Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• most magical vaca ever

Re: The holiday season...

I Christmas time

Our tree/decorations go up on Thanksgiving or the day after, depends on how much cooking I have to do....

As soon as we see Santa arrive at the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade it is time
    ~~~~~~

• insufferable know-it-all

As far as I'm concerned the "holiday season" arrives November 1st. Keep that Yuletide crap away from me (okay, not really) until after Halloween, but once Halloween is past, all bets are off. Make my Christmas as long as possible. I *do* treat Thanksgiving as Christmas part I. Everything between November 1st and 25th, as far as I'm concerned, is "staging" for Christmastime. Now part of that DOES include the fall colors stuff. You start to bring in the red and gold leaves, and the turkeys, and all that transitions ever so neatly right into the Christmas stuff, where there is still the prospect of turkey, and red and gold everywhere, etc. Thanksgiving, as celebrated, IS a ramp-up to the holidays.

Interestingly, did you know that the current date for Thanksgiving was set specifically to accommodate Christmas shopping? I think it was Roosevelt that did it, but don't quote me on that. He set it when he did so it could accommodate one extra shopping weekend for Christmas. Purely economic.

But yeah, like I said. Once Halloween is over, you can bring out all the Christmas you want (just not before... k?)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• most magical vaca ever

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    As far as I'm concerned the "holiday season" arrives November 1st. Keep that Yuletide crap away from me (okay, not really) until after Halloween, but once Halloween is past, all bets are off. Make my Christmas as long as possible. I *do* treat Thanksgiving as Christmas part I. Everything between November 1st and 25th, as far as I'm concerned, is "staging" for Christmastime. Now part of that DOES include the fall colors stuff. You start to bring in the red and gold leaves, and the turkeys, and all that transitions ever so neatly right into the Christmas stuff, where there is still the prospect of turkey, and red and gold everywhere, etc. Thanksgiving, as celebrated, IS a ramp-up to the holidays.

Interestingly, did you know that the current date for Thanksgiving was set specifically to accommodate Christmas shopping? I think it was Roosevelt that did it, but don't quote me on that. He set it when he did so it could accommodate one extra shopping weekend for Christmas. Purely economic.

But yeah, like I said. Once Halloween is over, you can bring out all the Christmas you want (just not before... k?)
    The KING has spoken
    ~~~~~~

You've just given me a great idea for my post-Halloween avatar

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    You've just given me a great idea for my post-Halloween avatar
    Is it going to be another scary king picture but this time in the holiday spirit? lol

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

No! All Christmas items must remain hidden until Fall is officially over at 3pm on Thanksgiving Day! By then, all the leftovers are put up, dishes done and it's time to bring out the boxes!

THEN...we pop on some Christmas tunes and decorate away. The day after Turkey Day is shopping, shopping, shopping!

Of course, our new house is so Christmas deco worthy, I may have to move this up by a week! I swear, I actually, while looking at houses, one of my selling points was how great would it look with Christmas lights!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baileykat
    Of course, our new house is so Christmas deco worthy, I may have to move this up by a week! I swear, I actually, while looking at houses, one of my selling points was how great would it look with Christmas lights!
    I was like that too when we were house hunting!!

I LOVE Halloween, the decorations, the scary movies, the pumpkin patches, carving smells oh my!!

Although, I'm excited this year for Christmas(decorating a new house!! so much to plan ) I want my FULL HALLOWEEN SEASON FIRST. Thank you.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

So D-Mom, how bout some pics of your glorious halloween decorations? I would love to see them!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by baileykat
    No! All Christmas items must remain hidden until Fall is officially over at 3pm on Thanksgiving Day! By then, all the leftovers are put up, dishes done and it's time to bring out the boxes!

THEN...we pop on some Christmas tunes and decorate away. The day after Turkey Day is shopping, shopping, shopping!

Wait so Fall ends at 3PM on Turkey Day?

Well, you guys enjoy your pilgrims and your turkeys while I start shopping for light strings and cinnamon, and CDs of handbells.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Wait so Fall ends at 3PM on Turkey Day?

In our house it does! As soon as the turkey is put up....Christmas is on!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL
    So D-Mom, how bout some pics of your glorious halloween decorations? I would love to see them!
    I'm too lazy

Seriously, they don't look as glorious as I would've liked but they're fun! And my digital camera doesn't like me right now, I'll take a couple with my cell later though

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Please oh Please and I'll return the favor.
    My digital died on me - I uploadede a pic here I took off my front porch and then it died!

MiceChat killed my camera!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12