenly vanishing (I checked.. there was no one on the level where I smelled the smoke so it could not have come from someone in a room smoking).

Alcatraz – a great place to visit, especially the hospital wing. 2 years ago we held a overnight investigation on ‘The Rock’ when we held our annual West Coast Paranormal Investigators conference there and got some great stuff. I was in the operating room with a guy who had a video camera. We caught a ball of light suddenly materializing through the wall, float about the room, the go right through the ceiling. This was not a flashlight or anything because it had dimension, did not reflect, and was not touching and surface. We also experienced several places where we got EVP. While doing some filming with the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) for their program ‘Haunted Famous’, both members of our group and members of the BBC crew were pushed.

USS Hornet (Alameda) – You don’t even have to go on the ship to get some great stuff from the Hornet. I got a lot of ectoplasm pictures from just walking on the dock next to the ship. Last year our conference was held overnight on the ship and we got some great stuff. A girl from Seattle took a picture of one of her friends in the bathroom. In the picture there is a mirror and in the mirror there is a image of a guy in a sailors outfit looking at them. Doors were heard slamming shut all night long. People heard whispers in vacant rooms and a lot of EVP was gotten. As for me I got a few orbs that night and had something playing with my cell phone. I was in my bunk in the middle of the ship (There was no reception to my phone due to all the steel surrounding us and my phone was about 3 feet away from me. As I watched my phone started to emit tones like if someone was pressing the buttons on it, but no one was touching it.

Black Diamond Mines (Antioch) – There are the remains of 2 ghost towns here. Welsh miners came in after finding coal in Mt Diablo, but after the coal was found to be of inferior grade, the mines closed down and everyone moved on. There is a graveyard here that has been badly vandalized over the years. It is said that a lady in white is seen in it, but I can not find any proof or actual eyewitness accounts of anyone seeing it. This one I figure is just local folklore.

Moss Beach Distillery (Moss Beach) – This is a state landmark. During the era of prohibition this used to be the speak easy that all the influential people in San Francisco used to come to. Across the way from the distillery is a parking lot that used to be a bordello that got burned down. It is said that 2 or 3 ghosts reside here, the most famous being the ‘Blue Lady’. A lot of psychics have come in here and said to have gotten stuff (if you believe in psychics). The place is rigged!!! There are areas of the restaurant that shoot out cold air to make you think you are experiencing a cold spot. The chandeler is also rigged to sway, and there is a etching of a mans face in the mirror in the ladies room, making ladies think they are seeing the ghost of the piano player that used to work there stareing at them. I think the place wants to promote its ghosts because it is so far off the beaten path. To get to it you have be really looking for its sign as you are driving on Highway 1 then you have to drive through a residential area and then through a grove of trees just to get to it. It is still a nice place to go for a romantic dinner though.

Red White and Blue Beach ( near Santa Cruz) – There is a house here that was built in the early 1900’s by a retired sea captain who has apparently stayed even after shuffling off this mortal coil. The house has a VERY violent history. Lights have been seen coming on and off in the house when there is no one there and a light will sometimes be seen at night in a area of the house that was torn down in the 1950’s. To get to Red White and Blue beach look for the red white and blue mailbox on Highway 1 just north of Santa Cruz and turn down the dirt road to get to the beach.

Brookdale Lodge (Brookdale) – There are rumored to be several ghosts here but one is better known than the others. Her name is Lucy. Lucy is a girl who was about 7 when she died. There are several stories about who she was but one thing that has been a constant in every story is how she died. In the Bookdale Lodge there is a room called ‘The Brook Room’. It’s a restaurant that they built around the stream that flows down from the mountain behind the lodge. From the restaurant down to where the stream flows is a drop that varies from 6 to 10 feet. Lucy fell off the ledge and hit her head on the rocks below and died there. I have checked out this site twice and all I have ever gotten is a few orbs.

Toys R Us (Sunnyvale) – A shadow of a man has been seen on several occasions walking down the isles both by workers and by the stores security cameras. Employees leave at night only to come in the next morning and find toys scattered all over the floor. While the employees and Toys R Us deny that the site is haunted, there is a specific clause in the employment packet that new hires get when working at this specific site which states that if they talk about any paranormal events happening there, they will be fired.

Winchester House – We all know the story of Sarah Winchester. I have been to this house numerous times but have never gotten anything. I was convinced that the site was not haunted until our group leader (Gloria) was doing a Halloween radio broadcast from there. If you would like to hear what happened and what we got, check out my groups website. http://www.ghost-trackers.org

I’ll post more sites later.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

The Queen Anne was on travel channel. All I know was that it use to be a school for girls and a man who was a political figure had an affair with the school head mistress at the time and found out she was pregnant. He knew this would ruin his reputation and so I think he had her killed or something.

I was at San Fran and wanted to go on the rocks tour but it was booked up for days.

I heard about the Toys R' Us store also.

I also heard of the Moss Beach distillery and do believe thing may be happening their. But on a recent Travel Channel show, the manager said that now a mirrow in the womens bathroom is rigged to project a womans face (They even showed it in action) So I kind of lost interest in that place.

Their are a lot of slave cemeteries around my area that are said to be haunted too.

Oogie do you have any pics of the winchester mansion? They do not have to include any ghosts or anything, but I think for those who have not seen the building, they will be blown away. It is truely amazing.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

The mens room at the Tam O Shanter (see my post under the Tam meet thread).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I wish I visited the Queen Mary for grad night though. Bummer.

• Bear Country Refugee

I think that my apartment is haunted. I've had some weird stuff happen; particularly in the kitchen.
    "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    The mens room at the Tam O Shanter (see my post under the Tam meet thread).

It just read it. It was interesting to hear about the ghostly whispering in the bathroom. Was it just 2 sec's or longer?

• Rock Star Minion

Sorry, I don't know of any.
    (Hey, just answering your question! I'm out of here!)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Sorry, I don't know of any.
    (Hey, just answering your question! I'm out of here!)
    lol

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I wish I visited the Queen Mary for grad night though. Bummer.
    I have been all over that ship. In places i shouldn't be late at night after the engine room is closed. I've walked away from a tour to explore the pool and changing rooms alone and nothing has ever happened...excpet I ahve never been able to sleep on the ship. I've stayed the night twice and both nigths iw as up all night...granted the first night was because my drink sister was snoring up a storm...the second night may have been because I was to wound up from exploring late intot he night. ...I thought I was hearing muffeled voices, btu who knows..maybe my neighbors were up late as well..

• no flash photography...

one place i want to visit is the whaley house in san diego...

Re: Haunted Buildings

My theater is reportedly haunted. I've even seen it noted on one of the websites. Oxnard Performing Arts center. The website claims the employees don't close the dressing room doors (as the ghost opens them) but I know we do.

Upstairs near the entrance to the catwalks above the auditorium one of our guys got locked in behind a door that should be impossible to lock- either way you turn the knob the door opens. Except this time the knob didn't turn at all. As the guys were telling me this story, the door next to me slid shut.

My boss has heard voices whispering.

In the other theater, voices have been heard.

Near me is the Olivas Adobe, noted in various places to be haunted. I've seen pictures on Richard Senate's web page showing a man looking in a second-story window. Reportedly a lady in a black mantilla looks out the window.

The Mission or the Presidio in Santa Barbara is the site of soldiers marching. One of the soldier's houses supposedly still has the resident there. The city has preserved a lot of the presidio, the Spanish fort that used to be there. You can see the lines of the walls preserved (or recreated) in the sidewalks.

An old cross in Ventura is reported haunted. Young girls who go there with boys are pushed. The story is a Native girl was lured up there by a soldier, either raped or seduced, and killed to keep her quiet. So now she tries to keep other girls away.

One of the small parks in Ventura is reported haunted. A man in a tophat. On another corner, a man and a woman try to meet up. They were not allowed to date in life. The Ventura Theater building is haunted; a girl lets a blood-curdling scream. One of my coworkers used to work there, and he says one of the downstairs rooms is really creepy, a child molester used to live there and there are pictures on the walls of children. Some of the space underneath is blocked off. The Mission church reportedly has a monk who still walks but only appears to Catholics.

Also, the 101 freeway between Camarillo and Thousand Oaks reportedly gives one of my friends the willies.

I don't know the stories about Oxnard.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast