Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

This is serious.

I realize I'm not exactly the most loved person around here. I know that. But today has brought me a lot of confusion and stuff. So I wrote a long entry about this on Livejournal, which is just a blog site. I really need some help. If anyone wants to comment on this entry of mine, please, could you do that for me?

http://www.livejournal.com/users/keviedavidson/

That's the URL to my journal. No, my last name is obviously NOT Davidson. Long, long story there. The point is, I need some comments and support about my latest entry. Anyone that wants to help me out, please do. In your comment, please identify who you are so that I know, and can thank you here on Micechat.

• Banned User

Re: This is serious.

Please. Anyone else who wants to help me, please do.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I'm sorry that you are having a rough day. Sometimes the entire world seems overwhelming and its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    All I can tell you is to hold on. Find something to do to keep yourself busy, get out of the house, watch a movie, go for a walk. Venture out into the world.
    I hope tomorrow brings sunshine to your world. Remember to count your blessings, I'm sure there are many!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    I'm sorry that you are having a rough day. Sometimes the entire world seems overwhelming and its hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    All I can tell you is to hold on. Find something to do to keep yourself busy, get out of the house, watch a movie, go for a walk. Venture out into the world.
    I hope tomorrow brings sunshine to your world. Remember to count your blessings, I'm sure there are many!

Ditto that
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Banned User

Kevin, I am sorry you are so bored and lonely. I know what you feel like but it does not help to sit in your room or even on the computer. go out, get some fresh air and maybe do something like go to the park, a beach what ever may make you be happier. You sound depresessed and that makes me sad and feel bad for you. I bet you ae a great person and you just need a push to step out and do something else. If you ae bored how about baking? try a new recipe, make a fancy cake or a crummy cake? try painting, you never know if this is something you are awsome at. Just step out Kevin, you can do it. Sitting on this dum computer is not the answer unless you are making a graffic or something cool you love to do. I would get out more, ee more people or try new things at home. sew, bake, dance what ever gets you going .I am hugging you right now Kevin and thinking of you There are people to tlak to just do not sit and do nothing, talk to some one:0 I am listening to !!!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Harden up boy....
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Harden up boy....
    Yo, Tui...

Seriously Kevin, hakuna makarla is right; you sound like you are dealing with depression. I have been there, you feel like nothing goes right, no matter what you do it's wrong, and nothing will ever make it better. You can do nothing and continue to feel all of that negativity. Or you can get out and get some exersize, get those endorphins flowing. Find a hobby, preferably one where you will interact with people. Keeping your mind and yourself occupied will help; creativity brings positive energy. Even rearranging your room will give you a fresh outlook. You're not alone, especially here.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

You're only 14. You'll grow out of it. You mention some friends that you tallked to - are they too far away to go out and have fun with? Are there any after school activities that you might be interested in - clubs or some such? or some other community activities? I think that's what helped me to cope with my own high school depression.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

Thanks for everyone who helped me.

Most of the friends I mentioned are around here...it's just I'm not sure what to do with them...I know that sounds stupid...but honestly, I don't know what's really fun in this area...but I really need to get out more...

• Circle of Ancients

Hi Kevin!

I got the same first impression as some of the other people here.

You sound kind of depressed. You mentioned that you have been helping a lot of people with their problems. When you give a lot of your positive energy away like that , you need to replenish yourself. There are lots of ways to do that.

Physically, try to get a good night's sleep, eat really healthy -cut back on carbs and eat lots of protein, drink lots of water-cut out any coffee or soda or other stuff like that, take some good vitamins, and get some exercise! You mentioned that you're learning Spanish....take your vocabulary lists or cassette tapes or whatever and practice while you're walking. (I'm doing this myself to try to learn Italian while I'm walking 3 miles...it's really great!)

Emotionally, it sounds like you are looking for a good friend who will support you. Have you considered taking some kind of class like art or music or whatever floats your boat. That would be a good common ground to build a friendship on...keep your conversations light and fun at first, then try getting into deeper stuff. You don't want to scare people off at first , but you also want to make deeper connections later.

Intellectually, you probably are getting enough stimulation there if you're 14...lots of classes to take at school, right? And if those are all boring, take something that really interests you at a local junior college or recreation department. You said that you're boring, but the more you learn , the more interesting you are!

Spiritually, I think music and prayer/meditation is great. You can do this on your own, but again , if you're looking for friendships, you may want to check out some kind of youth group. The people there are usually pretty accepting of all kinds of people.

Overall, I think you just need to get off the computer and get out more. I know I always feel a lot better when I spend less time on the computer and more time out in the real world.

I really enjoy the people here at the boards and discussing Disneyland as well as other topics, but like everything in life, there's just that balance I have to have.

You will find your balance too and then you will feel a lot better. You may be feeling down now, but remember it is only temporary....things can and will get better!!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Hi Kevin!

I got the same first impression as some of the other people here.

You sound kind of depressed. You mentioned that you have been helping a lot of people with their problems. When you give a lot of your positive energy away like that , you need to replenish yourself. There are lots of ways to do that.

Physically, try to get a good night's sleep, eat really healthy -cut back on carbs and eat lots of protein, drink lots of water-cut out any coffee or soda or other stuff like that, take some good vitamins, and get some exercise! You mentioned that you're learning Spanish....take your vocabulary lists or cassette tapes or whatever and practice while you're walking. (I'm doing this myself to try to learn Italian while I'm walking 3 miles...it's really great!)

Emotionally, it sounds like you are looking for a good friend who will support you. Have you considered taking some kind of class like art or music or whatever floats your boat. That would be a good common ground to build a friendship on...keep your conversations light and fun at first, then try getting into deeper stuff. You don't want to scare people off at first , but you also want to make deeper connections later.

Intellectually, you probably are getting enough stimulation there if you're 14...lots of classes to take at school, right? And if those are all boring, take something that really interests you at a local junior college or recreation department. You said that you're boring, but the more you learn , the more interesting you are!

Spiritually, I think music and prayer/meditation is great. You can do this on your own, but again , if you're looking for friendships, you may want to check out some kind of youth group. The people there are usually pretty accepting of all kinds of people.

Overall, I think you just need to get off the computer and get out more. I know I always feel a lot better when I spend less time on the computer and more time out in the real world.

I really enjoy the people here at the boards and discussing Disneyland as well as other topics, but like everything in life, there's just that balance I have to have.

You will find your balance too and then you will feel a lot better. You may be feeling down now, but remember it is only temporary....things can and will get better!!

Excellent suggestions - especially about diet and exercise. You'll be surprised how much better you feel. Take it from someone who's been there - it really helps. Also, a spiritual connection is VITAL to good health.

Don't take life so seriously - I know it seems so huge right now, and you probably don't want someone telling you that you'll grow out of it, but I've been there and life takes many interesting twists and turns as you grow into it!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• insufferable know-it-all

Kevin:

On the bright side, you have gotten down 80% of accounting. It's pretty much, "What goes in which column, and is it credit or debit?"

I'm sorry you feel life is dull. Only you can change that. If it's dull, decide to do something exciting. Very few things in this world are actually impossible, most just take more work than the average person is willing to put into them. Pick an "impossible" dream, and pursue it. Remember it's the pursuit of dreams which actually enrich our lives, not just the achievement of them.

Plan a trip to Europe for high school graduation, for example. This means right now you have to do a lot of research to decide where to go, for how long, tour or no tour, etc. And once you've figured all that out, how much will it cost (accounting comes in handy). So how much money must you put away per week in order to achieve that number? Okay, now you have a financial goal to work towards.

Trust me, going to the bookstore or a job becomes a lot more interesting when you're doing it in pursuit of a pleasurable goal. Create a plan and make it happen.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Also, a spiritual connection is VITAL to good health.
    I would disagree with this statement, its not vital for everyone. I spent YEARS of my life feeling depressed and unsatisfied because I was searching for spirituality, religion, etc. When I finally realized that I am NOT a spiritual person, I began to have a happier, more positive outlook on life. Spirituality is important for some people, but it is not vital for everyone, and certainly not vital to be healthy.

Kevin - I strongly suggest you talk to your mom, dad, or other adult who you trust about how you are feeling. You sound like you are depressed, and are reaching out for some help. Depression is not a personality flaw, its not something "you'll grow out of". Its chemical. Depression is something you do not have control over. Its not your fault, and admitting you're depressed does not make you less of a good person. Depression is very common in teenagers, but that does not make it any less serious. The great thing is that with counseling and sometimes medication, depression does NOT have to be a part of growing up. Kevin, I know its hard to admit you're having a problem, especially to grown ups. But please talk to someone who can get you some help. I'm positive you'll be glad that you did!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Kevin,

I think it's really important for you to know that the feelings you're having are very normal--at your age, or at any age. We all go through phases in our life when we're bored, frustrated and/or depressed. The important thing to do (and you're already doing it--good for you!) is to reach out to people, express yourself and find the things in life you truly enjoy doing. Can't figure out what it is you'd like to do? Then keep trying until you find it--that's part of the fun.

During my life, I've performed on stage, worked as a radio deejay, bungee jumped, skydived, driven cross country, managed an office, owned my own business, declared bankrupcy, visited Disneyland and Walt Disney World, known love, known heartbreak . . . and this is just stuff I'm throwing off the top of my head. I could make a much longer, much more detailed list if you gave me the time. I'm 43 and I still haven't figured out what I want to be when I grow up--and I think that's exciting.

An old friend from high school once asked me if my life turned out the way I hoped it would. I told her, "Not really, but I'm not finished yet." The important thing in life is to keep moving and experience it. My life hasn't always been perfect. No one's is. But by reaching out to the people around us, we all get by just fine.

You've got a bright, limitless future ahead of you. Get out and enjoy it!

Tim

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Kevin, if you don't know what's around you, then do a Web search for your town or towns near you, etc! As someone who's moved a lot, tha'ts a good wayy to find cool stuff that you never knew existed!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast