Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• That Guy

Online Dating...aka Welcome to Loserville, Population Me.

Okay, I may have hit rock bottom. I know I saw this subject a long time ago, but we have brought less pressing issues back from the grave, so here goes.

Have you guys tried the whole on-line dating thing? I put a profile up at Match.com and OKcupid.com, and I'm not sure what to think. At match, if you see someone who interests you, you can send them a 'wink' which tells them you like what you see. The great irony is that when I send a wink to someone, I often get the sound of crickets chirping, AKA no response. Meanwhile, people whom I am not interested in wink at me, when I am not into them at first glance (or they smoke, worship Satan, etc). Ahh, love in the modern age.

The reason I tried this is that I find it hard to meet women since I am not in school anymore. I meet some at work, but that is a party foul I have learned the hard way. I am not into the bar scene and it's not worth going to church to try and meet someone. On the bright side, I really don't care, I am pretty good company for myself, and I am somewhat young, so I am not in a rush.

Wow, this might be my lamest post yet, a new milestone. Anyway, if you would please, share with the class on the pros and cons, what works, what doesn't, etc.

Thanks!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Re: Online Dating...aka Welcome to Loserville, Population Me.

having previously tried all the above methods of meeting people, living in three states in 10 months will do that to ya I guess... I can tell you that you never know what you will find with online dating. I also went through the whole crickets thing, a bit disheartning actually, so I fully understand. the best place online I found was actually MiceChat. Finding people with a similar interest such as one's love of Disney/Disneyland is a great way to meet people, it's an automatic shared interest.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Minion

FWIW, I met my wife through a mutual friend. We've been married almost 10 years and it keeps getting better and better.

Do any of your friends have female friends they could introduce you to?

• That Guy

Hmm, good points Anders, thank you.

The funny thing is, I'm not really motivated to do much with it. They have it where you can pay, and have full access, or do the free thing where you can kind of put your profile out there and see what happens.

Did you go on many dates, or just do the email thing? It is so hard to judge chemistry online, and to me, chemistry is HUGE.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    FWIW, I met my wife through a mutual friend. We've been married almost 10 years and it keeps getting better and better.

Do any of your friends have female friends they could introduce you to?

That is so cool, I'm glad the friend referral worked out for you.

I have a bunch of great friends that offer to set me up, but then I worry that they might get grief if it doesn't work out. Perhaps if I ever get desperate, I will hang out at the immigration office and see who needs to get married to stay here.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

hmm, well I went out with several people, a couple of them were interesting and went out a few times, but just wasn't going to work. It is difficult to judge by emails alone, phone calls are one potential next step if you're not for meeting people in person right away, allows you to get to know them on a more personal level. Also, go into it with an open mind and not expecting anything out of it, you'll most likely be disappointed if you do.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• no flash photography...

I met my BF in a bar/club and we have been together for 11 years....

• That Guy

Good advice, thanks. I just wonder how you play it if you meet someone for some wine, etc. and you're not into it, do you email them with a 'thanks, but no thanks' or should I stick with my traditional flaming bag of pooh on their porch?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

That worked out for my friend

Well, not actually. She met her husband working at Starbucks where he was a regular customer. They fell in love and found out that his green card expired on her birthday. They took it as a sign that they should get married, which they did in 2002. They have a son who is 9 months old. Did I mention he's worth a boatload?

I met my husband at church. Honestly, you can meet people anywhere, you just have to keep your eyes open. It might be time to ressurect the single riders meets, there has been lots going on, but maybe we should schedule one, just for you. When can you make it to the park?

I am the micechat love doctor, let me work my magic
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I met my BF in a bar/club and we have been together for 11 years....

According to the terms of my probation, I am not allowed where they sell alcohol.*

*Just kidding
    Last edited by Max Fischer; 10-19-2005 at 08:21 PM.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    That worked out for my friend

Well, not actually. She met her husband working at Starbucks where he was a regular customer. They fell in love and found out that his green card expired on her birthday. They took it as a sign that they should get married, which they did in 2002. They have a son who is 9 months old. Did I mention he's worth a boatload?

I met my husband at church. Honestly, you can meet people anywhere, you just have to keep your eyes open. It might be time to resurrect the single riders meets, there has been lots going on, but maybe we should schedule one, just for you. When can you make it to the park?

I am the micechat love doctor, let me work my magic

DQ,

That is really cool, and it has all the makings of a Lifetime movie of the week. I am going to DLR in December with some work friends. Also, to clarify on my motivation, I am at such a great time in my life, it would be really cool to have someone special to share it with. Traveling, great restaurants, etc. It's nice to go with friends, but you know how it is.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

well, let me know the dates and we'll set one up, like I said, its time for them to start up again.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• That Guy

DQ,

But HOW many single girls do you know with poor vision and low self-esteem?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    DQ,

But HOW many single girls do you know with poor vision and low self-esteem?
    Alright max stop it!! you are very handsome and a lot of girls would kill to have ya!! Ya your not the good looking dude in your avatar ( so I think hes good looking hee hee hee ) but you are better looking ,funny and you have butt loads of personality. You are not boring, you are not uncool. I believe there is a person for everyone ( so I missed the boat and married and divorced the wrong one, crap!! LOL! ) But you, ya you, will find that special person just when you think its not going to happen BAM it will !
    I got bets you will have an awsome good looking girl in no time. Chin up old boy, that girl is looking for you to!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I met my boyfriend through the internet, not through a match service but because we played a mutual game together. We had been friends for over 2 years and then we met and that was it. Was natural for us to move into the next stage. We weren't looking for anyone and we started talking one day, one thing lead to another, we met up in Chicago for the weekend with some friends and here we are, almost 2 1/2 years later as boyfriend/girlfriend. We've known each other for about 5 years.

My point is that I'm sometimes you find love in places you aren't looking for it. I've never been happier in my life and we have a wonderful relationship. I'm also not a person who goes to bars or lives the "nightlife" like other people. I'm also not overly religious where I would want to meet someone at church so for me I had about the same options you do.

Don't rush it hun, it will happen in time and I know there is someone out there who will compliment you completely and you will be happy.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast