Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Defying Gravity

We are the happy owners of Rosie.
    She is a 1 1/2 year old Nova Scotia duck tolling retriever. She has a lot of personality and I love her as she was my baby. Wich she sort of is since we dont have kids yet.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• New Waver

My dog's name is Sandy and she really is my best friend. She is a Shetland Sheepdog (sheltie) and I have had her for about a year and a half now. I had another dog while growing up named Amy who was a shelite mix, but we finely had to say goodbye to her last year as she was coming close to her 19th birthday Amy was a great dog and can never be replaced. But our family had room in our hearts to take anouther little animal into our lives.

We had decided that we wanted a purebreed sheltie this time but we wanted to try to rescue one. It proved to be pretty hard but we were lead to a place that took in shelties that did not have a home. But right when we were ready they did not have any dogs for us. So we started thinking about getting a puppy but then we got a call from a man in a town about 300 miles away from where we lived at the time asking if we would like to take his sheltie. He said he found out about us from a breeder friend we had that knew that we were in the market for a rescue sheltie! We were so happy but soon we found out that Sandy had some problems. Even though she was only 2 years old she was very very heavy, about 50 pounds! That is very big for a sheltie. Although she is on the larger size of the breed she needed to drop about 20 pounds. We found out that she had a tyroid condition and all we had to do was give he a pill. Sure enough she droped the weight and soon we had a dog that can be quite a handful. When she was fat she was very inactive but once she lost the weight she could run and jump with the best of them.

She loves to bark (something we have had to grow to live with since shelties are barkers by nature). She also love to play with her rope and ball. She get very upset if she does not get to sleep on my bed and can make some of the most pitiful noises you ever heard if she does not get her way! But she is very good at keeping herself under control during dinner time and is very dignified with her beging . She also loves to go shooting out of our back door and chase the bird away. But she is super smart and takes to training very well. Since I go to a liberal arts school that lets you take you pet to class with you she sometimes comes to school with me and does a very good job of making people take notice of her.

In the time that I have had her in my life she has become my greatest friend that a person could ever hope for and she is a wonderful part of my family. Here is a picture of her guarding her monkee Sandy the Sheltie

• Man O Lantern

We have a turtle named Spike and a cat named Lassie. I'm not sure that anyone loves them. :devil:

I'm kidding! I love my Lassie so much....she's my baby.

We're in line to get a teacup or mini shih tsu mix. So freaking CUTE. That would be my dream pet, and it's just falling into our laps!! We don't have to pay. The lady that does my nails has family members that breed the dogs and they don't sell them.....depending on how many puppies are in the next two litters, we might get one!

• Race Car Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    I have a cat named Marie. She stands around like Timon all of the time. I should have named her Timone. She is still a baby, she will be 1 on 4/10 and is the sweetest cat ever. No one is as cute as she.

Her pirate name in Mad Jenny Flint, she has a black eye patch.

Princess Marie was captured by pirates and to survive she became a pirate too.

I just realized, that makes me sound crazy!
    You know I was reading it and it made sence to me..... but your right it did make you sound crazy .........
    .......... now i am wondering if i am crazy as well?
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:09 PM.

• -Going Retro-

It seems our condo is more like a zoo these days:

1 black cat Salem
    1 Black & White Baby
    55gal fish tank with mean evil fish eating monsters :devil:

And last but not least the love of my life Tobey :o

I can't say I love my cats anymore not after what I had to clean up this morning Tobey however really made our life change. I forgot how much fun it is to have a dog again. Puts a smile on my face all the time.
    Last edited by Disguy; 03-03-2005 at 03:16 PM.

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-27-2005 at 08:17 PM.

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Wench
    Why do you keep monsters in a fish tank?
    I always wanted mean fish. I just call them my little monsters :o most are African Cichlids and a large pike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12