Post A little off topic, but important none-the-less; 4 Lakewood police officers memorial-

I live in the Seattle area, and one of the police officers murdered was a friend of mine's family member (no..I did not know him).

Regardless of the connection, wouldn't it be great if the immediate family member's of the slain officers could be given a trip to Disneyland? I'm not sure how closely anybody here followed the story, but between the 4 families there were 9 children of the officers.

I realize this is a hard thing to get together..so maybe next time you are shopping in Downtown Disney, Disneyland, or California Adventure, pick up a little something, mail it to the Lakewood Police Department, and make one of those kids days..Something so minimal to you could be so magical to a little boy or girl who lost a parent so tragically.

(Also...This does NOT just go toward the Lakewood incident- Put this mindset towards others who are less fortunate then those of us who get to have a care-free day at Disneyland, or just a care-free day in general)

If things like this were done on a regular basis; I truly think the world would be a more peaceful, calmer place.

• Mr. Minnie Mouse

Re: A little off topic, but important none-the-less; 4 Lakewood police officers memor

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    I live in the Seattle area, and one of the police officers murdered was a friend of mine's family member (no..I did not know him).

Regardless of the connection, wouldn't it be great if the immediate family member's of the slain officers could be given a trip to Disneyland? I'm not sure how closely anybody here followed the story, but between the 4 families there were 9 children of the officers.

I realize this is a hard thing to get together..so maybe next time you are shopping in Downtown Disney, Disneyland, or California Adventure, pick up a little something, mail it to the Lakewood Police Department, and make one of those kids days..Something so minimal to you could be so magical to a little boy or girl who lost a parent so tragically.

(Also...This does NOT just go toward the Lakewood incident- Put this mindset towards others who are less fortunate then those of us who get to have a care-free day at Disneyland, or just a care-free day in general)

If things like this were done on a regular basis; I truly think the world would be a more peaceful, calmer place.
    I think that's a great idea. I wonder if Disneyland ever had a day to give to those in service. In my opinion, I think police, firefighters, and the armed forces should be given a free day to get in. I hope I dont get people commenting with financial repercussions but I believe that those who serve and protect us and our families deserve at least that.

Re: A little off topic, but important none-the-less; 4 Lakewood police officers memor

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    I think that's a great idea. I wonder if Disneyland ever had a day to give to those in service. In my opinion, I think police, firefighters, and the armed forces should be given a free day to get in. I hope I dont get people commenting with financial repercussions but I believe that those who serve and protect us and our families deserve at least that.
    I think so too! I know they get special rates through the military..but it would be nice for them to get 50% off or something.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust!

I agree and think it would be a nice gesture to do that for the Lakewood officers. I think sometimes that when we are remembering those who serve for us that fire/police are not forgotten, but are not always included in that grouping. I think because it's an everyday service and so many times we focus on the police giving us tickets and we forget that they put themselves on the line too to keep us safe.
    I hope I don't get hit for this comment. I'm not trying to say anything offensive and I don't think I have. I'm just agreeing that I think it would be a nice gesture for police/fire/service men and women to get a day at Disneyland.
    I miss Disney World...
    Check out my Disney Cruise Trip Report...lots of photos being added: http://micechat.com/forums/disney-cr...ey-wonder.html