Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Peeves

• Mrs. J. Depp

Pet Peeves

We all have them. I have several, but some bother me more than others. Off the top of my head, the thing that makes me absolutely cringe is when people are singing along to a song and they are totally off key or don't know the words. The combination of the two can literally send me into a tizzy.

Another is typos. Especially when it's in a magazine or on a menu at a restaurant. I don't like not knowing how to spell something, so if I don't know I look it up. I wish other people did the same. I understand that sometimes it's just a mistake, but more often than not it's just laziness.

I have a bunch of others but those 2 stand out in my head. Now everybody please join in so I don't sound like an insensitive freak.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Pet Peeves

People biting their nails.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I have tons of pet peeves. At the moment, my biggest pet peeve is people being disrespectful to others because they think they're better. Ick. I hate that.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• hi!

• Toilet Paper Rolls that dispense Under the Roll: i have no idea why i'm so peeved by this.. i just am..
    • People with No Sense of Hygiene: i hate passing by someone and getting a whiff of their inability to shower.
    • Non-Hand Washers: goes hand-in-hand with the previous point, but i hate when i'm in a public restroom, and i see someone come in, use the restroom, and leave without washing their hands.
    -plagued

• Shifting cargo

People who walk really slow and in the middle of the walkway so you can't pass them, or people who just stop in the middle.

People who don't respect their elders.

People cussing really loud in public.

People talking on their cell phones really loudly in public

People who don't cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze...

I have a problem with everyone

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

I'm with you on typos- especially on something public. I get that regular people make them, but when your business has something on a sign, please get it right.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

My biggest pet peeve are those who are not punctional. I grew up learning to be on time for everything, whether it is for school, work or a family gathering. By arriving early it is a sign of respect and being a courtieous person.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Minion

When someone eats my chips and continues to lick their fingers! GROSS! The chips are than ALL THEIRS!

Double Dipping, Picking your nose (dude use tissue thats what its for!)
    Slow Drivers on the freeway
    Lipstick on my straw

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Promises not kept.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I could write a novel about my pet peeves but I'll be nice and only do my top 5 in no particular order.

1. Stupidity - unless you have brain damage or a brain injury, there is just no excuse for not looking things up to check your facts, spelling, etc.

2. Pushy people - Wait your turn just like everyone else, you're not special.

3. Crappy drivers - I don't want to die just because you are either #1 or #2 above.

4. Racist/homophobes - These people scare me because they are filled with hate.

5. Smokers who throw their butts out of the car window.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2pkiLD1eWo]YouTube - Pet Peeve Rap[/ame]

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    I'm with you on typos- especially on something public. I get that regular people make them, but when your business has something on a sign, please get it right.
    That reminds me of last school year. We were putting on a talent show called "The Human Declaration of Rights", and we had all of these people coming from the school district and it was a big turn out. My principal decided not to proof read it and instead wrote on the fliers "The Human Deceleration of Rights". I know it's not the biggest deal, but dudes, PROOF READ!!!!

• Shifting cargo

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    When someone eats my chips and continues to lick their fingers! GROSS! The chips are than ALL THEIRS!

Double Dipping, Picking your nose (dude use tissue thats what its for!)
    Slow Drivers on the freeway
    Lipstick on my straw
    ^^^ Wouldn't lipstick on your straw kind of be your doing?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

People who don't put shopping carts where they belong. People spend hundreds of dollars on health clubs and they can't walk 10 feet to put the cart away so it won't roll all over the parking lot and hit my car!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

People who don't follow the rules. IE....staying off the grass at Disney World or not following other signs.

My BIG one...

People who can't get an order right! Oh my gosh! I LOVE McDonald's sweet tea. But, I want it with NO ICE. None. I want virgin tea. I don't even want it in the same room as ice. Yet, this concept seems to be over the head of about 90% of drive thru workers. Even this afternoon, the guy at the first window asked me..."no ice in either drink, right?" I affirmed. Get to the second window. Guy hands me the two drinks...WITH ICE! WTHeck?

Wanna piss me off more? When I tell you I asked for NO ICE, take the drink back and filter off the ice..pouring it into a new cup and hand it back to me. When they do this, my only thought is to either...A. throw the cup of tea at the drive thru window while speeding by and laughing maniacally. Or, B. Pretending it slips out of my hand, and let it hit the concrete. Thus, demanding a new drink.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast