•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Wii Fit vs. Wii Fit Plus

Ok, so I know very little about the Wii. lol I want to get a Wi Fit or Wii Fit Plus... what is the difference? Is it just the "game" ? Is one better than the other? They seem to be pushing Wii Fit Plus everywhere but very little about the regulat one.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Wii Fit vs. Wii Fit Plus

Plus is better, it has a few extras, but it costs $10 more than regular.

• no flash photography...

I got the wii fit plus...it was at costco and came with the board.

• Merrily on my way to

I've had the Wii Fit for a while now and recently picked up the Plus. The Plus has absolutely everything that the original Wii Fit has and some new material that I really like, quite a bit of new material really. I would definitely spend the extra $10 and get the Wii Fit Plus.

• Minion

I wanna get the wii fit too! I say for 10 dollars more just get the plus. I've played it at my friends house and it is soooooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Read View Post
    I've had the Wii Fit for a while now and recently picked up the Plus. The Plus has absolutely everything that the original Wii Fit has and some new material that I really like, quite a bit of new material really. I would definitely spend the extra $10 and get the Wii Fit Plus.
    But the board is the same right? It is only the software that is different or am I mistaken?
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    But the board is the same right? It is only the software that is different or am I mistaken?
    the wii fit plus I purchased came with a board, but I would assume the board is the same since they were also selling the game separate for $19.99.

• Merrily on my way to

The board is the same.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I love the wiifit but for 10 extra bucks go for the plus if you plan on using it. Start with the fun balance games then work your way up to the tougher stuff (Strength, yoga & aerobics).

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Yeah, we already have the wii fit and I picked up the plus game for my wife to give to her at Christmas and wanted to now make sure it was compatible. Thanks all.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• a wind to shake the stars

Big Micechatter here.... wondering if anybody's been able to lose weight with the Wii Fit?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by The International View Post
    Big Micechatter here.... wondering if anybody's been able to lose weight with the Wii Fit?
    I attribute a lot of it to the WiiFit. But oyu need to do a lifestyle change that includes good diet and exercise outside of just the Wii.

What helps a lot is weighing in every day and being accountable if you gain weight. It is a lot more amusing than just doing push ups or situps alone. It also introduces a variety of things to work on differnt parts of your body.

So the answer to your question is YES for me. It kept me going moreso then dropping all the pounds for me and it's a fun way to stay motivated while giving helpful tips.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

You guys are great! TY for the info - I had no idea it was the same game only with more added. Looks like a Wii Fit Plus bundle is my Christmas present
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

It absolutely helps, but you can't just do the WiiFit and nothing else and lose weight. Unless your doing it 5 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I attribute a lot of it to the WiiFit. But oyu need to do a lifestyle change that includes good diet and exercise outside of just the Wii.

What helps a lot is weighing in every day and being accountable if you gain weight. It is a lot more amusing than just doing push ups or situps alone. It also introduces a variety of things to work on differnt parts of your body.

So the answer to your question is YES for me. It kept me going moreso then dropping all the pounds for me and it's a fun way to stay motivated while giving helpful tips.
    I agree with all of this. Yes, it helps keep track of what your doing, keeps you motivated to do stuff and also allows you to keep track of all your other physical activity outside of Wii Fit. I do a lot of running (generally 4-5 miles 4 to 5 times per week) and it's really good for those days I don't particularly want to run and I will instead spend an hour doing the Wii Fit stuff.

But any kind of plan to lose weight also has to contain a lifestyle change as far as what you are putting into your body.

I doubt it. It's fun, but it would take more than just the game.