Have noticed for some time that many of the same kinds of products are higher priced for women than men... especially products having to do with health and beauty.
Here's some examples that I noticed while shopping at Raley's today...
- Men's Old Spice deoderent stick 2.25 oz for $2.79 as compared to Women's Lady Speed Stick 2.3 oz for 3.39
- Men's Barbasol shaving cream can 11 oz $1.69 as compared to women's Skintimate shaving cream can 7 oz $2.99
- Mens's Clairol hair coloring $6.99 as compared with women's Clairol hair coloring 8.99
- Men's Bod fragrant body spray 3.4 oz $4.29 as compared with women's Degree Classic body mist spray 3 fl oz $4.99
- SoftHeat theraputic heating pad (w/ man's picture on it), king sized $29.99 as compared to SoftHeat theraputic heatin pad (w/ woman's picture on it), king sized 36.99
Wonder what the reasoning of the marketing companies over this. Perhaps for one thing, they figure that women are more concerned than men with health and beauty care, so they will be willing to pay more.
What do you think.