Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Someone stole a skeleton!!

As some of you may have read I decorated my yard with every Nightmare Before Christmas character I could for this year's Halloween. I hand made everything except for the Oogie Boogie. Here is the other thread about it:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...re+decorations
    Now I was very upset when I pulled up from picking my son up from school yesterday and noticed that someone had stolen one of the skeletons I had made out of wood and painted!! I had them hanging from my tree and now I am one short.
    Why do people do this? The point of decorating for Halloween is so others can enjoy what you have done. If I didn't want them to see I would have just decorated the inside of my house.Now I am afraid that someone is going to take Jack or parts of him...and I spent many days making him! This is the second time someone has stolen something out of my yard this year.....I live in a great neighborhood, so I am not sure what to do?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Someone stole a skeleton!!

People are such idiots!

• Minion

I'd bet it is hanging in one of your teen neighbor's bedrooms.

• Happy Memories

Yup, I'd blame it on the dang teenagers. For some reason, they find stuff like this very amusing. Either it's been taken by some kid who REALLY likes NBC and already has all the stuff available at Hot Topic OR it was some idiot who could care less and just thought it amusing to upset you by making it dissappear. Either way... MORONS!

Not sure what kind of advice to give you. I haven't yet had the time to create outdoor decorations myself, but I was afraid of this very thing when I was coming up with ideas.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hook up a hidden suviellence camera. (I totally spelled that wrong!)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm going with teens for 500, Alex.

Hidden camera could be good, OR... in the skeleton's place, post a large (like big sheet of plywood large) painted sign asking parents if their child has your skeleton. Of course... that will probably "invite" more teens....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• ...lurks...

Ouch. Sorry to hear. What you have is very good, great job on the craftsmanship!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I'm going with teens for 500, Alex.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm sorry that happened to you hun, I agree it was probably a teenager. I like to hope that adults aren't that stupid or disrespectful but I'm surprised on a daily basis.

*HUGS*

• Mexihick, y'all

Plain and simple, people suck, and want what is not theirs. That's why all our decorations are either up on the porch or on the roof. My cousin had her inflatable pumpkin stolen from their lawn last year during Halloween. During Xmas they stole a lighted candy cane, and ripped a poinsettia right out of the ground. Lovely people.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Do you know what, I actually bet you it was some in there 20's... When I was younger, we always had christmas lights on trees etc.. Well for like 3 years in a row, someone would either steal them, or/and smash them.. It sucked, It made me sad... Then we got LED lights, weeeee... And only put lights high enoguh up that no one can reach them.. And I'm a teen.... Not all teens are bad, so don't automatically assume please..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• most magical vaca ever

Oh No Churro! That's so awful!

I hope whoever did it has a guilty conscience and will return it. What losers! (losers that don't even post!)

I can't believe someone would stoop so low!
    ~~~~~~

• Happy Memories

Evan-I don't believe anyone ever said "all teens" were bad. It's just a lot more likely that a younger person (20 or under), would be responsible for something like this. An adult wouldn't bother unless there was already a fued going on and they were being spiteful.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

If you are putting really cool stuff on your lawn, what exactly did you expect to happen? We don't really live in the land of Gumdrops and Unicorns, humans are humans.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Churro....I am really sorry this happened. I'm hoping maybe it was some friends of yours playing a practical joke on you (although a bad one in this case) and that maybe they'll send you a ransom note for it that says something like "You must give us one plate of homemade chocolate chip cookies if you ever want to see your skeleton alive (dead) again!"

But if someone actually stole it to be a selfish jerk, he/she better be really careful not to get caught. A few years ago some girls in Santa Cruz stole part of a nativity set "as a joke, " got caught and ended up serving time in jail because the owner was not amused and pressed charges.

As angry as I feel when people steal from me, I always try to say a prayer of peace for the people because I figure they must be pretty messed up to take something that isn't theirs. Maybe whoever did it will have a guilty conscience and decide to return it! Hope you get it back. All fo those decorations you made are awesome!!

Oh , by the way, in response to someone who said it's often kids who steal, I have to say that one of my bad experiences was when my daughter got her first library card and was totally excited to check out books, but then left them in the movie theater by mistake. We remembered them right when we got to the car and went back to ask if we could get them. One of the people working there said she had just given them to an old man and she pointed to him . We thought maybe he was being a good samaritan and returning them to the library , but no, he got in his car and drove away with them. My daughter and I were both shocked!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast